• Friday

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Saturday

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

epiphany braids

Hello Ladies!!!

Hope all is going well so far with your challenge!!!

The poll results r in, SO WE WILL BE POSTING OUR WEEKLY JOURNALS ON SATURDAY!!! YEA!! :dance7:

I can not wait cause ladies I have somethings to share!! Some juicy things!![/QUOTE]

What's the juicy things you have to share. I have actually been waiting to hear them:ohwell:

MMM let me see!! The concotion that I mentioned I used!! Especially with the honey!! Maybe I didn't sound so excited when I posted my weekly journal!! But thats the juicy stuff to me it was a big deal because I have been waiting a whole month to put in this concotion and to finally do it and get GREAT results after is amazing to me!!!!:grin:

melodies815

Sideliner checking in again: I changed the moisture that I use with AVG to Castor oil. It just feels better on my scalp, and I don't worry about dryness at all since MT can be drying...

My heart beats so fast every time I think about the results in February!!! :blush:

OP...this is the best Challenge ever....in my humble opinion...because we get to show results for a product that seems to have so many naysayers and is hard to stay consistent with. Thanks for letting me kinda participate...

I am in tiny twists and may not take down to wash my hair this weekend, but I will continue to do MT on my scalp...

Hopefully, everyone is doing well...

cj

bestblackgirl

Journal Entry for 1/23/10

well I have been a bit under the weather and lazy so i only used it my OCT once this week but i promise myself i will do way better then

on a positive note. MY scalp doesnt itch as badly as it did last week when i put my oct mix on my scalp.

My braids were dry and my scalp had a lot of build up.. so i rinsed with acv mixed with water... then mix ROUX POROSITY CONTROL AND WATER in a cup and on my scalp and braid and let it air dry.
next week will be better

lawyer2be371

Hey LADIES
01/23/2010

This week I stayed to my same routine, actually yesterday makes a month that I have had my sew in,......I wanted to keep this hair in until the end of March but I dont know....I feel like in some areas of my head I have a inch of growth...I started using Megatek on 12/23/2009....

Im also concern with matting, how do you know if your hair is matting....
I washed my hair friday night, I think I will wash maybe once a week.....I used conditoner...so I guess it was a cowash.....thats about it for me this week....I need to find out how do you tell if your hair has started to mat.....

epiphany braids

I am so sorry ladies for being late. Had a party to attend and well you know the rest jeje

Journal entry # 2 1/24/10

I have been applying my MT as normal!! yesterday was supposed to be my wash day but that didn't happen, so today I mixed a different concoction!! I mashed up an avocado, mixed in fenugreek powder, brahimi and amla put some oils in and applied to my hair for an hour. I had clarified my hair as I do it once a month, applied my DC and am sitting here now typing my journal entry. I am so lazy to go and wash it out.
I have been using my wig as a protective style, I have box braids in my hair underneath the wig. I moisturize then put on my wig cap, then my wig.
I have been experiencing MASSIVE breakage, its unbelievable and it has me scared, so I will be getting a touch up on my 22 week or so post hair, which at this point I have concluded the cause of my hair breaking off. So I will be taking pic's to share when its pic posting time!! I am a little afraid to get the touch up because I don't know if it will take and then I don't want it to take as well as it did before, I use a texturizer and it is supposed to soften my 4b hair type, but the last time it made it mega straight NO BUENO!! So I was thinking what did I do prior to getting the last touch ahhh haaa!!
I did an aphogee protein treatment 3 days prior, so this time i will just do it after!!
Wish me luck ladies and again I apologize for being late.

HHG!!!

epiphany braids

I thought I come and ask you guys for advice, I am looking for a new texturizer to put in my hair, idk if i should go with lye or NO lye...any ideas? I am also looking for a product that has low PH in it!! Any advice will be appreciated!!

HHG!!

Chameleonchick

1/24/10

Hey,
This week past week has pretty much been the same as last as far as applying the Mega tek, I only cowashed twice this week. I did a bentonite treatment yesterday, which I learned you have to be careful with because I still has clay residue in my hair this morning after it was dry and this was after rinsing and DCing. I ill be returning to two strand twists tommorrow when I have more time to twist.

I started school last week!! I haven't been in a few years was a stay at home mom for a while so this is a good mix of things for me. Um thats it for now ladies see ya next saturday!

aquajoyice

1/24 Journal entry

I didn't wash my hair as originally planned due to laziness lol. So instead for the first time I made a veg glycerin sprtiz to loosen and soften my new growth. I mixed veg glycerin, aloe Vera juice & rose water to hair that already had coconut oil applied. My hair feels faulous! Soft and moisturizer, this is now definite staple on days I want a fast and easy way to moisturize and soften my new growth. I am still applying MT as normal and as cosistent as possible. I also ran out of my Wen and waiting on my next shipment. I will be using a baking soda rise to clarify my hair until I get my Wen. I haven't noticed any major growth but I do notice thickness.

panamoni

1/24/10 Journal Entry

Hi Ladies, sorry I'm late. Had such a busy weekend that I didn't even have a wash day. Maybe Monday...

This week, I applied MT 3 nights. There's no noticable increase in shedding. I shed a lot regularly, and I don't usually find it cause for concern. One thing I've been thinking about lately is the possibility of protien overload because evry time I have a wash day, I do a protien treatment, even if it's just the 2min. And then I'll say, next time I wash, I'll just do moisture, but I can never go through with leaving out the protien. So, we'll see. I'd like to try it for my next wash.

I'm also thinking about my nape a lot. I really hope I can retain length there by not relaxing. I've been trying to take care of it. I've been moisturizing my hair daily with Qhemet's Amla Olive Heavy Cream.

I wore my hair down for a day after the rollerset, then went back to bunning. I've been wearing my bun higher up on my head the past few days and think I'm going to stick with that. It seems to fit me well.

I saw a few split ends and am not sure if I should buy some shears to search and destroy or wait until my next relaxer in April for my hairdresser to do a trim. April might be too long. I'm so paranoid about getting a trim, it's not funny. "Trims" have been the cause of my losing serious length ever since I moved to Atlanta a few years ago. I need to figure something out ASAP.

Last edited:

cutiebe2

Journal Entry 1.24.10
Sorry this is so late. This journal entry will be short as usually. I am extremly KISS so there is nothing much that I do to my hair. This week I tried a conditioner rinse, Miel y Leche. It was my first time trying it so I am still up in the air. I am using my megatek mix every night before bed. Trying to use a little less now because I realized I was going heavy on it in the beginning.

Barbie83

Two days late onmy journal entry! sorry!

Well I've been half-wigging for the whole week. (I think I'm addicted). On Monday I flat-twisted, applied mega-tek/coconut oil, put on a shower cap, wig cap, then my wig for the day. I won't be doing that again! Itch city. I'm not so sure that Megatek and baggying go well together. So I'm only going to baggy on days I don't use MT. Maybe I'll alternate. That way its protein/scalp day and then moisture/ends day.

Also, I'm finding that i don't have the luxury of skipping my midweek cowash, as MT causes a lot of buildup. Or perhaps I'm using too much? :scratchch

HHG ladies!

aquajoyice

I thought I come and ask you guys for advice, I am looking for a new texturizer to put in my hair, idk if i should go with lye or NO lye...any ideas? I am also looking for a product that has low PH in it!! Any advice will be appreciated!!

HHG!!

Hi Girlie :) I'm texlaxed and use a relaxer called Precise. I'm not sure if you're looking for an actual Textirizer or a relaxer that can give you texturizer results? I'm not sure what the PH is for this relaxer....

elise805

Sorry for the late journal!

I've pretty much been sticking to my same routine this week except I DC'd 2x over night. I neglected to wear my scarf a couple nights this week and now I can really notice how frizzy cotton pillows make my hair.
I washed with Kenra MS on thursday and just Roux PC for only one minute after the wash. It left my hair really smooth which I was surprised about because usually I have to use another conditioner after the PC to soften it up. I also have noticed the porosity of my hair is getting better because my hair is drying a lot faster now.

melodies815

Re: **Mega Tek and Ovation Cell Therapy 2010 CHALLENGE**

Ummm...I am a sideliner, and we were told to "post whenever," but I got a PM reminding me to post for Saturday...which I clearly missed.

I like being a sideliner because I am not going to keep up with all the rules like you guys...but I use MT weekly, so I might as well post when I get some time.

As I stated, I didn't wash my hair over the weekend. I really need to, though...really, really need to. :wallbash::wallbash: I took down my twists and am wearing a messy twistout behind my band. It's not bad for working from home. I have a new project I am working on...so I am short for time and short on energy as well.

I just really need to wash my hair...maybe I will sacrifice some work time and do it tomorrow.

Other than that, nothing to update. My hair wants to be washed, but it's not mad at me...yet.

HHG to us all!!

cj

elise805

Journal 1/30/2010

Nothing new or excited to report this week except that I have placed an order with Karen's Body Beautiful to try out her hair milks and butters. The milks are supposed to be bomb as a leave in and curl definer. I will update when I get them but it could be awhile, I've heard shipping takes for ever from KBB.

bestblackgirl

Jounal entry for 1/30/10

nothing new this week, same routine as last week. i cant believe i will be 17 wks on tuesday. my longest stretch ever. anyways my braids are looking like its time to take them out, but im gonna keep them for another 2weeks and then wash, DC, and put another style of extension braids to help me until i relax in April.

Chameleonchick

1/30/2010

Again nothing new to add. Was pretty much doing the same thing as last week. The next coming weeks I will only be cowashing once a week and washing every two weeks with diluted shampoo. I will still apply MT every other day. I will moisturize my hair by spritz twice a day.

aquajoyice

Same ol same ol still following the same reggie. I will be texlaxing feb 12 so I thing I'm currently 14 weeks post.

cutiebe2

I have been taking care of my hair as usual. I need a protein treatment.I wish I had Apogee or Emergencee with me but I don't..so I am going to add an egg to my protien conditioner, that should be good.

epiphany braids

Hello Ladies!! Hope all is going well!!
Journal entry # 3

I have had a rough week but excellent weekend!!
First off I got my touch up :-(
I used Mizani butter blend coarse hair...this %%$@ is STRONG!! My hair came out SUPER straight, in which I HATE!! Its so straight that my wig cap and wig slides, no matter how many darn pins I use.
I wanted to use the Alter Ego texturizer but my hair had so much NG that I was afraid it wouldn't take at all. So now I am pissed and trying to deal with this hair. I also cut it because I had to, it looks healthy I must say but tooooo darnnnn straight!!

Do any one know how or what I can use to thicken it up?
I suppose the MT, in which I haven't used for a week, I was afraid on how it will react with the relaxer, I will restart on my regimen on Tuesday.

so in the mean time I will be trying to do something to keep my protective styles with wigs in place. I plan taking a pic on how straight my hair is and posting it on picture day 2/9/10

epiphany braids

Journal Entry 1.24.10
Sorry this is so late. This journal entry will be short as usually. I am extremly KISS so there is nothing much that I do to my hair. This week I tried a conditioner rinse, Miel y Leche. It was my first time trying it so I am still up in the air. I am using my megatek mix every night before bed. Trying to use a little less now because I realized I was going heavy on it in the beginning.
May I ask what is the chocolao sorry if I spelled i wrong can't see it too well, its the one with the brown top!!

lawyer2be371

Ok ladies this is my post for the week. It has been 5 weeks since I got this weave put in, and my weave it starting to recede...to the back.....soo the plan to keep this weave until 3/31 is a no go, I will be keeping it in until the end of February..NOW the question is
do I dye my hair for my birthday party 2/27...or do I hold off and wait until Easter like I planned....

With the new growth the problem Im having is getting enough wear with the hair, If I get my hair weaved up again for my birthday I will only keep it in for 5 weeks.....is it worth it.....

Or should I do a length check the end of February and wait until June 1st for another length check....I know Im rambling but these are my thoughts today....lol

Until next week or something happens this week Have a blessed and productive week

aquajoyice

May I ask what brand will u be using?
and how long have u been using it?

I've been using a brand called precise the original formula. I've been using this brand sine high school and haven't experienced any issues at all. The only place I can find it is at sallys. It's a no lye relaxer

panamoni

Journal #3

Well, this week, I only used the MT on my scalp two nights, instead of three. I likewise, didn't massage my nape and edges as much as I would have liked. But, I did keep my hair moisturized. It felt pretty moist the entire week -- probably from that DC concoction I made the last time.

Monday was wash day, whatever I used, it kept my hair moist all week....I know it involved EVOO, Honey, Motions Moisture Plus, and I think Phytojojoba....

Saturday was my next wash day. I used EVOO, Honey, Matrix Biolage Fortitherapie for my DC. Poo'd w/ Infusium 23. Finished w/ Porosity Control, then Matrix Biolage Fortitherapie Leave-In and Joico Serum to seal.

Oh, I put Alter Ego Cren on my nape and edges. I think I'll only put it there going forward, but put the Megatek on my entire scalp.

I air dried and am back to bunning.

panamoni

Hello Ladies!! Hope all is going well!!
Journal entry # 3

I have had a rough week but excellent weekend!!
First off I got my touch up :-(
I used Mizani butter blend coarse hair...this %%$@ is STRONG!! My hair came out SUPER straight, in which I HATE!! Its so straight that my wig cap and wig slides, no matter how many darn pins I use.
I wanted to use the Alter Ego texturizer but my hair had so much NG that I was afraid it wouldn't take at all. So now I am pissed and trying to deal with this hair. I also cut it because I had to, it looks healthy I must say but tooooo darnnnn straight!!

Do any one know how or what I can use to thicken it up?
I suppose the MT, in which I haven't used for a week, I was afraid on how it will react with the relaxer, I will restart on my regimen on Tuesday.

so in the mean time I will be trying to do something to keep my protective styles with wigs in place. I plan taking a pic on how straight my hair is and posting it on picture day 2/9/10

I'm guessing it will thicken up in a week or two with a little new growth and some washing (and no flat ironing). Funny, the first time I got a relaxer w Syntonics, my hair was super straight. I was worried, but after a few weeks, it was fine. The second time I got the relaxer with it, it wasn't as straight. I wasn't paying attention to the leave-in times that my stylist used. IDK.

Barbie83

Barbie checking in ;)
(BTW my internet connection is messed up at home, so until I can get someone out to my apt to look at the wiring, I can only post updates at work during the week-sorry EP!)

This week, I wore my half wig 4 times, and bunned the other three days. I find it easier to apply MT at night before bed when i know I'll be wearing a wig the next day. It dries to a weird white consistency on my scalp and that's too visible when my hair is in a bun :nono: (or am I using too much? I cut it with coconut oil, but not a lot)

Question: does anyone apply MT before working out? I'm thinking of trying this tonight, maybe to speed up the benefits :)

elise805

I know it's early in the month but I took pictures and wanted to upload my protective style while I'm at it.

This bang braid (idk if that's the name, that's just what me and my roomie call it) keeps my bangs and face layers tucked away. I pulled my ends under and bunned my hair. I used some aloe vera spritz, coconut oil, and some leave-in.