January 2018 What Did You Buy This Week?

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
please post a review when you use them and tag me! i've tried making my own ayurvedic products but they don't seem to work so maybe i need to buy them already made. but hers are so expensive.

I surely will. I am the same way, my own conditioner concoctions are so blah. It’s better for me too to buy premade products. Yes I agree that her stuff are hella expensive so I’m PRAYING this stuff works that darn well to justify this purchase.

krissyhair

I bought spirulina powder. Only the second day drinking it and I was able to run 5k straight for the first time in my life.

Also bought joico deep conditioner for bae. His first impression of it was "But for real I need to know the type of conditioner I used yesterday! That s*** is the real deal"

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I bought spirulina powder. Only the second day drinking it and I was able to run 5k straight for the first time in my life.

Also bought joico deep conditioner for bae. His first impression of it was "But for real I need to know the type of conditioner I used yesterday! That s*** is the real deal"

Can you link the spirulina you take? TIA! And, exactly how do you take it, and how often? Many thanks!

Aggie

@krissyhair
Do you believe it's the spirulina that helped you with your marathon? Please let us know which brand and serving you take. Thanks

YvetteWithJoy

On break
From Hobby Lobby (though I'm seeing that the price is even cheaper online):
At 50% off, elastic trim to cut into strips (that I don't tie into loops, but leave as strips) for banding my hair

I'm now banding my twists overnight for elongation of them (and to prevent them from curling/bending/shrinking and then drying in those odd, bent shapes). GENIUS! Thank you for sharing that YouTuber with me/us, @Sharpened! :kiss: I have learned so much from her, and she's made my natural hair life TONS better/simpler/easier. I'm eternally grateful. I'm so sorry about her setback. Eesh.

upload_2018-1-13_23-44-52.png

krissyhair

@YvetteWithJoy and @Aggie

I put a hearty spoon full of it into a large glass of iced green tea I brewed and drank it. It tastes like Lake Michigan...disgusting. So add some lemon lol.

It is high calorie for such a small amount of powder. And it is SUPER high protein.

I do think that the spirulina is what gave me the extra energy to run much farther than I've ever been able to. But, to give you full disclosure, I did drink 4 cups of coffee that day. I have also been cooped up in the house studying for the bar exam (first time test taker), and had some pent up energy.

BTW, I have not been training to run at all.

Aggie

@YvetteWithJoy and @Aggie

I put a hearty spoon full of it into a large glass of iced green tea I brewed and drank it. It tastes like Lake Michigan...disgusting. So add some lemon lol.

It is high calorie for such a small amount of powder. And it is SUPER high protein.

I do think that the spirulina is what gave me the extra energy to run much farther than I've ever been able to. But, to give you full disclosure, I did drink 4 cups of coffee that day. I have also been cooped up in the house studying for the bar exam (first time test taker), and had some pent up energy.

BTW, I have not been training to run at all.
The brand is called Ancestral Roots.

The serving size is 4 teaspoons. But I didn't measure, I just took 1 big dinner size spoon full.
Thank you. This was helpful. Lemme go look up that brand

Aggie

Now the only hair products I need to get is the professional size Olaplex Treatment with maybe an additional 6 bottles of the No. 3 treatment since it's so small. That should last me for at least 6 months or more.

This purchase will take place by the end of this month because as of next month, I'm going in deep in the Dave Ramsey Financial Challenge so I will not be purchasing much - just my staples that I run out of. I'm even good on Skin care products for a while.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
The month is half-way up and I have purchased NO product! :headspin:

I don't have a desire to, either. And in a few days, I should have 10 stash items ready for donation to a women's shelter.

I have truly entered the next stage on my hair care journey! Hair care is understood. :yep: Focus is happily steered to faith, health, fitness, beauty, home, and the like. :alcoholics: :cloud9::happydance::pulpdance::yahoo: