January 2018 What Did You Buy This Week?

discodumpling

I needed to re-up on my ORS Naturals co-wash & Butter Smoothie and decided to purchase the Hydrating Butter as well. It hurt my heart y'all. $35 for THREE products. 2 of which my hair has decided are HG products. For whatever reason these items are suddenly unavailable at all the Walgreens in my 'hood! I HAD to purchase from the Chinese BSS and they are $11.49 EACH!! It hurt cause Walgreens sold them for $8.
Oh well with better planning i'll purchase online at Sally's or something in the future.

NaturallyATLPCH

I needed to re-up on my ORS Naturals co-wash & Butter Smoothie and decided to purchase the Hydrating Butter as well. It hurt my heart y'all. $35 for THREE products. 2 of which my hair has decided are HG products. For whatever reason these items are suddenly unavailable at all the Walgreens in my 'hood! I HAD to purchase from the Chinese BSS and they are $11.49 EACH!! It hurt cause Walgreens sold them for $8.
Oh well with better planning i'll purchase online at Sally's or something in the future.
These Asian BSS's stay pimping us. That is why I let them go years ago. Ridiculous. But when you need it you need it.

Aggie

These Asian BSS's stay pimping us. That is why I let them go years ago. Ridiculous. But when you need it you need it.

Same here in the Bahamas. They are gong ho on food products that are 'questionable'. I'm talking selling food that was grown using human feces, recycling cooking oil from the sewer, selling rice, cheese, garlic and cabbage that's not actually these items - they're some kind of plastic but looks like rice, cheese, garlic and cabbage. I try not to EVER buy food grown in China or Asia for that matter. It is scary. Plus their restaurant food is loaded in MSG! I think they are trying to kill us so they can take over.

With the intro of social media now, we are aware of their agenda and have been boycotting their stores here. Thing is they got smart and started to cut their prices way lower than the Bahamian restaurants and food stores and people are hurting financially so they shop there. I don't though. Cancer, strokes and heart attacks are high here and I really believe it's the Chinese food causing them. I already warned all my family members and close friends about this conspiracy. It's now up to them to take heed.

Aggie

The fact that I can only get Dudley DRC (on the ground) at a sketchy Asian BSS is the reason I haven't bought the product.

Anyway, I bought Greenlakes Collagen yesterday.
@mzteaze

I don't blame you. The thing is you don't even know if it's Dudley's DRC 28 you're getting from them. They can duplicate the 'look' of a product very well but they can't seem to duplicate the actual product with all it's genuine abilities.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
@mzteaze

I don't blame you. The thing is you don't even know if it's Dudley's DRC 28 you're getting from them. They can duplicate the 'look' of a product very well but they can't seem to duplicate the actual product with all it's genuine abilities.

That's what's frustrating, being able to trust where you make the purchase.

House of Beauty is running an extra 20% off & the product is $59.99. Does anyone know if they are trustworthy?

Aggie

That's what's frustrating, being able to trust where you make the purchase.

House of Beauty is running an extra 20% off & the product is $59.99. Does anyone know if they are trustworthy?
I have gotten products from there before and they seem trust worthy, but then again I got wigs and Xcel NW21 which were all fine.

mzpurp

For those of you who purchase fragrance oils, who would you say sells the best? Piping rock? P & J Trading (Amazon)?

I'm starting to dabble in candle making but my reg EOs aren't cutting it... I did purchase some from Michael's but they weren't potent enough for my liking...

Aggie

Today I bought:

-2 bottles of Redken Extreme Anti Snap Leave-in Conditioner.

I needed a hair cut today and went to have one professionally done. This is a new stylist that I am trying out. I went in for a consultation today which would cost me $20 but when I came in to have my hair done, it would be used toward the actual service. Well I got my consultation and hair trim for $25 total today. I was very impressed with her knowledge I might add.

She advised me to stopp everything I'm doing with my hair and buy myself a good baby shampoo to get my hair back on track. She trimmed only one inch off and asked me to come back in 2 months for another trim until I get all the ends off in a slow but controlled timely manner. She knows how ladies love their hair and she genuinely did not want me to become too concerned about cutting off too much hair all at once.

She said that the baby shampoo will help my hair to bounce back in a very timely fashion. By the way, it was a demi permanent color that damaged my hair. She said the henna I was using was fine but adding in the demi color alternately damaged my hair. Two permanents should not be competing with each other this way. I agreed because my hair was really doing well with henna. I just wanted something faster and now I am paying for it with broken ends.

With that said, I think I will keep this new stylist. I found out she even goes to my church but attend a later service than I do. Plus she appeared to be very concerned with how I felt about my hair. She was empathetic, she listened intently and came up with super plan that I feel will work for me to get my hair back on track again.

Oh another thing she saved me a ton of money by telling me to get the Alfaparf Hair Bond Rebuilding System as opposed to Olaplex. She likes Alfaparf better for afro textured hair than the Olaplex. She uses both - the Olaplex on silkier hair and Alfaparf on afro-textured hair.

-The Alfaparf system cost me only $67.97 - (this was one of my purchases today by the way)
while the Olaplex was going to cost me a whopping $500+. I came out on top financially today I'd say :happydance:. This was a purchase I was going to make anyway so I'm happy it's not nearly as much as I was originally planning to spend.