Hip Length Challenge 2010

Toy

Toy....okay that's it...i am SEVERELY jealous of your hair!!!:fistshake:....you're Hip Length and its thick and the length that i want and blahdy blahdy BLAH!!!!:mad:....GIVE ME YOUR HAIR!!!!....:laugh:

Stop it SmilingElephant YOUR HAIR IS BEAUTIFUL you know there is no reason to be jealous Just stop it you are almost there.LOL!!!

Mz.MoMo5235

i'm still waiting on hl... bleh, according to my math i should have hit it this month, maybe next month... but i'll be lucky if i make it end of the year.

stupid stalls and set backs!!!! grrrr!!!!

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I don't know why it showed up seperate and not all together and I sure don't know how to fix it lol. Plus I am thinking of cutting atleast 3 inches off, just not sure if now or next t-up.

Last edited:
I don't know why it showed up seperate and not all together and I sure don't know how to fix it lol. Plus I am thinking of cutting atleast 3 inches off, just not sure if now or next t-up.

Don't cut unless it's really split or damaged- which it doesn't look like it is at all! Your hair is beautiful. Wait for it to fill in the way you want it to! Trust me!

Lita

shopaholic...PLEASE DON'T CUT
...Let it grow & then and only then if you see splits do a mini,mini,mini trim...

Happy Hair Growing!

Whimsy

Do you have splits? If not, don't cut. If you're feigning to cut, just do an inch max. I understand the feelings of needing to cut though.

I was feigning to cut so I got lots of layers short to long, but the back length I only had trimmed to keep length.

But I still say you should hold out! Your hair looks awesome!

~*~ShopAholic~*~

No I don't have any splits and do regular trims of at leat 1/4 an inch with every t-up didn't do one yet this go round to figure out if i'll cut more than the usual. Here's a pic after a big trim back in Feb.or March, b4 the pic I posted with the blue and white stripe shirt.

Last edited:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

hey girl where u been hiding LOL, I know u know I watched u cut your gorgeous mane one to many times but it always grows back just as beautiful. If your wondering my Old screen name was BeautifulWideEyes still have the same fotki name though.
Don't cut unless it's really split or damaged- which it doesn't look like it is at all! Your hair is beautiful. Wait for it to fill in the way you want it to! Trust me!

Lucia

No dont cut that much off believe me a dusting or mini trim is enough
Ifyou cut right befor your hair takes a growth break you'll be frustrated and down like I was

Lucia

Ok ladies this is the last quarter of 2010. What are you doing to step up your haircare game and reach (or get really close to) your hairgoals? Regimen updates styles CW DC ?

I'll start: I'll be stepping up my haircare game by scalp massages every other night before bed, CW leave in conditioner oil bun/PS every 3 days. CW airdry flat iron or try a wash n go or twistout when I want a change. S&D only when I need it no big trim until after I reach goal I'll do Feye's method for self trims.

Last edited:

LoveLongLocks

Ok ladies this is the last quarter of 2010. What are you doing to step up your haircare game and reach (or get really close to) your hairgoals? Regimen updates styles CW DC ?

I'll start: I'll be stepping up my haircare game by scalp massages every other night before bed, CW leave in conditioner oil bun/PS every 3 days. CW airdry flat iron or try a wash n go or twistout when I want a change. S&D only when I need it no big trim until after I reach goal I'll do Feye's method for self trims.

I plan on hanging out in these braids until Dec. Weekly Wash, Infusium, Braid Spray. If by some miracle I can keep them in past Dec., I will DC in sections one at a time and do s&d's until Jan or Feb.

hey girl where u been hiding LOL, I know u know I watched u cut your gorgeous mane one to many times but it always grows back just as beautiful. If your wondering my Old screen name was BeautifulWideEyes still have the same fotki name though.

Omygoodness is that you?!!! You've been hiding all that beautiful hair from me this whole time?! smh. Yes, but I really need to stop cutting and letting people "trim" my hair. Challenges on the board, seeing your length and other ladies like you is helping me a lot. So please don't trim :)

Lucia

i'm still waiting on hl... bleh, according to my math i should have hit it this month, maybe next month... but i'll be lucky if i make it end of the year.

stupid stalls and set backs!!!! grrrr!!!!

It's frustrating sometimes but you're so close just hang in there, keep on working your regimen and your hair will be HL in the blink of an eye.

Lucia

I'll start: I'll be stepping up my haircare game by scalp massages every other night before bed, CW leave in conditioner oil bun/PS every 3 days. CW airdry flat iron or try a wash n go or twistout when I
want a change. S&D only when I need it no big trim until after I reach goal I'll do Feye's method for self
trims.

Bumping for more responses
Adding
What's your stg and ltg for the rest of this year?

Lucia

My STG: to reach full WL and sl-apl curly
LTG: full HL grazing TL curly I have no idea how long or shrunken it will be since that's a length I've never reached before.

Ok ladies post your STG and LTG

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Hey ladies, waves! LOL, for the rest.of.the year I'll be doing mainly flexi-rodsets styled different kind of ways. I am also doing scalp massages atleast 3x a week with my cinnamon and castor oil mix. I also started doing henna gloss treatments every 2 weeks to strengthen and help with thickness. Since I DC twice a wk I shouldn't have a problem with moisture. I also started doing molasses treatments talk about moisture.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Oh yeah forgot to say I cut 2" off my bottom length and 4"off my layers. The happy part is I measured my hair with a measuring tape post cut and it measured 29 1/2" and HL on me is 31 1/2". Hopefully by my next t-up in January I'll be back at HL. :~0

BostonMaria

Hello everyone! I tried to upload pictures for the Sept reveal. I set up my camera and I saw it fall in slow motion... into the toilet. RIP. I took some pictures in Sept but they didn't come out too good. They're on my blog. I know I won't make it to hip length in 2 months, but that's ok because I joined Whimsy's challenge. This has been my favorite challenge this year.

Spring

Hello everyone! I tried to upload pictures for the Sept reveal. I set up my camera and I saw it fall in slow motion... into the toilet. RIP. I took some pictures in Sept but they didn't come out too good. They're on my blog. I know I won't make it to hip length in 2 months, but that's ok because I joined Whimsy's challenge. This has been my favorite challenge this year.

BostonMaria,

I've heard of people putting their cell phones in rice after their phones were submerged in water... I don't know if that really works, but I've heard a few people say it worked for them.

ETA

goodness.... I don't how people detangle in the shower... LOL :lol: I'm underprocessed and it's detangle day (wash day is tomorrow, but I have to paint and don't have a lot of time to detangle), and it's taking me forever just to detangle a small section..

Last edited:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Girl I liked it sooo much I put the leftovers in my boys hair my oldest son has 4b hair with a little type 1 his texture is weird, anyway I didn't have to put anything in his hair all week and was able to comb through with ease. Even he noticed, he was so happy I said I'll do that every Sunday.
I heard pretty good things about molasses, so I might give it a try too :)!

Spring

That sounds too good.... now I guess I can find it with the brown sugar?? And maybe put about 2 tblspns in my conditioner?? Where and how do you mix yours. TIA:)

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I think I found it near the honey or sugar cane. I mixed it in with Nexxus Humectress this time, but the first batch I mixed for my daughter I used Lustrasilk Shea Butter and she had the same moisture and shiny results I poured a lot of.molasses in atleast 1/4 a cup.
That sounds too good.... now I guess I can find it with the brown sugar?? And maybe put about 2 tblspns in my conditioner?? Where and how do you mix yours. TIA:)

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Yeah, I like to just drop by to wade in the long-haired diva vibes. ***rolling around, hoping to get covered in 'em***

BostonMaria, your update pics are FABULOUS!!!