Hip–Tailbone Length (HL–TBL) 2014 Challenge!

Aireen

My hair responded well to this deep conditioning session! :grin: Coconut oil to seal my DC is doing for me way more than any product can before styling. Definitely need to do this more often.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
So I did the braidout today w/ the s-curl I applied 2 nights ago. Its nice, soft & fluffy. But my hair swallowed all the s-curl because I can tell by the end of the day that I'm going to have to reapply. It could be that porosity thing I keep hearing about. Not sure.

Nyah22

So I did the braidout today w/ the s-curl I applied 2 nights ago. Its nice, soft & fluffy. But my hair swallowed all the s-curl because I can tell by the end of the day that I'm going to have to reapply. It could be that porosity thing I keep hearing about. Not sure.

I do twist outs and braid outs all the time and I just found the perfect product to help my curls stay soft and moist. It's called curl defining pudding from jmoniquesnatural. This stuff is amazing I swear.... I can run my fingers through my curls and they stay fluffy and nice with little to no frizz. I'm so in love with this stuff

Nyah22

Nyah22

Oh yea? Are you a natural? I'm wondering how that product would react in relaxed hair though.

I have relaxed hair, only 6wks since my last relaxer. I'm going natural now but my hair is still basically relaxed at the moment. The pudding is just for great braid/twist out no matter what texture hair u have. Very light weight and give my curls that extra sheen and moisture I've missing.

mamalicious

- Current length + hair type
BSL/MBL, relaxed/texlaxed (Pic in signature)

- Regimen
Pre-poo,wash, tea rinse, light protein, DC, leave-in, air dry, moisturize, seal
Co-wash once a week

- Exact goal length
hip-tailbone length:yep:

- Goal date
December 31st, 2014

- Plans to get to HL
Protective styling, growth aide, hair will be my hobby

- Maintenance once goal is achieved
protective styling, trim, moisturize and seal

Last edited:

pre_medicalrulz

I have relaxed hair, only 6wks since my last relaxer. I'm going natural now but my hair is still basically relaxed at the moment. The pudding is just for great braid/twist out no matter what texture hair u have. Very light weight and give my curls that extra sheen and moisture I've missing.

I'm going to try it tonight because my curls dropped like crazy today from using s-curl alone. I'm looking like Mufasa w/ this Florida weather today. smh

AlliCat

I started taking biotin again. In the past it really helped with thickness and growth. It's just a matter of my being consistent.

bebezazueta

I'm going to try it tonight because my curls dropped like crazy today from using s-curl alone. I'm looking like Mufasa w/ this Florida weather today. smh

LOL! Sorry for laughing but yes ma'am that glycerin is the culprit in Scurl. I use it for buns, ponytails & braids. I use Elasta QP mango & olive oil butter for braid outs & twist outs. I use ORS olive oil moisturizer for roller sets and that bouncy swing. I still get a little frizz but not too much. Can't really totally fight the humidity. I just embrace it somewhat.

pre_medicalrulz

LOL! Sorry for laughing but yes ma'am that glycerin is the culprit in Scurl. I use it for buns, ponytails & braids. I use Elasta QP mango & olive oil butter for braid outs & twist outs. I use ORS olive oil moisturizer for roller sets and that bouncy swing. I still get a little frizz but not too much. Can't really totally fight the humidity. I just embrace it somewhat.

Lololoo ahhh I see!
Its funny because my staple for braidouts is QP Elasta but I have to M&S w/ it everyday cause my hair drinks it up. I was hoping the s-curl would prevent that plus hold my curls but uhm yea. LOL When I used to do rollersets my go-to was ORS as well. OooOoo we're product sisters!!! ;)

bebezazueta

Lololoo ahhh I see!
Its funny because my staple for braidouts is QP Elasta but I have to M&S w/ it everyday cause my hair drinks it up. I was hoping the s-curl would prevent that plus hold my curls but uhm yea. LOL When I used to do rollersets my go-to was ORS as well. OooOoo we're product sisters!!! ;)

Yes! Now if only we can be hair sisters and I can have your length! Happy happy joy joy!

LaVgirl

Aireen I'd love to join, please, if it's not too late!

Current length and hair type:
W/hip length, maybe an inch above my hipbone. Type 4a Natural

Regimen:
Wash/condition every week. Moisturize, protective style. Water rinses or spritzes and re-moisturizing as needed during the week.

Exact goal length:
Definitely TBL and from there, I'll decide if I want to go for Classic.

Goal date: (giving myself plenty of time!)
HL by Dec 2013
TBL by Dec 2014

Plans to get there:
I'll continue with my current regimen (if you can call it that) which has gotten me thus far. Also, I want to get box braids for the summer and I'm thinking about trying NJoy's growth oil mix. Drink more water and start taking vitamins. :look:

Plans once my goals are achieved:
I'm pretty boring with my hair now but once I'm there, I plan on wearing it out a lot more. Experiment with new styles. Maybe straighten it more than 1-2x a year.

This is my last length check pic from January.

Attachments

• 320995_364326426997010_569535900_n.jpg
    320995_364326426997010_569535900_n.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 106

Aireen

@LaVgirl, that hair... I don't even have to click the thumbnail! Gorgeousssss! :grin: Adding you to the challenge list now! Welcome!

Aireen

Okay added a bunch of people to the list that I seemed to have missed. If I extend this challenge to 2015-2016, I'm definitely going to have people just mention instead of thank me to join.

Nyah22

Lol Mufasa. It should help since I live in the tropics so it's hot all year round and there's constant humidity. Living in this climate its hard finding products that works well with curls. Fighting frizz is an everyday battle which is why I'm so excited about these products.

bebezazueta

Okay added a bunch of people to the list that I seemed to have missed. If I extend this challenge to 2015-2016, I'm definitely going to have people just mention instead of thank me to join.

Yay! Extend it please! I LOVE it here! I see No problem in mentioning you instead of thanking the post. Good idea.

Shadiyah

me getting 1 inch in 2 months is a big deal for me. my growth had slowed down so much, so I can not wait until the end of the yr.

Aireen

Yay! Extend it please! I LOVE it here! I see No problem in mentioning you instead of thanking the post. Good idea.
I'll probably make a new thread when the time comes, we'll see. I love it here too! Glad I started this challenge and it's successful.

Angel of the North

Aireen I'm liking the sound of that, it gives my shortest layers enough time to catch up with longer ones, I am envisaging every strand of my hair @ TBL :grin:

In other news: I am feeling really good about my hair right now :yep:. I have been taking Priteva for the last 3 weeks and I am starting to notice some changes for the better, with no adverse effects I am definitely losing a significantly less amount of hair on wash days, which should be great for retention and I'm also looking to see some good results with my hair and skin too. I am definitely going to order some more, this is looking like a keeper.

I mentioned some time ago that I wanted to simplify my regi and I think I have managed to do that somewhat but I'm still working on it. I am using LCOB method for moisturising my hair and it is really working for me, my hair is moisturised for days and my ends are still relatively blunt (trimmed on 12th March and used splitender on 7th may).

The weather has improved in UK so I want to start co-washing 3 x per week, I plan on doing this until autumn when the weather gets cold, I feel that this will help with moisture, keeping the NG tame and could help with growth. Tomorrow is washday and I intend to implement my co-wash regi from then, I'm looking at:

Sunday = Main washday/DC/treatments
Tuesday = Co-wash
Thursday = Co-wash and air dry in a single braid
Fri/Sat = braid out of some sort (pony-tail/bun/up-do)

I'm hoping to hit BSL by the beginning of August.

jesusislove1526

It has been a long, long time since I posted here, but I celebrated my second curliversary 2 weeks ago, so I will post some length check pictures of my hair since I blew it out. I still have a long way to go, but I do see progress, so that's what counts.

Attachments

• 5-22-13--2nd Curliversary Length Check (1).JPG
    5-22-13--2nd Curliversary Length Check (1).JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 5-22-13--2nd Curliversary Length Check (2).JPG
    5-22-13--2nd Curliversary Length Check (2).JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 5-22-13--2nd Curliversary Length Check (11).JPG
    5-22-13--2nd Curliversary Length Check (11).JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 5-22-13--2nd Curliversary Length Check (12).JPG
    5-22-13--2nd Curliversary Length Check (12).JPG
    190.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 5-22-13--2nd Curlyversary Blowout (8).JPG
    5-22-13--2nd Curlyversary Blowout (8).JPG
    202 KB · Views: 36

pre_medicalrulz

Gonna bun it all week. At least gonna try. Bunning can be tricky. Sometimes beneficial & sometimes can be a major setback. Yikes.

bebezazueta

Gonna bun it all week. At least gonna try. Bunning can be tricky. Sometimes beneficial & sometimes can be a major setback. Yikes.

Me too! My crown braid trial was a fail. So I'm Bunning until I get tired of it for now. Oh I been trying to find my first ever wig but I don't know. I think I'll just bite the bullet and get one. I want to try the deep moisture method.

pre_medicalrulz

Shoot! I had more breakage this morning trying to put my hair in a bun more than I ever had w/ any other style. :( This bun is staying in for the rest of the week cause its too much trouble to redo it every morning.

pre_medicalrulz

I'll probably make a new thread when the time comes, we'll see. I love it here too! Glad I started this challenge and it's successful.

Yea lets wait this challenge out because after awhile people (me) tend to stray from challenges that seem to have no end. LOL

Aireen

Yea lets wait this challenge out because after awhile people (me) tend to stray from challenges that seem to have no end. LOL
Yeah, same. Alright so for the end of 2014 if I don't make it to HL -- please Lord, let me make it :pray: -- I'll create a new thread for up until 2016. :spinning: