ORS olive oil relaxer. yay or nay?

ORS olive oil relaxer

• Total voters

slim_thick

I absolutely loved this relaxer when I applied my own relaxer at home. My hair always felt soft, silky and bouncy. Plus the Replenishing Pack is to die for, the best post relaxer conditioner treatment. IMO....

Now, I just don't have the time and patience to relax my own hair anymore, so I go to a salon and treat my tresses to a Mizani Butter Blend relaxer & deep conditioner.

HHG

MissYocairis

Ladies? Where's the ORS LYE sold? I didn't see it at Sally's. Can it be found at big box stores like Target or WalMart?

bluevalentine

Ladies? Where's the ORS LYE sold? I didn't see it at Sally's. Can it be found at big box stores like Target or WalMart?

i normally get mine from the BSS, but I have seen it at Sally's before. I don't ever remember seeing the LYE formula in Target or Walmart though.

I_shure_do_wish

YAY! all the way and duble YAy! I had no idea that there was a lye version too bad I dont think I could find it here in Toronto..highly doubt it

RosesBlack

I have to say YAY again. I had switched earlier this year to another relaxer that left me underprocessed in some spots and over processed in others. Since then I used the ORS no lye for the second time and my hair has fully recovered and came out perfect.,

I still say they should include more shampoo though.

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
I used the ORS olive oil no -lye for the first time last wednesday and I will say that this is my new staple relaxer. I absolutely loved it and I have great results. The kit comes well stocked too!.

Candy1978

I freaking LOVE ORS Olive Oil Relaxer, it is the best, soft, gentle, doesn't burn, and makes my hair just bounce and swing LOVE it...did I mention I love it ....lol:grin:

BlackMarilyn

does this relaxer only come in a kit? i used it on my friend's hair this week but i'm wondering if the amt of shampoo/conditioner it comes with is enough for me.

is it also sold as separate items?

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

I have to thank you ladies for the info on ORS. I tried it and no shedding! I first had a problem with Mizani. Didn't listen to another lady with hair similar to mine. She got a salon treatment and it ruined her hair. I thought I'd try since it got good reviews but this was 2 years later. My hair started shedding. I waited several months to switch to a Dominican product called Linange Shea. I also got shedding. Waited longer for the retouches and still got shedding. My last touch-up was with ORS and guess what, no shedding. I used the lye product. Still keeping my fingers crossed and am hoping this thing is nipped in the bud. I use the Aphogee treatment about every 6 weeks or so but still got shedding with the other products. I cannot stretch between for 3-4 months. I love ORS!

loved

I'm still deciding. I used it a month ago and my hair is nappy as all get out. I liked it at first because my hair did not feel limp right after the relaxer.

I just started using megatek and I have been sweating to an extreme degree because of my workout regimen so it may be related to other factors. I'll try it again for inauguration week & see how I like it then.

ETA: I used the lye version and I would not recommend it. My hair is 4z and it left me extremely underprocessed.

Last edited:

LivingDoll

It's a nay for me. When I used it, my hair lacked the silkiness that I was used too. It also made my hair have this weird mushy/frizzy texture. I used the lye mild.

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
YAY for me. I used the one with Lye as a corrective and I love it. I'm definitely sticking with this relaxer. It made my hair so soft and silky.

Queen V

I'm still deciding. I used it a month ago and my hair is nappy as all get out. I liked it at first because my hair did not feel limp right after the relaxer.

I had the same reaction. At first I loved it, but a month later...:ohwell:

PartyGirl

I say YAY!

It relaxes well and leaves my hair soft and shiny. I am a 'self-relaxer' from way back (lol) and I've used alot of different relaxers. This is the only one that doesnt leave my hair hard and clumped together after i rinse.

not too sure about virgin hair, but i think it should be a-ok :)

Last edited:

kristie21

i say NAY:ohwell:..I hate the lye version..used it the first time and it was ok...after the third time i threw it out and went back to no-lye (mizani)..it has definetly done damage to my hair..LOTS of breakage and dryness..my hair feels so weird...at the ends..sort of like scab hair..if i could go back i would have passed on it completely...

alanaj

I used this once and it was THE best home relaxer I;ve ever had! After that neutralizer was rinsed out it felt soooo soft. And that was even before we got to the replenishing pack part of it.
Big YAY

Sunshyn3

I just used ORS Olive Oil Lye Relaxer last week wednesday and I must say it's probably the best relaxer I've ever had (that's what my stylist said too..LOL:lachen:). I didn't burn, my hair was light and bouncy when dry. My hair still had body and it looked very healthy. I'm sticking to it.:grin:

deusa80

I've used the lye and no-lye ORS relaxer. The thing is, I didn't even realize I was using the lye version:perplexed... I saw it at the BSS and noticed it was the same relaxer that I had used before, just not in the kit. I bought it more for convenience and price because I knew that I could get at least 2 uses out of it. Usually when I use the one in the kit, I end up throwing a good amount of it away.
I didn't think much else about it... until I came to the board I thought they only sold no-lye relaxer's anyway... and I'm still not sure what the major differences are.

Well, the last 2 relaxers I've done have been with the lye relaxer, it defintely doesn't get my hair as bone straight as the kit version...but I think I'm ok with that. I think I'd be ok with using both...

On another note, I'm going to have to pay more attention when I buy things now... :yep: