August 2018 What Did You Buy This Week?

Aggie

Aggie

No no...I didn't use them all. I gave 6 of them away to my two nephews and my Sister. I said "Here!....I cant have nothing!" LOL. They love cfcg (Because of me). And I can't stand by while their Mother let them walk around with dry hair.

In Dollar General they have them for $3.50 for 8oz. I'm better off ordering online 16oz for $5.53 on Amazon. Deal.
Okay gotcha! Yeah I share a lot too for the same reason as you and also because I am usually working my stash down some :lol:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Thanks for posting this @I Am So Blessed. I was curious about this scalp massager as well. Glad I didn't scratch that itch.
Me too! It has done so many people wrong :confused:. A lot of women ended up cutting 2 inches off because of it. I found it odd that most said "two inches" because the TEEZER created many splits. I signed on to Amazon so quick to cancel it. I was excited about it mainly for when I finally start to do braidouts in the fall.:) Glad we didn't learn the hard way.

Sally.

Is Earth tones still expensive? @Sally.
My total for the two 4oz containers of the curl enhancing gelly and the hair butter was $30 (which included $5 shipping). It's not the best price but I just wanted to try the products. I ended up calling because on the website I ordered from, they state on the ingredients that there is a paraben-free preservative but don't list the name. So I opened the product today and there are three extra ingredients not on the ingredients list online: propylene glycol, diazolindinyl urea, and iodoproprynyl butylcarbamate.

All three of these are toxic and one releases formaldeyhde! which is what i was trying to avoid since ecostyler gel has similar ingredients as well. I called the place I ordered from and she told me she had the same concerns and expressed them to the owner who is a Black lady living in Canada. She said she was told that its such a "small" amount in the product, that it doesn't matter. I got a bit irritated with her but tried to stay calm because it doesn't matter if it's a small amount of formaldehyde, if I'm trying to avoid something, I don't want any of it, not even a little bit.

It's like telling someone whose trying to avoid alcohol or dairy, that a small amount won't hurt. Maybe it won't but I was trying to avoid it and purchased the product under the impression that I was getting a mostly natural gel, or at least a gel without something as toxic as formaldehyde! I was told by the distrubutor that she wouldn't pay for shipping so if I shipped back, I would lost $10 on a $30 order.

I'm debating sending an email to the founder because as a fellow Black woman, I don't want her business to fail. I've typed an email to the founder but it sounds combative even though its not my intent to be that way. I'm thinking about just taking the loss and letting everyone else know not to trust this company.

Last edited: