I relapsed...I mean relaxed (pics)

toyagurl

Hi. So I thought I would check in. I contemplated transitioning but after a discussion with my hubby decided that I should go ahead and do what makes me happy. I was 9 weeks post and self relaxed with Mizani Butter Blends Mild. It did not burn at all (and that says a lot because I burn easily) and finally my hair is not bone-straight and lifeless or matted to my head after a relaxer application. I thought that I would be chin length by now but sadly I am quite a ways away from that. Maybe by February...at least I hope. I am over short hair so I need to stop watching the pot. I am not good at self-photography and am not very photogenic (my sister seemed to get all of that skill try as I might I just look a mess) so here goes...

Sept. 20 Relaxer Pic

Nov. 18 Relaxer Pics

Esq.2B

Niiiice and shiny and healthy looking!

You have great progress too in just 9 weeks. I think you'll make chin length by February.

And just to give you a heads up, the last pic is a red X. Not sure if you knew that or not :lol:.

toyagurl

Niiiice and shiny and healthy looking!

You have great progress too in just 9 weeks. I think you'll make chin length by February.

And just to give you a heads up, the last pic is a red X. Not sure if you knew that or not :lol:.

Thanks and how do I fix that? The pictures show on my comp. :ohwell:

Esq.2B

Awwwwwe, that little baby is a cutie patootie. :grin:

Oh and what's your regimen/products? Your hair is really nice, a sista needs to know. :lachen:

MsBoinglicious

omg i don't even get along with lil people (aka babies) but that lil person you are holding is a cute pie. I would just feed her gummy bears, ice cream and cookies all day long! Don't babies eat that stuff *shrugs shoulders*

your hair is very cute! Love the swang you got going on!

Caychica

Your hair looks sooo sleek & shiny!
You make me want to relax my hair...

I'm going to look at natural hair pics now. lol

toyagurl

Awwwwwe, that little baby is a cutie patootie. :grin:

Oh and what's your regimen/products? Your hair is really nice, a sista needs to know. :lachen:

My regime
I use heat regularly :look:
I wash every 4 days
In my rotation right now is Aphogee Deep moisture shampoo and Conditioner (just ok)
I prepoo every two weeks. For about 3 hours but just recently bought a hooded dryer so only 1 hour when I use it. My prepoo concoction consists of the following:
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 tbsp of coconut oil
1 tbsp of honey
Nexxus Phyto Organics Babusu Mud conditioner (I will be using something else when I run out. Not sure what yet though)

I then spray my hair with Aphogee Green Tea Reconstructurizer and apply just a dab of Hana shine shield (like a pea sized amount)

I blowdry my hair on medium and flat iron with my Hana Elite but the pic in Sept. was with my Sedu.

I relax every 8 to 10 weeks. My hair does not like protein treatments (I used Joico kpak recently and had MAJOR breakage) so I don't really use much else.

Leesh

Your hair is extremely healthy, Wow! its like perfect, thats what I'm looking for "Extreme Health" It has a Gorgeous Shine, What did You use for the shine?

sqzbly1908

Girl that bob is the bidness.....Keep doing what you are doing and chin length will be an afterthought in a few months!!!