May 2015 Hits & Misses

CodeRed

Hit:

- ORS Shealicious Treatments. I liked all of them. My hair turned out really soft with all 3 but my favorite was the Shine Booster. Didn't necessarily "boost my shine" lol but it made my hair the softest.

- Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Extra Moisturizing Kids Detangler - I bought this on a whim and didn't think it would work... all the other kids detanglers didn't, just made my hair hard like the adult ones... this one is great. I have a tangles now from having 2 textures (that stupid Design Essentials relaxer) and my hair clumps together but after I sprayed this, I could comb root to tip and the tangles just melted away. Definitely keeping this around. Very moisturized, smooth hair.

- Hask Monoi Oil Treatment packet - I've tried the others with success and now I'm adding this to the list... made my hair very soft, smelled great and moisturized everything very well.

- Mustard oil is a continued hit for growth

- Aloe vera juice - continued hit for my scalp. My hair doesn't appreciate it to much but that Design Essentials did a number on both my hair and scalp and this healed my scalp right on up, along with the ORS Shealicious Scalp Treatment.

Miss:

- Design Essentials relaxer. I feel like I'd used this relaxer a long time ago (like almost a decade ago) and didn't like it... well now I know why. My scalp nor hair appreciated it AT ALL and now I still have two textures. I forgot what the "relaxer burn" even felt like but this definitely reminded me. Going back to Affirm for my next application and going to try ORS after that.

gorgeoushair

Hit:

Bubble Bistro calling me because she was out of the scent I chose for one of my bath bombs. She asked me what other scent I would like.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
New Hits

SSI Coco Argan Conditioner-the slip and softness upon contact got my hair feeling like
image.jpg

I need her introduce it into her online shop, preferably a 16 oz :look:
SSI Green Tea Butter
SSI Coco Atgan Anti-Breakage Hair Cream
SSI Cranberry Cream
Redken Cleansing Cream

Continued Hits

Terra Veda Organix Banana Slip Detangler- detangles my hair like a dream.
HH Vatika Frosting -great as a pre-poo
JBCO
Komaza Protein Stenghener
Keracare Humecto
DE Honey Cream Moisture Retention Shampoo- the best shampoo I've ever used, I just love it.

CodeRed

Hit: Shea Moisture 10 in 1 masque
I used a ton bc I did a henna & indigo tmt and my hair is really soft. I am really impressed and so glad I got two when they were on sale.

I have that in my stash. Really looking forward to using it soon since I hear good things about it from everybody.

CluelessJL

Tentative hit: tresemme remoisture conditioner. Didn't feel anything special when it was on, and combing my hair out afterwards wasn't any easier...but the top sections of my hair have been incredibly silky after the last couple of washes, and this is the only major change in product/technique!

kupenda

Hit
-Bekura Silk & Honey latte to moisturize flat ironed hair. I love that I have the option to seal or use it as is
-flexi rods on flat ironed hair with Silk and honey latte to add body after its gone flat. Hair was smooth, soft, and had a beautiful sheen
- Silk Dreams Shea What. Yes lawd

Napturallypretty1908

Miss: Shea Moisture JBCO Leave In

I really wanted to like it but after a week but I think it's moving to the back of the stash. It does smell really good and it reminds me of one of my staples, Eden's Bodyworks coconut shea leave in. The difference is the Shea moisture product is really liquidy which I find messy for that jar, it's so much better is a squeezeable bottle, IMO. It's only moisturizes my hair for a little while and then goes dry :(

CodeRed

Hit:

- Co-washing with VO5, both cleansing and to help rinse out extra treatment/oils. The Silk Experiences line makes my hair so, so soft - especially the Shea Cashmere. This stuff is a miracle for me.

Miss:

- Eco-lesterol. @JulietWhiskey tried to tell us, but I just had to try it :nono: It seemed promising but both the Olive oil and Argan oil ones made my hair hard. Didn't do any damage though.

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
Hit:

- Co-washing with VO5, both cleansing and to help rinse out extra treatment/oils. The Silk Experiences line makes my hair so, so soft - especially the Shea Cashmere. This stuff is a miracle for me.

Miss:

- Eco-lesterol. @JulietWhiskey tried to tell us, but I just had to try it :nono: It seemed promising but both the Olive oil and Argan oil ones made my hair hard. Didn't do any damage though.

@CodeRed

I tried to save ya'll! Glad it didn't do any damage! A poster said they tried it with oils and such and it seemed to work ok so that may be the best way to use it; but if I still had mine, it would be used as a shaving cream...IJS.

CodeRed

Hit: SheaMoisture Superfruit complex masque!
Love the smell! It's super moisturizing. Left it on my hair for only 10 Minutes or so. Detangling with it was a dream. Upon rinsing my hair felt both deliciously moisturized and strong.

That's good to hear. I think this is going to be the last of my masque collection that I try and if it's as good as everyone says it is I'll be on the next Shea Moisture buy one/get one sale to stock up.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
MISS: Sallys Salon Care Aloe Vera Gel. I used a ton of gel and still had frizzies and very little hold. No Bueno.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Hits:

Soultanicals Knot Sauce - excellent detangler for pre and post wash. Jury is still out on using it as my sole leave in but it definitely helped with handling post wash detangling.

Obia Babassu Deep Conditioner - very moisturizing but lacks slip. Even factoring that, it made a great first impression.

Using low heat on wash day to tame my new growth.

SweetlyCurly

Super hit: Bekura's Palm Tapioca.
I had used a 2oz sample of this on my transitioning hair and it was great. I finally bought a full size to try on my natural hair and it's the best moisturizer/leave in/sealer ever. Hair is super moisturized, very soft and the shine I have is out of this world. I also love I can use just this and a styler and call it a day. Definitely will keep this at hand from now on.

nerdography

Continued Hits:
-Yes to Carrots Nourishing Shampoo
-Silicon Mix Bambu

New Hits:
-Oyin Juices and Berries Leave-In
-Camille Rose Naturals Curl Love Moisture Milk
-OGX Hydrate & Defrizz Kukui Oil Anti-Frizz Hydrating Oil
-Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Intensely Smooth Leave-In Conditioning Cream
-Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Anti-Frizz Creme
-L'Oreal Paris Advanced Haircare Smooth Intense Frizz Taming Serum

I cut out all products that had coconut oil in them and I my hair feels amazing now.

Last edited: