Hip–Tailbone Length (HL–TBL) 2015-2016 Challenge!

Aireen

Got the rest of my vitamins today! :grin: I don't have every single supplement I wanted but I'm satisfied for now with the most important ones at least. I'm especially excited for this one that I picked up on iHerb. You're supposed to take 2 capsules 2x/day but I'm just taking 1 with all the other stuff I have already. :look:

Attachments

• image-623525524.jpg
    image-623525524.jpg
    453.4 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Got the rest of my vitamins today! :grin: I don't have every single supplement I wanted but I'm satisfied for now with the most important ones at least. I'm especially excited for this one that I picked up on iHerb. You're supposed to take 2 capsules 2x/day but I'm just taking 1 with all the other stuff I have already. :look:

What all are you taking? I've been thinking about adding some form of collagen, chlorella, spirulina and silica. In already taking manetabolism.

Aireen

What all are you taking? I've been thinking about adding some form of collagen, chlorella, spirulina and silica. In already taking manetabolism.
With a meal:

- 1 multi
- 1 biotin 5000 mcg
- 1 msm 1500 mg
- 1 borage oil 1000 mg

Without 1 meal:

- 1 collagen pill
- 1 keratin pill
- 1 cysteine pill

^ I alternate between the keratin and cysteine pill. I probably won't repurchase or suggest the borage oil, I've heard some iffy things about it. :look: I used to take spirulina too but I've read that chlorella is better for multiple reasons so do your research before deciding. Silica and collagen are really good to add for helping strong hair growth though.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
With a meal: - 1 multi - 1 biotin 5000 mcg - 1 msm 1500 mg - 1 borage oil 1000 mg Without 1 meal: - 1 collagen pill - 1 keratin pill - 1 cysteine pill ^ I alternate between the keratin and cysteine pill. I probably won't repurchase or suggest the borage oil, I've heard some iffy things about it. :look: I used to take spirulina too but I've read that chlorella is better for multiple reasons so do your research before deciding. Silica and collagen are really good to add for helping strong hair growth though.

Thanks. I did some research on spirulina and chlorella and read that they work better together. So I'm going to try them together. Looking for a good powder version of both. I'm going to drink bamboo tea for silica. I can be taking 50-11 pills a day. :nono:

SmilingElephant

I think my hair that I cut off two months ago has grown back now. I cut like 1.5 inches off in November due to heat damage...it feels like that's grown back now.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
My hair in the front FINALLY falls below my boobs. Growing out layers is a pain. I will only get the hair framing my face layered going forward. Now lets hope that same hair reaches my belly button in the front by years end!

mayoo

@Aireen Please may I join!

• Current length: Grazing HL
• Regimen:
Co-wash every 2 weeks (Shampoo when needed)
Detangle with conditioner . Finger-combing only
Seal hair with leave-in and lots of shea butter on wash day and braid into 6-10 sections
Take down braids and wear in protective style 80% of the time
Re-braid each night adding leave-in (either with or without water) to last three inches of hair only

• Exact goal length: TBL
• Exact goal date: January 21st 2016
• Tools + plans to help reach final goal: Finger-combing only! Heavy sealing every wash-day with sea butter
• Maintenance + plans once goal is achieved: Keep growing until braid-outs reach TBL!

Starting pics:

Attachments

• DSC_0169.jpg
    DSC_0169.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 163
  • DSC_0170.jpg
    DSC_0170.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 158
  • DSC_0153.jpg
    DSC_0153.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

mayoo

For those of u who are HL+... how does it feel? My hair has never been that long! If I hadn't big chopped it would be lol

SmilingElephant I don't know if I count since I'm only grazing but.....:look:

I have some SERIOUS hairexia so it feels like any other length to me personally. I can't wait to get to TBL; maybe then I'll feel like my hair is long :lick: However, when I go out with my hair in a big braid-out like my profile pic I get a lot of stares and people coming up to me to ask about my hair so I guess that feels nice :blush: I know how you feel though! If I hadn't been so scissor-happy over the last few years my hair would have been 30 inches by now :nono:

mayoo

@bebezazueta Thank-you for welcoming me! :grin:
You'll probably see a lot of pics of my hair in this thread. I love taking pics! It's the only way I can really see progress. I hope we all post lots so that we can all inspire each other :grin::lick:

Beachy

This is what happens when you have an extra day off from work a new Pibbs dryer from Xmas, and Curlformers you ordered on Black Friday 2013 and never used.

I used my leave-in and Nubian Heritage heat protectant keratin mousse. I had no intentions in actually wearing this as a style just wanted to see how it would turn out.... and I was pleasantly surprised!! (now if I had somewhere to go this would have been a HAM). Unfortunately this style never saw the light of day. I cowashed again and was back in my trusty old bun by Tuesday for work.

Attachments

• image-2678715365.jpg
    image-2678715365.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 104
  • image-3338068202.jpg
    image-3338068202.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 105
  • image-1585101599.jpg
    image-1585101599.jpg
    412.6 KB · Views: 133
  • image-3987906557.jpg
    image-3987906557.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 119
  • image-424311717.jpg
    image-424311717.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 121
  • image-159014333.jpg
    image-159014333.jpg
    428.1 KB · Views: 121

bebezazueta

This is what happens when you have an extra day off from work a new Pibbs dryer from Xmas, and Curlformers you ordered on Black Friday 2013 and never used. I used my leave-in and Nubian Heritage heat protectant keratin mousse. I had no intentions in actually wearing this as a style just wanted to see how it would turn out.... and I was pleasantly surprised!! (now if I had somewhere to go this would have been a HAM). Unfortunately this style never saw the light of day. I cowashed again and was back in my trusty old bun by Tuesday for work.

NOOOOOOOO! It was so pretty! LOL!

Beachy

NOOOOOOOO! It was so pretty! LOL!

Thanks!!! Let's hope it turns out this well when I actually want to wear it for a few days. I think I am going to keep an eye on the Setting thread so I can see what products the lady's are using.

Aireen

Definitely need to use some type of protein on my hair and use my steamer. Ugh... I just haven't figured out the appropriate time to do it. Tried Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner and ugh... my hair was INSTANTLY soft and easier than usual to detangle. I hope this lasts because I'll rave about something working so well then after a while it just stops having the same effect as it did in the beginning and I have to move on. OH, and, my hair is finally feeling kind of long, it keeps getting caught on things lol.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Definitely need to use some type of protein on my hair and use my steamer. Ugh... I just haven't figured out the appropriate time to do it. Tried Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner and ugh... my hair was INSTANTLY soft and easier than usual to detangle. I hope this lasts because I'll rave about something working so well then after a while it just stops having the same effect as it did in the beginning and I have to move on. OH, and, my hair is finally feeling kind of long, it keeps getting caught on things lol.

I love Garnier. Try the sleek and shine leave in that comes in the chubby little bottle. AMAZING!!!!

davisbr88

Aireen:
I want to join!

Current length: MBL
Regimen: I'm doing wash-n-gos for at least the rest of the year (prepoo with argan oil - wash/cowash - condition - gel). Right now I am redoing my WNGs every couple of days.
Exact goal length: TBL
Exact goal date: December 31, 2016
Tools + plans to help reach final goal: Lots and lots of moisture and no major cuts (4+ inches)!
Maintenance + plans once goal is achieved: Not sure yet.

Here's my starting pic taken on December 31, 2014, and I have since trimmed to get rid of that long section (the belt is at WL):

Duchess007

Did a modified MHM regi overnight and sealed over leave-in with my ceramide oil mix. Will seal again with Lusti Organics Indian Hemp. I'm liking MHM so far. Balancing that with henna seems to really be helping with the dreaded SSK's.

Last edited:

Duchess007

Duchess007: What is MHM? I've been seeing that everywhere since I rejoined!

It's the Maximum Hydration Method. (Here's a thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=744625)

Basically it's a modifiable 5-step regimen to introduce moisture into your hair over time until fully saturated. When your hair is fully saturated with moisture (i.e. at "max hydration") you should see a slew of benefits like root-to-tip curl definition and ease of detangling. If you research it, you'll probably see a lot of 4C low-porosity naturals, but I'm 3c/4a high-porosity and have been getting great results. I've committed to 6 months before I say it doesn't work and quit. :lol: Not sure if there is any benefit to relaxed or naturally straight hair.

davisbr88

Duchess007: Interesting! I am 3c/4a and used to be high porosity, but it recently changed pretty radically to either low or normal porosity (I have no idea why!) though the very tips of my hair are still high.
What are the benefits you've been getting? I am wearing WNGs for the rest of the year, so I am looking for tips!
Off to stalk your pics (if you have some :yep:)!

Duchess007

Duchess007: Interesting! I am 3c/4a and used to be high porosity, but it recently changed pretty radically to either low or normal porosity (I have no idea why!) though the very tips of my hair are still high.
What are the benefits you've been getting? I am wearing WNGs for the rest of the year, so I am looking for tips!
Off to stalk your pics (if you have some :yep:)!

I have a bunch of photo albums and I post pics pretty regularly in the MHM thread, so stalk away! :grin:

I am normal now as well, but I feel that if I stop doing henna treatments, my hair will fall back into the HiPo bucket. :-/

MHM has pretty much done away with single strand knots, which I've been struggling with forEVER! I've only been doing the method since the beginning of the year, so I'm hopeful that I'll see more improvements to my hair over time.

davisbr88

Duchess007: Your hair is sooooo pretty! And your homemade products look yummy :lick:
I don't think I am ready to take on MHM yet. It looks so time-consuming! Maybe once I graduate and don't have so much homework.
I will be following your progress, though :grin: