How will you Reward Yourself when you reach your Hair Goals??

Will you Reward yourself?

• Yes! Of Course!!! Especially after all of my hard work!

Votes: 71 71.7%
  • No! I may have worked hard on my hair, but it aint that deep!

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Not sure! Maybe after reading some replies, I may get inspired to do so.

Votes: 26 26.3%

• Total voters

healthyhairin07

I don't know. The last time I had my hair straightened and it was shoulder length, I felt like a diva, so when I get it straightened and it's BSL, I will not know what to do. I's definitely wear my hair down more often. I'd get it straightened once every 2 months rather than three times a year.

lildhe

My friend and I were talking about this today. I think that I will straighten my hair and swing it from side to side. there will be jealous girls in my town !!!!!!

mscocoface

I really have no clue what I am going to do. I have two or three family reunions next year in June and July and the last time I was at one I had to take my half piece off because folks wanted to see my hair! :perplexed

They are going to be :eek: this time at the next reunion. It is always so hot wherever we have our reunions I may start with stretched hair but I am sure it won't stay that way.:ohwell:

Maybe I will just wear it in two big ole pig tails and down during the Saturday night dinner.

Who knows! Not sure what I am going to do when I reach BSL which should be very very very soon! ;)

tnorenberg

Well, on my littlte goals (SL, APL, BSL) I'll probably just buy a nice hair accessory, but for my final goal (WL) I'll have us take a nice family pic showing me & my daughters' long hair.

i'm just gonna wear my hair down more often...

oooh, one of my dreams has been to wear two long pokahontas braids. i think they'll look the best when my hair is waistlength. that'll be in forever cuz my only grows 1/4th of an inch a month :mad:

HollyGolightly1982

I'm crossing my fingers that I reach my goal by September 7th (my wedding day). If I do I am going to rock a lovely half up half down do.

Isis

awesomely_nappy said:
Do you even plan on doing so? How will you celebrate or reward yourself for all of your hard work when you reach APL, BSL, WL or any other length goal that you set for your hair?

Thx!!

Great thread! :up:

I reached my hair goals quite a while ago, which was always for healthy, thick hair (it was see-through and very much heat-damaged) at any length. Length is a plus for me and I haven't ever had a specific length goal. I strongly believe in celebrating and rewarding myself for all of my accomplishments in life and I've been doing so all along. ;)

One way I do this is by giving my hair only the best hair products that work for my hair. :yep: The best may or may not mean expensive--it depends on the quality of the product and what my hair likes, rather than how much it costs. :)

RZILYNT

This may sound rather strange, but I will reward myself with a nice hair cut! I will keep the length, but I need some style and a shape to my hair. More so in the front. So I am on the hunt for a new do by December. I will wear my hair down more often during the week to enjoy the hard work of protective styling. I so can't wait. "I will be that girl" :lol:

RZ~

Country gal

I will have my hair professionally straighten, will take a really nice picture. I want some nice shots for my website. My goal this year is to be APL. It is almost there. What's after APL? I would flip out if I was Bra Strap.

MissFallon

I generally just go to the salon for a blowout to reward myself. I also tend to go to the bss to get random products I don't need but want when I reacha goal since I don't go to the bss ever anymore (recovering pj)

Energist

I've never thought of this, but I guess schedule a sexy budoir portrait session for my husband with sexy long curled hair, like the Victoria's Secret models do ;)

bLackButtaFly

camellia said:
Thank you! That was from our little trip to Greenfield Village last weekend. :)

Off topic:I love Greefield Village! So many good childhood memories there!

Had to get that out. Now my response I didn't tink about it. I guess I've never been good with rewarding myself. I alwys think of a really good one and then forget. Maybe if it's really grown I'll wear it out for my family reunion in November, but I don't like to pressure my hair to grow, so we'll see where it is at that point. Maybe I'll buy a nice scarf...
Well after the HIde you hair till July I'm taking it out on the 4th and letting everyone else relish in it's beauty:lol::lol::look: j/k! Maybe color??:look:

Ennyaa

Wow... great thread. Well, my first real goal is BSL which will be a pretty big journey for me because I'm kinda tall. Maybe I'll make it by December this year.

But, when I get there I intend to blow out my fro as HUGE as I can get it. Then put on a cute little dress and heels, and go out to the nicest bar I can find. I'll sit at the bar and order drinks while all the folks stare at my hair in amazement! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then I'll go home, braid that mess up before it gets out of control and put on my satin scarf while watching TIVO and eating popcorn with my dog.

Yep I may actually do this a few times. lol

hottopic

I vote not sure.. But I change my mind. I would do alot of wash and go styles with my thick 4a/b hair. Since it is mostly texlax it would look great. I want to show those white girls that black + blacker can equal long hair. NOT WEAVE. HA.:D

SouthernTease

My first goal is APL
WHEN I reach it...
I want to get a Dominican Blowout!!!
... then Dye it Black (HENNA) !!!
Wear it down for a whole month
and then work on my next goal
which is BSL.
I really don't know how fast
my hair grows... I've never
been so conscious of it
until I joined LHCF
but I hope I'm at least full APL
by October... maybe I'll
be BSL... I dunno...
I use MTG & WGO...
so we Shall see.

wheezy807

KiniKakes said:
Hmmm, i dunno, maybe a nice, professional photo shoot with my blunt WL hair swangin' and blowin' and thangs!!!! :)

Also, im def. gonna try to wear my hair out more often..... as is, i wear it out Friday and Saturday. I may incorporate one weekday as well. Anything more than that would be too much for me.

I like this idea. When i reach my waistlength goal, i'm gonna take me a picture!

meaganita

Hmmm...Maybe I'll get a really cute T-Shirt made that says,"Go Ahead, Weave Check Me!!!":lachen:

Seriously though, I'd like to reward myself by having my body tight too.;) Then I'll treat myself to a really nice vacation where I get to walk along the beach in a really skimpy bikini, with my hair blowing in the breeze...:yep:

I'll have 10 year high school reunioin coming up by then too...Where I'll be the #1 STUNNA...wha-what wha-what whaaaaaatttt!!!:lachen:

AwesomelyNappy

meaganita said:
Hmmm...Maybe I'll get a really cute T-Shirt made that says,"Go Ahead, Weave Check Me!!!":lachen:

Seriously though, I'd like to reward myself by having my body tight too.;) Then I'll treat myself to a really nice vacation where I get to walk along the beach in a really skimpy bikini, with my hair blowing in the breeze...:yep:

I'll have 10 year high school reunioin coming up by then too...Where I'll be the #1 STUNNA...wha-what wha-what whaaaaaatttt!!!:lachen:

OOOHHHHH!!! I would totally buy that shirt!!!! I can already see it! someone needs to get on it!!!

Naphy

When I'll reach my ULTIMATE goal (WL), I will reward myself by doing a professional photo shoot I think. I want to immortalize the fruit of all my efforts too. This is very important for me ^^

Nature'sWay

I am hoping for Armpit length by the time I graduate college in May 2008. That is not my ultimate goal but it is one goal on my way to the ultimate. I am going to celebrate it by wearing a cute rollerset in my gradation photo being sent with my invitations to my graduation. I will be so siked when that time rolls around.

Dee Raven

I definitely will be rewarding myself. For starters, I'd straighten it and get a nice trim. Then I would take photos. I've always wanted to take b&w nude photos, with all the important parts being of covered of course (ideally with my hair, I don't know if it will be thick enough but we'll see). And I'd probably go to Vegas for the weekend or something to show off. Oh vanity, vanity, vanity.:p

Maa Maa omo mti

show off the pics, and the real version by going out to different places and toss the hair. Definitely wear it out more. Lately all I've been doing is protective style buns. When people see me they will be amazed, and so will I, since I don't really know my length right now.

gymfreak336

When I reach bra-strap length, I am going to get a professional glossing treatment, blow it out, slap a bikini on my butt and head to MIAMI!!!!

Misseyl

I voted not sure because I never really thought about it. But now that I am, I guess everyday that it's healthy is a celebration because since I've started on my journey I've seen a lot of jacked up heads out there, so, if I were to compare my hair to theirs, then I'd be far ahead of most, so when/if I reach my goal of bra strap, healthy, long and even with hair popping out from almost all my follicles then I'll probably have a drink and eat what I want for a day and definitely take pictures from all angles..:)