Hsn Vitamin/supplement 2017 Challenge (january 1, 2017-december 31 2017)

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Beany
When I was taking it, I noticed firmer, smoother skin. Brighter & Clearer if that makes sense.

Loved it when I was taking it, but ran out and never repurchased. I think I took about 3 bottles. I was buying the Neo-Cell Brand.

At the time, I was also taking Collagen and felt I didn't need them both.

But I'd definitely reup on Hyaluronic Acid.

Last edited:

Beany

@Beany
When I was taking it, I noticed firmer, smoother skin. Brighter & Clearer if that makes sense.

Loved it when I was taking it, but ran out and never repurchased. I think I took about 3 bottles. I was buying the Neo-Cell Brand.

At the time, I was also taking Collagen and felt I didn't need them both.

But I'd definitely reup on Hylauronic Acid.

Thanks Ms. T! I think I'm gonna add this to my reggie soon.

ilong

God's Own
On repeat since last update.

HTN Hair Growth vitamins ✔️ (2 months)
Beautifully Bamboo tea ✔️ (1 year)
Bamboo organic supplement ✔️
Chlorella ✔️
Collagen ✔️ (2 months)
Maca root ✔️

+64 oz water daily ✔️
Protein/egg shake bid ✔️
Exercise 6 days a week ✔️

Lol @ bid...you must be a nurse/doctor!!! No one uses that unless you've had the great pleasure of cathterizing someone!!
While attending college, I was a pharmaceutical tech/ supervisor. I remember the D, BID, etc. shorthand <lol>. thank goodness I missed the catheterization experience.

ilong

God's Own
That sounds like a lot of chlorella...what brand are you using?

That's just under 2 grams. Recommended dosage for healthy living is 3-9 grams. If I've been off chlorella for 2-3 months, I start back with 3 gr. and work my way back up to 9. I do the same with Spirulina. ;)

This is an extremely well written, comprehensive article on chlorella. It captures and summarizes most of the information I've read about chlorella over the years.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack thread.

Last edited:

ilong

God's Own
Do you mean Source Naturals with the waves art on the label? the 4 tabs you're on is a good starting point. I'd add an extra tab at the beginning of the week until you get to 10 which will decrease the likelihood of heavy detox symptoms. You'd can still do the spiru alongside, also increasing incrementally until you hit the serving size. I've found you don't really get the full benefits for your body if you dont hit that serving size.
Yea lol it will take a while to go green. especially depending on your diet. Make sure you drink a full glass/bottle of water when you take it as it will wreak havoc on your gut if you don't. Ask me anytime about chlorella. Been taking it for years.
@JessieLeleB - Wenbev is right on about the Chlorella. There are several threads on Chlorella. Here is one of the more popular links.

ilong

God's Own
@Beany - which Great Lakes Gelatin do you take? Is it in red or green canister? I purchased some gelatin last year - but not really sure about taking it as it's a PROCESS to repair. I know Gelatin is excellent for your nails and hair, so I really have been thinking about adding it to my regimen. If I do I will reduce my chlorella intake, as it's high in protein also. Spirulina, although high in protein also, dosage won't change.

Beany

@Beany - which Great Lakes Gelatin do you take? Is it in red or green canister? I purchased some gelatin last year - but not really sure about taking it as it's a PROCESS to repair. I know Gelatin is excellent for your nails and hair, so I really have been thinking about adding it to my regimen. If I do I will reduce my chlorella intake, as it's high in protein also. Spirulina, although high in protein also, dosage won't change.

I started with the red, but I use the green one now because it's more convenient (green can be used with hot or cold liquids).

Wenbev

@Beany
Loved the results - but couldn't decide whether I needed both HA and Collagen?

And I was also using Collagen for joint support so I stuck with that. But I got nothing but love for HA.:2inlove:
I use HA in my facial products (big SK beauty fan) and the texture of my skin is smoother. I'd say take both. I've done some research and taking HA internally is good for the joints as well as adding moisture to the body. Collagen internally helps to minimize the aging experience by mending joints, helps with skin, hair, nails, teeth, and helps to heal or mitigate gut issues, and increases metabolism according to Dr. Axe and several other health "celebrities". I am cautious about buying the powdered collagen because I don't know the source of the product, how that animal was cared for during its life, and if it was exposed to pesticides, consumed GMO feed or given antibiotics or hormones. I'd quicker just get bones from the butcher at sprouts or whole paycheck and make broth.

@JessieLeleB - Wenbev is right on about the Chlorella. There are several threads on Chlorella. Here is one of the more popular links.
:bighug: hi @ilong we were the chlorella chicks :)

larry3344

continue to take my vitamins:

2 pills of Phytocap Energy
1- 1000 MG MSM
1- 5000 mcg Biotin

I took a green smoothie this morning:

Baby Spinach
ginger
Pineapple
Parsley
Apple
Celery
Cucumber (did not use it)

I though I would share. I want to also start drinking drinking warm water with lemon and honey throughout the day w/ occasionally some honey.

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
I didn't see this thread till yesterday! So....I am officially joining today, but I started Sunday. Actually I started in January back with my whole food supplement but now I am officially paying attention.:)

I was looking back at some photos and my hair/skin was so much better so I have been racking my brain trying to remember what I was doing.:eek: This is why journaling is so important.

Anyhoo,

As of Sunday: Source of Life Whole Food Liquid Supplement, Shen Min for Hair, Biotin 10,000mcg, vitamin D and zinc. Almost forgot to add Brewers Yeast, a tablespoon in oj twice a day with meals.

In the past I took Barleans 3.6.9 oil. Nasty and expensive!!!!$$$ BUT that is when I looked the best so...I better budget and down it with some organic oj.:alcoholic:

I also used to take Neocell but I wasn't sure it was making a difference. I think I will return to it and maybe gelatin and MSM. I used to do these as well but fell off.

Consistency is key so we will see!:D

I want a healthy body PLUS thick, smooth, shiny LONG hair and clear, smooth, glowing skin AND long eyelashes!:amen::kiss3:

Last edited:

ilong

God's Own
I didn't see this thread till yesterday! So....I am officially joining today, but I started Sunday. Actually I started in January back with my whole food supplement but now I am officially paying attention.:)

I was looking back at some photos and my hair/skin was so much better so I have been racking my brain trying to remember what I was doing.:eek: This is why journaling is so important.

Anyhoo,

As of Sunday: Source of Life Whole Food Liquid Supplement, Shen Min for Hair, Biotin 10,000mcg, vitamin D and zinc.

In the past I took Barleans 3.6.9 oil. Nasty and expensive!!!!$$$ BUT that is when I looked the best so...I better budget and down it with some organic oj.:alcoholic:

I also used to take Neocell but I wasn't sure it was making a difference. I think I will return to it and maybe gelatin and MSM. I used to do these as well but fell off.

Consistency is key so we will see!:D

I want a healthy body PLUS thick, smooth, shiny LONG hair and clear, smooth, glowing skin AND long eyelashes!:amen::kiss3:
@Reinventing21 - I'm falling back in line and marching to an ol' familiar tune also. :rocker:

• started taking my supplements again two weeks ago,
  • returned to RELIGIOUSLY oil pulling daily,
  • bathing with Kojic Acid soap,
  • Made a batch of Vitamin C serum this evening, to apply daily
  • Made a batch of Latic Acid /shea butter/oil blend
  • Will apply a peel (preferably) tonight or tomorrow, so peeling can be at worst over the weekend. I hope to get 6-8 peels in before weather gets really hot and sun starts blaring daily.
  • Applying Retin A daily
  • Emphasize daily moisturizing, conditioning, oil regimen

I have to incorporate MSM back in my regimen, but I don't want to put my body in shock by re-initializing all aspects simultaneously. MSM is the truth ... I just wished it tasted better.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@shortdub78
No, I was just asking questions. I am currently taking Phytophanere.

You take Phyto for 4 months and then off for 30 days. I was looking for something to "fill-in" during those 30 days. That's why I was asking.

This last 30 days I took Beautifully Bamboo. And I picked up a pack of Aphogee Vits for the next 30 days.

So, I was just looking for some others to implement during that time.