Megatek Challenge 2011-2012

JustGROWwithIt

I want to do a challenge using Megatek anyway you like until the Spring of 2012. I figure that's about 6 months away and should give the product ample time to work its magic! :grin:
SO WHO'S WITH ME???
Post how you plan to use the product, your goals, current length (pics are great) and your regimen.

HOW I PLAN TO USE IT: I mix it with water to dilute it and apply it to my scalp and massage it in for about 5 minutes. I plan on applying this to my scalp only every other day, alternating it with Beemine's sulfur serum.

REGIMEN: At night I am going to continue doing the Greenhouse Method.
I'm also going to do a monthly DC with the Megatek and continue doing weekly DC's with a moisturizing conditioner to balance out the protein in Megatek. Right now I am wearing my hair in 2-strand twists to protective style and I moisturize and seal nightly and wash and DC weekly.

CURRENT LENGTH & GOAL:I'll figure out how to post pics on here to track my progress. Right now I am CBL and want to be APL by the Spring. My hair is natural as well

If anyone has had any results using Megatek I'd love to hear about it!
Let's keep each other posted on our progress and any changes to our regimens to stay motivated. We have 'til April, Ladies! :yep:

CURRENT CHALLENGERS:
1. @JustGROWwithIt
2. @napbella
3. @dancinstallion
4. @mzteaze
5. @ezina
6. @justicefighter1913
7. @dreamer03
8. @Ronnieaj
9. @MrsJaiDiva
10. @IDareT'sHair
11. @Aquarius1
12. @NewHairWOWeave
13. @Seamonster
14. @A856
15. @cartelise
16. @Ijanei
17. @BlessedRN prof
18. @tajaun
19. @mellymel05
20. @SunKissedBrown
21. @irsgirl
22. @maneAttraxion
23. @SoopremeBeing
24. @NYDee
25. @dollface0023
26. @Queenmickie
27. @DiamondTeaira
28. @AlwaysNatural
29. ProfectivGirl

Last edited:

napbella

I'll join.
How I plan to use it: mix it with coconut oil and apply 2-3x weekly.
Regimen: Protective style with braids/buns. Seriously considering going natural again, although I remember how high-maintenance my hair is in it's natural state.
Current length and goal: top of BSL, goal is waist length. My last perm was in June, so I have about 2ins ng. I'll try to post pics.

dancinstallion

I will join. I have been using megatek but I took a break for about 4 weeks, so I am going to start again. My hair is in twists so it will be easy for me to apply and measure.

I will apply it twice a day and wash once a week. dc twice a month.
I will mix the megatek with sulfur, saa, castor oil, eo, and mustard oil.
current length bsb-mbl. Goal waist length.

Last edited:

JustGROWwithIt

I will join. I have been using megatek but I took a break for about 4 weeks, so I am going to start again. My hair is in twists so it will be easy for me to apply and measure.

I will apply it twice a day and wash once a week. dc twice a month.
I will mix the megatek with sulfur, saa, castor oil, eo, and mustard oil.
current length bsl. Goal waist length.

AWESOME! Make sure to keep us posted on your progress and if you find any helpful tips. Question: when you were using Megatek before your break what were your results? I just started using Megatek last night so I'm really anxious to see how well it works for my hair!

naturalmanenyc

I used Mega Tek Cell Rebuilder for about 3 months and didn't notice any growth. It did make my natural hair very manageable and smooth, but it also gave me mild headaches. I cowashed with it and also applied it to my scalp (diluted with water) a few times per week.

I have read that lots of people saw increased growth, but I'm scared to try it again.

Good luck!

ezina

Me! I havn't used MT for a few months now and plan on starting again for the year 2012. It is the year of MBL!

I'll come back later to post deets.

___

Back with details:

HOW I PLAN TO USE IT: 50% MT, 25% Castor Oil, 25% of whatever oil is at hand (particularly coconut oil and a few drops of essential oils).

REGIMEN: Apply after every wash and co-wash, which I do approx 2-3x a week, sometimes more frequently during the summer and less so during the winter. Bun, bun, bun.

CURRENT LENGTH & GOAL:
Current Length --> BSL
Goal Length --> WL+

Last edited:
I was going to say that I'll watch you all from the sidelines. I'm going to have to update my siggie, but I'll join you all. I've been using MT, not as consistently as I should though. I mix it in with my sulfur mix...yeah, I know..that's a lot going on, but I haven't seen any damage thus far.

JustGROWwithIt

I used Mega Tek Cell Rebuilder for about 3 months and didn't notice any growth. It did make my natural hair very manageable and smooth, but it also gave me mild headaches. I cowashed with it and also applied it to my scalp (diluted with water) a few times per week.

I have read that lots of people saw increased growth, but I'm scared to try it again.

Good luck!

Oh well hopefully it works well for me! :ohwell: Thanks for the review

JustGROWwithIt

I was going to say that I'll watch you all from the sidelines. I'm going to have to update my siggie, but I'll join you all. I've been using MT, not as consistently as I should though. I mix it in with my sulfur mix...yeah, I know..that's a lot going on, but I haven't seen any damage thus far.

I'll be using sulfur at the same time as well so if our hair falls out we'll be bald together lol! JK

BrooklynBeauty

I would LOVE to join!! I've been using MT for the past 2 months with pretty good results

My regimen: DC w/ mega tek every other day and follow up w/ moisturizing dc(usually wen :lick:),leave-in,seal w/ jbco. So far so good :grin:

Here's my starting pic

Attachments

• IMG_20111105_224920[1].jpg
    IMG_20111105_224920[1].jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 45

Ronnieaj

I'm in, but I only use MT, mixed with JBCO, on my edges. They're very thin and prone to breakage. I also use MT as a full protein treatment on my hair every 13 weeks, midway through my aphogee 2-step treatments. I love it as a protein conditioner.

I've also used it mixed with sulfur before, with no problems :yep:. The key is to mix it sufficiently with oils so it's not too strong. Just pay attention to your hair.

dancinstallion

really? you think thats too much?

I don't think that is too much just as long as you use some oils with the megatek and sulfur. Like add in essential oil, castor oil, and/or silk amino acids if you have any of those. That is what I learned from 2009 when I first jumped on the bandwagon. The oils is what kept a lot of people from shedding so heavily. and they started taking garlic to combat shedding from the inside.

I also believe the key is to applying it more often to the scalp. The more often the better. just review some of the old threads and take notes on how often the ladies were applying it.

My results have always been great while using megatek. I get at least and inch or more a month. I noticed a big difference when I stopped a few weeks ago. I didn't have to redo my twists as often because of new growth. So I definitly will be starting again.

Megatek changed it's formula so which one are you all using? the old or new version?

Last edited:

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
I'm in! I was using it anyway, so this should be great.

How I plan to use it: mix it with coffee, horsetail extract, burdock root extract, Fenugreek powder, and some Aphogee 2min. I'll be applying it nightly, and GHE'ing nightly as well. (I am sewious about growin this hair long ya'll) :grin:

Regimen: Protective style with bantu knots, or curlformers. Washing my hair every 4 days with Dr. Bronners ayurvedic shampoo mix, after dc'ing over night on dry hair with my ayurvedic herbal conditioner. Keep hair moist during the day with rose water & aloe spray mix. Clarify monthly with a mud mask.

Current length and goal: Brushing SL currently, and my goal is full WL to HL. I'm also trying to double my hair density...I want it thick and loooong! Pow! :lick:

JustGROWwithIt

I don't think that is too much just as long as you use some oils with the megatek and sulfur. Like add in essential oil, castor oil, and/or silk amino acids if you have any of those. That is what I learned from 2009 when I first jumped on the bandwagon. The oils is what kept a lot of people from shedding so heavily. and they started taking garlic to combat shedding from the inside.

I also believe the key is to applying it more often to the scalp. The more often the better. just review some of the old threads and take notes on how often the ladies were applying it.

My results have always been great while using megatek. I get at least and inch or more a month. I noticed a big difference when I stopped a few weeks ago. I didn't have to redo my twists as often because of new growth. So I definitly will be starting again.

Megatek changed it's formula so which one are you all using? the old or new version?

Yea since I'm using the Beemine serum it's an oil so that should cover me. I'm not sure which oils are in it though. I started taking garlic pills a couple of weeks ago when I first decided to order the Megatek because I read about the shedding. Have you experienced any headaches with frequent use?

I'm not sure which version it is that I use...it's in a black bottle with blue letters.

Last edited:

dancinstallion

MrsJaiDiva, I have fenugreek already and I was taking it internally. Does it speed growth if you apply it topically?

I think that is why I bought it but just forgot to mix it in with my other products.

Last edited:

dancinstallion

Yea since I'm using the Beemine serum it's an oil so that should cover me. I'm not sure which oils are in it though. I started taking garlic pills a couple of weeks ago when I first decided to order the Megatek because I read about the shedding. Have you experienced any headaches with frequent use?

I'm not sure which version it is that I use...it's in a black bottle with blue letters.

No I have never experienced the headaches before or now. I used to apply the mt staight and mixed and I didn't experience headaches.

You will know which formula you have by the ingredients on the bottle. What are the first three ingredients on your bottle?

JustGROWwithIt

dancinstallion,
You mentioned you wear your hair in twists. How do you apply them? I have to redo mine once a week or they start to unravel and/or look terrible. I'd love to be able to leave them in for longer than that at a time.

dancinstallion

@dancinstallion,
You mentioned you wear your hair in twists. How do you apply them? I have to redo mine once a week or they start to unravel and/or look terrible. I'd love to be able to leave them in for longer than that at a time.

I can only go about 2 weeks before my twists start to look frizzy. So I usually retwist majority of them every two weeks, then the next two weeks I try get the ones I neglected and try to twist some more.

I spray each twist with braid spray then seal with my shea butter mix and twist. I may start using beeswax to seal to see if it lasts longer.

JustGROWwithIt

No I have never experienced the headaches before or now. I used to apply the mt staight and mixed and I didn't experience headaches.

You will know which formula you have by the ingredients on the bottle. What are the first three ingredients on your bottle?

The first 3 ingredients are: Deionized water, hydrolyzed keratin protein, stearalkonium chloride.
Is this the same version as yours?

HauteHippie

I want to join! I liked MegaTek when I used it a few years back. I'll probably start using it mid Dec, once I'm out of this weave... assuming I don't cut it out next week.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I'll also be watching this thread.:grin:

I've used MT off & on. I recently started using it again (experiencing some problems in my Nape Area).

I usually Mix it with Hair Grease or JBCO. I want to use it as a Protein Rx at some point as well.

If I have a thick(er) Grease, Pomade, Hair Butter, I'll mix it with MT to soften it up and give it that Extra Kick!

I try to use it 2-3 weeks straight and then take a break for about 2-3 weeks.

(No reason) it's just how I do it.

JustGROWwithIt

I'll also be watching this thread.:grin:

I've used MT off & on. I recently started using it again (experiencing some problems in my Nape Area).

I usually Mix it with Hair Grease or JBCO. I want to use it as a Protein Rx at some point as well.

If I have a thick(er) Grease, Pomade, Hair Butter, I'll mix it with MT to soften it up and give it that Extra Kick!

I try to use it 2-3 weeks straight and then take a break for about 2-3 weeks.

(No reason) it's just how I do it.

Great tip on softening up pomades, butters, etc!

Aquarius1

I'm in! I used MT for a year and took a break. I just started on it again about 2 weeks ago, so this challenge is right on time.

I apply it diluted a little with aloe vera juice 3 x's/week and I wash 2 x's a week.

Thanks for launching this challenge!

dancinstallion

I'm in! I used MT for a year and took a break. I just started on it again about 2 weeks ago, so this challenge is right on time.

I apply it diluted a little with aloe vera juice 3 x's/week and I wash 2 x's a week.

Thanks for launching this challenge!

Wow Aquarius1 came out of lurk mode for this challege. You go girl. good luck.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
@MrsJaiDiva, I have fenugreek already and I was taking it internally. Does it speed growth if you apply it topically?

I think that is why I bought it but just forgot to mix it in with my other products.

I'm loving Ayurveda right now (like you couldn't tell) and this is one of the herbs that I use directly on my hair. I used it paired with other herbs, diffused into an oil that I use for hair and scalp. I also it in my conditioner mix. The benefits are "Methi fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum)
Very conditioning, can be used as a gelling agent in mixes for the slime factor. Gives shine to hair. Also good for dandruff and hair loss." I'm going for thick healthy hair, and letting length follow along. :yep: