How often do you moisturize your head/scalp?

How often do you moisturize your hair/scalp?

• Daily

Votes: 98 56.0%
  • A few times a week

Votes: 52 29.7%
  • Whenever I remember

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • Once in a while (say after a special hair treatment)

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Never!

Votes: 12 6.9%

• Total voters

The Girl

yeah I am a daily moisturizer. Might be overkill but hey better safe than sorry. Especially, if its looking bad to me

mscocoface

Spritz, oils, baggy method, cowash, deep conditioning. Something goes in my hair and on my scalp every day.

Mainly a homemade spritz that I made I use the most.

It has:
alove vera gel
alove vera juice
curl activator
conditioner
amla oil
peppermint oil
jajoba oil
detangler liquid or distilled water or rose water

Those are the main ingredients I use. Place this in an 6 oz spray bottle and use this every morning.

CurleeDST

Can someone explain how OIL moisturizes the hair? I don't believe it does. Water moisturizes or products with high water content. Please explain.

brickhouse

CurleeDST said:
Can someone explain how OIL moisturizes the hair? I don't believe it does. Water moisturizes or products with high water content. Please explain.

Oils doesn't moisturize the hair but it does seals in moisture.

Str8~Curly

I am natural and have to use tons of moisturizer, usually twice daily. Right now I’m using B&B Oil Moisturizer and Profective Megagrowth Lotion.

Divine Inspiration

shunta said:
I definitely dont moisturize everyday, either. I just dont see a need to, especially if you're using a good deep conditioner and a leave-in. I dunno, thats just my opinion:)

ITA. I moisturize 2-3x/week and sometimes less than that. I agree w/ HoneyDew re: airdrying because my hair holds moisture really well when I airdry and doesn't really NEED moisture although I made add it for good measure.

psalfer

I moisturize as needed with MTG which works out to about twice per week. Before using MTG, I used to have to use oil sheen everyday. My scalp would drink it up like KoolAid. I could use it in the morning, but by the next day my scalp would be so dry. And I couldn't use anything heavier than oil sheen, because then I would get the big dandruff flakes; too little oil and I would get the fine, snowflake dandruff.

FebeeSigns

In the winter I moisturize daily. I go to college in in the mountains of cobleskill and it is extremely cold. So yeah I do end up having a lot of build up. Thus, I clarify once a week on my wash day.

ScorpioBeauty09

Between 1-2 times a day depending how it feels. But I take special care of my ends and try to remember to seal too. I don't oil my scalp like I used to, only if I feel it's really dry which doesn't happen as much now that I've started moisturizing daily.

sunnieb

Twice daily focusing on my edges, newgrowth, and ends. I lightly moisturize the body of my hair every few days so it doesn't get too weighed down.

Missjae09

I have a mixture of castor, emu, rosemary, and peppermint oil along with some aloe that I have in an applicator bottle and I tend to squeeze some drops on my scalp when I remember.. I'm trying to do it regularly. I haven't noticed build up on my scalp.

Jenko

I rarely oil my scalp but I have to moisturize my hair everyday since my hair is like a sponge.

butterfly_wings

Coconut oil does, very well infact as does Olive oil, all other oils act as a sealant. :yep:

I moisturise with Aussie mircle mist daily and castor oil on my edges

Last edited:

fivetimestwo

I moisturize daily (occasionally I'll skip a day) because I'm transitioning and I have to stay on top of those relaxed ends to prevent breakage. I very rarely put anything on my scalp since I don't have any dry scalp issues (even before hair boards I would never "grease" my scalp-just never saw the point). I figure that whatever I put on my hair will get on my scalp a little anyway.

BlkOnyx488

I whole head baggie every night
I use a mix of Olive Oil, Sweet Almond oil, peppermint oil, coconut oil and water
I try to make it a spray but it's really this. I have my hair in cornrows so I don't have to worry about it being moist in the morning
I whole hed baggie then I tie a scarf over the bag. I just use shopping bags, because the shower caps leave an indention on my forehead