Hip–Tailbone Length (HL–TBL) 2014 Challenge!

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Last night I prepooed with Evoo and baggied. I find that baggying with oil is better than doing it with conditioner. Then I will shampoo and try out my new Hairveda goodies.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4

bebezazueta

Ok y'all gonna persuade me to get back on the prepoo wagon. I stopped cause I hate having oils drip down my neck even with a shower cap on. Maybe I'm putting too much on?

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
Ok y'all gonna persuade me to get back on the prepoo wagon. I stopped cause I hate having oils drip down my neck even with a shower cap on. Maybe I'm putting too much on?

Yes, you maybe putting on too much oil. You need an amount generous enough to coat the hair stands but not to drench them. That's enough to detangle the hair on wash day and not need to use a comb at all I find.

ckisland

I used to have oil dripping down my neck, on my pillow, everywhere, and then I realized I was using way too much oil :lol:. Now when I pre-poo, I use enough coconut oil to basically seal all of my hair and then I put my shower cap and knit cap on.
Now when it comes to using molasses, it's crazy how it wants to drip on everything! :perplexed

Aireen

Thanks to prepooing and Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment, my hair's moisture balance is coming back. Next wash will be on Thursday or Friday, I'm sure by then or the following wash my hair will be back to being balanced. :drunk: I was against the SE Megasilk before but now I love it.

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Wore my hair in a braid out all weekend. Time to pre-poo tonight, then wash and DC my hair in the morning. It's been raining all weekend so I'm feeling a little grimey.

I got a lot of compliments, tho, and really njoy'd wearing my hair out. But, it's time to put it away now. I gots goals ta meet. :spinning:

cherishlove

Ordering my half wig so I can put my hair up for 2 weeks. If I like it enough I may get 2 :). I liove hiding my hair so that I can be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:

Aireen

Getting no breakage when I comb my hair, it feels very well balanced. Although that initial dryness scared me, I'm satisfied that I used ApHogee. I guess for next time, I can prepoo before I apply the Two-Step.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Missed my wash and DC yesterday. During under the steamer now, dc'g. Hubby's out of town for a few days. Maybe i can get something done around here now. Lol

bebezazueta

This will be the shortest stretch since my hair journey began 3 years ago. Relaxing a few days shy of 8 weeks on Friday. New growth is mega thick. Hoping to be almost WL. Aiming for WL by July & HL by December this year. Then I'm cutting 3 inches back to WL.

Aireen

I did another rough length check to see how much hair I need to grow to get to my final goal.

12/12/12: 12 inches from HL
08/05/13: 10 inches from HL

Looks like I'm growing the average lol. :yawn:

Mz.MoMo5235

Just popped in to barrow some hair.fairy dust and say I'm coming for y'all lol

I miss w'hip length. That was my fav length. That and the spot between bsl and wl

Gimme another year or two though :)

good luck y'all

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

bebezazueta

Just popped in to barrow some hair.fairy dust and say I'm coming for y'all lol

I miss w'hip length. That was my fav length. That and the spot between bsl and wl

Gimme another year or two though :)

good luck y'all

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

Hey lady!

Thanks for stopping by! Now we expect you to stop by all the time or better yet join us!

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Currently air drying and its a wonderful feeling to feel AIRDRIED hair graze my waist. Amazing how far a lil patience will take you. When I get my relaxer I wont know how to act. Lol

Aireen

UPDATE: Current pic of my tresses! :grin: I'm really loving my hair, it's actually fun taking care of it and not tedious. That's what I love about this journey, my hair doesn't ask for much and obeys. :whip: I should be MBL by summertime and WL when winter returns. :love3:

EDIT: Please don't stone me for wearing a dark shirt. :lol: This is probably my first offense and I didn't want to forget to take these pictures while I had a good opportunity LOL! :lachen:

Attachments

• image-1242227147.jpg
    image-1242227147.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Aireen

Okay ladies, I was wondering if any of you have learned anything about your hair recently that you can share?

LESSON 1: I've kind of recently discovered that my hair behaves so much better when it's clean and free of so much sebum to cause clumping on the strands. I guess I finally get why other races wash their straight hair so often, the oil is kind of gross and interferes with the movement/flow and look of the hair. It kind of just clicked today like a lightbulb DUUHHH moment. :lol: All this time I was thinking the oil was great because it does lubricate my strands. Although, I'd rather have it clean and being easier to manage than oily, difficult, stiffer, and slightly sticky.

LESSON 2: I realized my seborrheic dermatitis was a PROBLEM TO STOP IGNORING. :lol: Burning during relaxers aggravated it way more than necessary. So I really made an attempt to use a shampoo with zinc pyrithone in it to combat the issue and it worked! No real burns during the relaxer process and my hair only has regular dandruff that occurs when hair needs to be washed and is overly oily. I'm very happy I finally tackled this. NTS: KEEP ZP SOMEWHERE IN YOUR ROUTINE, maybe next wash I'll revisit my ZP shampoo. (Probably said this earlier in the thread somewhere but I just needed to say it again because I'm so shocked that I finally resolved this again.)

Last edited:

bebezazueta

UPDATE: Current pic of my tresses! :grin: I'm really loving my hair, it's actually fun taking care of it and not tedious. That's what I love about this journey, my hair doesn't ask for much and obeys. :whip: I should be MBL by summertime and WL when winter returns. :love3:

Those ends are so thick. You hair is beautiful lady! Thanks for the update.

bebezazueta

I've learned that air drying, moisturizing & a few flexirods give me the best roller set with the least amount of breakage. I can get curly hair, body waves, braid n curl, spirals all with my flexi rods on damp or air dried moisturized hair. Oh and I finger comb more now. I also flat twist my edges instead of brushing them into submission deep into a stretch.

My hair loves to grow in a v shape even after I've blunt cut it several times. So I'm dusting & waiting until I reach HL to blunt cut this time & maintain there.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I've learned that my nape will tangle no matter how long I PS. Lol I have low tolerance for the tangles back there so I keep a pair of scissors on me @ all times. :-/ Thank goodness my length doesn't come from my nape or my retention would suck.

bebezazueta

I've learned that air drying, moisturizing & a few flexirods give me the best roller set with the least amount of breakage. I can get curly hair, body waves, braid n curl, spirals all with my flexi rods on damp or air dried moisturized hair. Oh and I finger comb more now. I also flat twist my edges instead of brushing them into submission deep into a stretch.

My hair loves to grow in a v shape even after I've blunt cut it several times. So I'm dusting & waiting until I reach HL to blunt cut this time & maintain there.

I lied :look: I trimmed an inch and a half on today. I'm an inch past BSL now & 6 -7 inches from HL. I'll be doing another trim of about 2 inches in December. So that would put me at a full blunt MBL to end the year off with. HAPPY! I'll be back with a pic.

ETA: pic

Attachments

• image-2817375284.jpg
    image-2817375284.jpg
    422.2 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

melahnee

I lied :look: I trimmed an inch and a half on today. I'm an inch past BSL now & 6 -7 inches from HL. I'll be doing another trim of about 2 inches in December. So that would put me at a full blunt MBL to end the year off with. HAPPY! I'll be back with a pic.

ETA: pic

wow, it looks way longer than your siggy.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
@ Aireen

Details:

- Current length + hair type

Full MBL, natural 4b

- Regimen

Wash, condition and deep treat every two weeks; then lightly blow out hair on the cool setting, seal with an oil, and bun.

- Exact goal length

Full hip length- that will hopefully bring me to midback length in a stretched (lightly blown out) style

- Goal date

December 2014 equals plenty of time

- Plans

I will be DC'ing every 1-2 weeks paying special attention to my moisture protein balance and to sealing my ends.

- Maintenance once goal is achieved

I will be trimming my hair more in order to thicken my ends. In general I will wear my hair out a bit more (in a stretched braid out or flat twist out :grin:). I will be taking it a bit easier. After all in my experience with my hair, it is far easier to maintain length than to retain additional length.

Last edited:

cherishlove

HELP!!! I went to get my hair done. The blow dryer was very hot and my scalp is tender to the touch right now. It hurts really bad. What should I do? Got it done yesterday.

bebezazueta

HELP!!! I went to get my hair done. The blow dryer was very hot and my scalp is tender to the touch right now. It hurts really bad. What should I do? Got it done yesterday.

Oops so sorry lady! I never experienced this but maybe some aloe Vera gel on your scalp may soothe it?