Paltas Hair Treatment (pht) Challenge

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@yodie I think @charmtreese has used several of these products (so far):yep:

I am currently using The Pomade Shop's Rosemary Pomade.

I will rotate other Growth Aides with my PALTAS.

I have x1 bottle of PALTAS Hair Rx left and just placed an order for another x2.

charmtreese

Once again... I LOVE how this oil does NOT sit on top of my hair!! Has anyone tried the... Hot Oil Treatment? Might be great for steaming. The Leave In Conditioning Spray? Sof Oil Hair Tonic?

Treatment - yummy, I love this product!
Soft hair oil - this oil is my new sealer, I love it. A little goes a long ways. It keeps my hair really soft and I've also noticed less SSN.
Leave-in - I haven't used this product enough to tell if I like it or not.
Hot oil - ordered this, haven't received it yet.

smores

Hey Ladies! I used the treatment tonight mixed with my NJoy to seal after moisturizing. GHE tonight too.

yodie

charmtreese, thanks. I'm going to try the hot oil treatment and the sof oil. Havr you tried sealing with castor oil? If so, how does the sof oil compare? Thanks.

cynd

So I gave up on Paks after 3 cancelled orders and an email with no response and ended up biting the bullet and ordering from Amazon. I'm still waiting to receive my treatment and will join the challenge when it arrives. Until then, I feel like a chocolate addict standing outside the window watching others lick chocolate from their fingers. I know it's early, but does anyone have any results to report?

yodie

cynd, I'm sorry that happened to you. Were you able to get a refund? I'm thinking of ordering from Paks.

cynd

@cynd, I'm sorry that happened to you. Were you able to get a refund? I'm thinking of ordering from Paks.

yodie, I'm a little like Charlie Brown in that I always seem to get the rock, so don't let my experience dissuade you. I see that others have successfully ordered from them with little or no issues. I used Paypal and it doesn't appear I was charged.

yodie

cynd,

My initial order didn't go through/I wasn't charged. I didn't find out until I checked my junk mail and saw an email. I had to reorder and the second time was a charm.

charmtreese

charmtreese, thanks. I'm going to try the hot oil treatment and the sof oil. Havr you tried sealing with castor oil? If so, how does the sof oil compare? Thanks.

Castor oil was my go to sealer, now Im using soft oil more often then castor oil. When using soft oil, I don't need as much product and my hair stays moisturized longer than when using castor oil.

charmtreese

So I gave up on Paks after 3 cancelled orders and an email with no response and ended up biting the bullet and ordering from Amazon. I'm still waiting to receive my treatment and will join the challenge when it arrives. Until then, I feel like a chocolate addict standing outside the window watching others lick chocolate from their fingers. I know it's early, but does anyone have any results to report?

Im sorry about your experience with Paks. I placed a second order with them last week, I hope I receive it because my hair is in love with this stuff.

I don't have any growth results thus far, but I know that I will...my retention has to be on point because Im not having an issue with SSK's and my hair stays sooo soft even in this cold weather. I wish I would have know about Paltas at the beginning of my natural journey.

PureSilver

I'm liking paltas so far it makes my NG soft and manageable.

cynd i've had more than enough of what i could take from Paks. It's bad that they're treating customers so awful and can you imagine, its an increase in sales for them , not bad reviews. I hope for your sake though that your hair benefits from it because ordering from Amazon ain't cheap at all.

cynd

@charmtreese I'm glad to hear that you like it and that you're seeing positive improvements in your hair. Can't wait until mine arrives.

@PureSilver girl you're right about that. I had to close my eyes to press the order button on Amazon. I ordered two bottle but if it doesn't prove itself sooner rather than later I don't see myself ordering it again, not at those prices.

Last edited:

grow

Hi ladies!

I received my Paltas Hair Treatment and have been using it 2-3 times a week so far.

I noticed that my hair shaft starts to feel like some type of starchy squeeky hard after I've applied it.
Anyone else have that happen?

What I've done is to get my Vatika and douse my hair in that before going anywhere near a comb.
Maybe it's due to ng?

I agree with IDareT'sHair about not using it around perm time.
My new texlax will be around the 19th of this month, so I haven't used it for a week and won't until 1-2 weeks post perm.

Are there any permed/texlaxers with experience as to when to combine the Paltas?

Thanks and hhj!

*Frisky*

I've been using it about twice a week for the past couple of weeks. I put it in one of those root comb things from Sally's but I think too much comes out and it makes my hair feel greasy so I am gonna switch to using my fingers. I still need to measure the hair at my crown area to see if I get any progress.

ms.tatiana

Been using it every night on my edges. I want to see what my 30 day results will look like. A couple days in & I'm seeing little hairs.

WhereItsAt

That’s what I do.. I drink and I know things....
Applied Paltas tonight. My leave out is so soft and my new growth is so soft. And I combed through my leave out on my sew in and only 1 half of a single strand of hair in my comb.

That's rare for my hair. So I think my hair loves this stuff. Have not even had to flat iron my hair straight either. I said I would order more last week but I will order 2 more bottles Friday. :)

yodie

Placed an order last night for the Sof Hair Oil, Hot Oil Treatment and I added another hair treatment while I was at it. I received a shipping notice today. Hopefully all goes well with this order.

WhereItsAt

That’s what I do.. I drink and I know things....
Just placed order for the treatment and the one for weave and braids. I think I have have a half an inch of new growth in my leave out and it's so soft. I ran a comb through it and I did not get a single strand of hair. Which is so strange for me. But it's how it should be..

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
My 12/31 Order for (x2 Hair Rx's) came yesterday.

Faster than some/most of these US Vendors I order from. :perplexed

So far, I haven't had a problem ordering or re-ordering from them.

yodie

cant comment on growth but this makes my nape and edges so soft and moisturized. I always experience breakage/splits in my nape/edges because its always unusually dry and very hard to moisturize. Look forward to what the treatment and other products will do. I'm sold on this alone.

PureSilver

I've already slacked off on using Paltas all over my head, but my edges do thrive from it and LG alot. I wish i had enough to do HOT right now because my hair is so dry at the ends, they really need some TLC.