If it's already been posted forgive me: MIXED CHICKS is SUING Sally Beauty!!!

PrincessKia

This is why I need to come to the hari section more. If I had read this last year I would have stocked up. I went in today looking for my beloved leave-in and it was gone forever!

I looked and it can't be found on Amazon or Ebay.

Shell4624

^^^^ This was me yesterday and today!!

Went to 2 different Sally's looking for my beloved Mixed Silk Leave in (haven't found any leave ins with comparable slip) and it was no where to be found. What's funny is the store clerks acted *dumb*...like they had no idea what i was talking about. *Frustrated* And I too looked online and can't find it anywhere. My most recent purchase was within the last 90 days from Sally's.

Any suggestions on replacement comparable leave in's with ton's of slip?

Straighthoodtea

How is Sally Beauty Supply wrong? Generic brands of food, medicine, beauty products? Wal Mart has the knock-offs, Target, everybody has it. Mixed Chicks is eating up the loss of profit due to the ingenuity of "Black" women to find techniques, products and at-home mixtures that don't require budget busting, as well as the recession. Aveda, Mitchell, Joico, Wen, Moroccan Oil, Redken...true name brands of high quality...did any of them sue? Leave it to the shabby minority business of Mixed Chicks to do such. Oy vey.

Don't get me wrong, I've bought their product and I like it. In fact, I think it's a bit more moisturing than the Sally knock-off. However, I can add something to my knock-off to get more moisturization. Kanye shrug. Now, it occurs to me that they are probably angry that they used "Mixed" on the label. Sowwee! Maybe Mme. Laveau should be suing MC or something.
LOL sounds like you're mad your mixed silk is gone:lol:

krissyhair

I'm not convinced Mixed Chicks lost revenue from the sales of Mixed Silk. In order to maintain a trademark, companies have to actively guard it. They must feel that the "mixed" label is super important to their image and brand name.

Remember when Walgreens tried to sue Wegmans because the W on the logo was too similar? Didn't work out too well for Walgreens. But I'm happy for Mixed Chicks.

Last edited:

bydebra

I'm not convinced Mixed Chicks lost revenue from the sales of Mixed Silk. In order to maintain a trademark, companies have to actively guard it. They must feel that the "mixed" label is super important to their image and brand name.

Remember when Walgreens tried to sue Wegmans because the W on the logo was too similar? Didn't work out too well for Walgreens. But I'm happy for Mixed Chicks.

There's a lot more to it than that. It wasn't just the name. It was also the packaging and marketing. Mixed Chicks is actively guarding their trademark...that's why they sued :look:. If they let companies go about doing this for years, then sued, that would be evidence that they were not protecting their trademarks and the goodwill of the company. Instead, they stopped it dead in its tracks.

I'm glad the little guy won for once. I don't see how you're not convinced that they lost, or could have potentially lost revenue. People right here in this thread were saying that they would go for this generic brand instead of actual Mixed Chicks products.

krissyhair

There's a lot more to it than that. It wasn't just the name. It was also the packaging and marketing. Mixed Chicks is actively guarding their trademark...that's why they sued :look:. If they let companies go about doing this for years, then sued, that would be evidence that they were not protecting their trademarks and the goodwill of the company. Instead, they stopped it dead in its tracks.

I'm glad the little guy won for once. I don't see how you're not convinced that they lost, or could have potentially lost revenue. People right here in this thread were saying that they would go for this generic brand instead of actual Mixed Chicks products.

That's what I said, they were actively guarding the trademark.