Paltas Hair Treatment (pht) Challenge

ilong

God's Own
Welcome Asha's-Hair and destinyseeker. I am glad you received your orders without any problems.

destinyseeker - please keep us posted on your experience with the shampoo. I don't recall anyone else mentioning purchasing the shampoo.

ilong

God's Own
Looks like we can start the countdown for the 2014 Challenge kick-off. Many of us have already began using the products - whih is great. Prayerfully, we will have some great results to share in the first quarter.

I am working on finalizing my 2014 Total HJ regimen - which I will post be sure to post here as well.

PureSilver

Hmmm......only 11 more days to go. Hopefully i will have some to put on my scalp when Jan 1st rolls in because i ain't going nowhere.

BlackVenus29

@BlackVenus29 can you post the recipe or PM me please? I don't think I want yo pay that much shipping again
2 parts oil (of your choice- I chose emu) to 1 part essential oil mixture. You can do equal parts of the essential oils in the 1 part, or mix based on your needs.

THe essential oils makes the main oil runny, which is why it likely runs down people's faces. A little goes a long way. I apply after I've washed my hair and the pores are already open. Then put a shower cap on it and go to bed.

I used tea tree, camphor, and cinnamon oil. THese are fairly cheap, per the ounce, at Walmart- the first, and last two from Whole foods. Each can be replaced with a different kind of EO- this recipe is not set in stone.

Last edited:

ilong

God's Own
How is it going ladies? I massage my scalp with the PHT daily. I haven't experienced the oil runnning down my face or neck It's consistency is very thick, like castor oil. My scalp absorbs the oil very quickly so the oil doesn't overrun and stain my clothing/bedding.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
ilong

Gold-ish clear. Not like JBCO.

I haven't experienced any runny-ness either upon application. If I did, I would probably think I was applying too much.

I relaxed over the weekend so I stop using it, the week leading up to Relaxing (as a precaution).

Since I am unfamiliar with it, didn't want any 'drama'

But I will start back after my 1st wash.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@yodie

Yeah. I find it to absorb quite nicely actually.

I did want to refrain from using it leading up to my Relaxer though.:yep:

It's decent. I wish it wasn't so hard to get.

I think I'll order like x2 bottles next week.

I've only been ordering them 1 at a time. I guess I should just gone & get x2.

I was concerned they might become OOS.

yodie

IDareT'sHair,

I also find that it absorbs well. I like that. It's a plus for me .
I originally wished I had purchased two bottles, but now I'm glad I only got one because I want to make sure I use the entire bottle before I move onto something else. So many times I stock up on something only to move onto something else and have tons of product left over. So, I'll give this one bottle a shot and see what it does for my hair.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@yodie

Girl...I'm always on some sort of personal mini-growth aides challenge.:lol:

Too hard to tell, because I don't 'document' my growth. (I need to do better).

I think Visviscal Vitamins gave me really good growth with a combo of other 'stuff'

PureSilver

Ladies, from your responses and various reviews it seems this oil is a keeper. Relaxed ladies, do you find it helpful to your NG?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@yodie

Tonight I applied to 'mostly' scalp. Wrapped Hair in Saran Wrap and x2 Plastic Caps & Durag.

I'll 'Poo it out in the a.m.

ETA: My usual is to leave it in.:yep:

ilong

God's Own
Hey ladies - are we ready for 2014? I know many of us started using PHT already.

Thanks IDareT'sHair and yodie for your updates. What's everyone else up to?

yodie - I purchase multiples of products also. I don't like to run out of something and have to wait to order/ship. That results in me falling off the bandwagon. I use products for a minimum of 3 months to fairly assess if they have benefit me.

IDareT'sHair - Viviscal promoted your hair growth? If so, that is great. I took it for 6 months (July - December) and did not experience any above average growth, which would justify the cost. I've replaced Viviscal with Youtheory collagen. I'll take those for 3 months and monitor progress.

WhereItsAt

That’s what I do.. I drink and I know things....
Hello everyone! I decided to join this challenge bc I received my Paltas in the mail today. I ordered from Pak cosmetics and it took 12 days to get from them to me.

ForumRunner_20131228_191939.jpg

ForumRunner_20131228_192133.jpg

As it came just in time bc when I took my sew in down last week, I noticed that spot. I don't know when or how it got there but after I cried tears about it, I decided to do something about it. My hair was not braided tight at all under my sew in. I'm getting another one tomorrow. I was going to get a middle part but not anymore bc that spot is obvious.. :-(

So let's hope that spot grows in soon.

ms.tatiana

Got my order from Pak's I got the hair & scalp and the hair treatment. I'll be using it all around my hair but my main focus is my edges.

Starting

image-2946374414.jpg

WhereItsAt

That’s what I do.. I drink and I know things....
Just massaged some into my spot and on my edges. It has a faint smell of pepto. It's kinda thick but it absorbed right into my scalp and there is no oily feeling on my hands either. I think I might order another bottle or 2 tomorrow to keep from running out.

ilong

God's Own
@destinyseeker - I hope you receive your PHT soon!

@WhereItsAt- welcome to the challenge! I hope PHT lives up to the reputation and promotes re-growth in your spot.

ms.tatiana - glad you received your shipment as well. Your thoughts on the smell, consistency and absorption of PHT product are consistent with the rest of us.

ms.tatiana

Your thoughts....

Smell: Pepto bismol
Consistency: Thick & oily didn't put much on, only on my edges
Absorption of PHT: Pretty good I'll check in the morning how it settles in