ORS olive oil relaxer. yay or nay?

ORS olive oil relaxer

• Total voters

sikora

It is not 4b friendly! When I used it my hair was a mess! I might as well had not used it at all.

Is this the lye or no lye? I am also 4b and had a horrible experience with the no lye. I was severely under-processed. I think I will take a chance with the lye for my touchup next week.

*Muffin*

For me it's nay. I just want to say that I love ORS products, especially their deep conditioner. It made my hair feel great and it smelled good :grin:. So that made me want to try their relaxer. I got normal strength, and let me tell you that relaxer burned me up! I still have a small burn under my ear from where it singed me nearly six months ago (it's slowly going away, thank goodness). No other relaxer has ever done that to me. Plus it over processed my hair and left it looking plastered to my scalp. The relaxer probably works wonders for other people, but it's too much for my hair and scalp. The best ones I've used are Soft and Beautiful and African Pride.

Last edited:

belleama

Nay for me. I used it two times in a row and both times it burned the crap out of my scalp before staightening my hair. I couldn't believe it. We thought it might have been because I've been using Sulfer 8 + MN and only stopped a week before getting relaxed. But that could only explain the burning the second time I used it. The first time I used it I had the same crazy burning but I was not using any growth aids and had stopped washing my hair a week in advance like normal.

I have a sensitive scalp that's why I tried it in the first place but after two unsuccessful tries I'm not doing that again.

pistachio

def. a YAY from me!! I am cheap when it comes to relaxers and refuse to spend more that 5.50 on one. I decided to splurge and spend the extra 3 bucks and get this one. I looked and saw that it came with a replenish pak and I was estatic!!! yeah i it's silly i know!! but i really liked it, and will def. buy from now on!!!!

pistachio

YAY!!!

I have fine 4A hair and this left my hair soft, straight but with body. Usually after I relax my hair, its kinda limp and takes about 2 weeks for the fullness to return. My hair is fullll and sooo soft. I can't stop touching it! BTW, I added about two tablespoons of EVOO to the mixture. I *heart* ORS Relaxer.

Yeah times two!! i think the EVOO may have helped!!

Nella

The week before X-Ms I'm going to give this relaxer another chance. I think that even though the first one was underprocessed. It has left my hair with body. Over the course that I've had it in I haven't really experienced any breakage so this may be a good thing. I just hope that the next relaxer completely relaxes me and I will be able to give a much better review on what else it had done for my hair.

PAPRIKA

YAY!!!

I have fine 4A hair and this left my hair soft, straight but with body. Usually after I relax my hair, its kinda limp and takes about 2 weeks for the fullness to return. My hair is fullll and sooo soft. I can't stop touching it! BTW, I added about two tablespoons of EVOO to the mixture. I *heart* ORS Relaxer.

I'm going through the limpies now. I'll try ORS next time I relax.

mohair

I had the WORST breakage EVER using this for the first time! :mad:

Me too! I huge plug of hair came out on the sides. I am doctoring it back to health now. I was wondering if it was because I used Bijen (hair color) on the same day. I usually use Bantu and dye my hair with no problem.

tess1913

Gave me the itchies extremely bad. My hair looked great for abotu 48 hours then my scalp would itch like crazy, I was washing every other day unyil I got a little new growth then it would stop. I wouldn't advise anyone to use this relaxer.

Nita81

Where do you find the Lye version ? I only see the No-Lye. Thanks in advance.

ETA: Nevermind I found it at the BSS. I assumed the Lye version would be in the box kit

Last edited:

shadylane21

Just used the no lye formula yesterday and I luved it! I was going to go to the shop on the 20th but decided to do it my self because I am trying to buy a house. I did not burn and it worked pretty darn good.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I think I'mma start texlaxing using Lye for fine/medium texture, adding a little olive oil to the mix. I love the relaxer; my hair has never been better.

Nita81

I tried ORS lye version on Sunday. I like it so far :yep: My hair feels smoother and not limp like it usually is right after.

vonte422

I used the lye twice the first time I was amazed but underprocessed in the front, and the second time it didnt do anything, Ill pass my true idea on it once I go to a professional

MonaLisa

I think that this relaxer is the next wave on the board...
ORS olive oil relaxer is the way to go!

I've heard nothing but good things....

poookie

the ORS olive oil lye is AMAZING. i used it for the 1st time this weekend to relax as usual and de-texlaxify myself, and my hair is perfectly processed (except for 1 patch by my ears that i always miss). the consistency of the cream is very thick, unlike the no-lye version, which is a bit too liquidy, and can have a bit of a tendency to run onto other sections. and it stayed thick even after i added a little kemi oil to it.

i'm sold for life!!!

tenjoy

I used the ORS relaxer for the first time on Friday. YAYYYYY from me! I was quite impressed with the no-lye kit.

LivingDoll

I love the ORS lye (with EVOO added). It allows me to relax my texture a little without making me bone straight. My hair is usually silky afterward but I still have body, volume and a curly texture. I'm sure it would make my texture bone straight if left on longer. I don't like flat, lifeless hair so I choose to purposely underprocess like many others here.