Is your hair like your mothers?

Is your hair like your mother or father?

• Hair like moms

Votes: 149 32.5%
  • Hair like dads

Votes: 310 67.5%

• Total voters

jovan787

I wish my hair was like my mothers. Her hair is alot thicker and grows like a weed.

I would say my hair is most like my dads although I'm not too sure because he has had a jheri curl since b4 I was born and still rocks one to this day

NapfroConsulate

I have my dads hair. My mom is Afro-Latina but her hair is more of a 2b/3a texture. My father is from Ghana and my hair is definately a 4b just like my papa :yep:

Naturallista

Definitely moms....her hair is fine and very silky and curly. That's all well and good, but what I really wish I would have gotten was her booty :look: Oh well, I guess that's what Brazilian But Lift is for :drunk:

solewoman

honestly...i dont even know what my moms hair is. my dads is real fine 4a/b and i have slowly discovered...or so i think that mine is the same.

Taina

Well mine is not like my mon or dad. I believe is between my grandfather and my mom. Is Very Strange

ladylina

My hair texture is a mix between my parents, my mom is a 4 something my dad is a 3b for real. But the way my grows is my mom straight up, it grows long all around but i have a short patch right in the middle.

lushlady

I didn't vote because my hair is not similar to my mom's or dad's, except for the color. I'm not good with this hair type system I've seen on here, but my mom's hair is straight and fine-I guess that is a 1. My dads hair is kinky with no curl pattern-I guess that is some kind of 4.

My hair is wavy, curly, and cottony. I guess it is some kind of mix of the two of them. My brother and sister (same parents) also have different hair from both parents and each other. There were so many different kinds of brushes, combs and hair products in that house growing up!

Last edited:

chasturner84

My hair is like my dad's. My mom's is coarse, thick and kinky. My dad's hair is soft and fine. I'm not comfortable using the hair typing system, so I won't even try to guess our hair types. :rolleyes:

shasha8685

Not at all. :nono:

My mom's hair is very fine and not as thick while my hair is very thick and coarse. I'm guessing I get it from my dad.

bellebebe

My mother and I have identical hair. Ecept, mine is healthier. She has that 4c type hair; thick and luscious. Unfortunately, she lost most of it due to breast cancer during her chemo. Her hair is not short and damaged because her hair was naturally long and she never did much to it. Now that she lost most of she's slowly learning how to care for it. She's learning though, my sister and I are caring for it.

carib_n_curly

mixture of everything

dad: 3b,low textured, thick strands
mum:3c/4a medium textured, fine to medium strands

me: 3c/3b/4a medium-high textured, mostly fine strands with a patch of thick strands:sad:

MzK

She tells me I have hair like my dads--which is true.:drunk:

For instance: She would curl her hair, and the moment she steps outside (esp. if it's humid)-plop! No more curl.

I, on the other hand......curls lasts for DAYS.

But I secretly dislike her because no matter how much new growth she gets, she can put her hair into a bun.

Me? :lachen:<-----there's your answer.

Haven't a clue on hair types--but if I were to guess...MOM: Thin-med 3c/4a-ish, and DAD: Thick 4a/b.

Last edited:

lacreolegurl

Neither. My mom is a 1 and my dad was a 4. I'm around 9.5 months into my transition and it looks like I'm mostly a 3c with a little 3b and 4a thrown in.

Diva_Esq

Mine is like my dad's but thicker. I think I got the thickness properties from my mom's side, curlies from dad. So it's a combo.

ConsiderCamille

I'm not exactly sure how my moms hair is because it's relaxed, but it has always been thick and long, but her strands are very fine. My hair is more like my fathers, he has 3b curls and mine are a little bit more kinkier but more so his than my moms

biancaelyse

Daddy's hair all day. We are both 3B/3C, very fine hair but dense and my mother is a type1, fine hair but very thin and wispy.

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
I say neither! :lachen: My mom and dad have no curl definition whatsoever in their natural hair, and my texture falls within the 3c / 4a range. I think my hair skipped a generation and I inherited hair from my grandparents.

MonPetite

Not in the slightest. Different thickness, quantity, texture, and growth rate. I take after my father's thick haired, quick-growing, dense-headed folk.