POLL: So....How Did You Find Out About LHCF?

So...How did you find out about LHCF?

• Friend

Votes: 25 6.1%
  • Family

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Internet Search

Votes: 279 68.0%
  • Hair Blog/Fotki

Votes: 44 10.7%
  • Other

Votes: 52 12.7%

• Total voters

gorgeous86

I'm just curious about how everyone came across this site.

I was a member of an all natural hair board, but once I relaxed I started looking for a site that could help me care for my relaxed hair. I did a google search and it was on the first page of results. I'm sooo glad I clicked on the link!!! :yep:

What about you guys?

anniev2

i was googling for how NOT to jack up hair and there it was.

honestly, I got married in July and I wore a weave for 2 years. Before the weave i had not gotten a relaxer in about a year so i was like since i've basically grown out the relaxer i may as well stay this way. Plus when i straightened the hair that was left out to cover the tracks it was always so nice and fit my liking of straight hair if i needed. the option of being able to straighten or wear curly was very nice to me. and...I was over sitting in the salon for hours because i had so much else going on in my life. 4-6 hours on a Saturday were so precious to me. So I knew NOTHING about taking care of my natural hair except that my mom and grandmom found it impossible. i've always been pretty good at doing my hair. so i figured if i can do the dang thang relaxed that i can do it natural. bu ti wanted to educate myself so...here i am. Thanks for all the help so far. i love it here..

gorgeous86

:lachen: at "How not to jack up hair."

It does feel great not having to spend hours in the salon anymore!!! I love the fact that I know how to do my own hair now. :grin:

naturalgurl

Here's the WHOLE story. I googled up natural relaxer/texturizer and came across a thread on BHM. I saw that I just didn't know how to care for my natural hair and decided to try what others were doing. So I postponed texturizing my hair. Thank God! Then CenteredGirl and Samanthajones68 took me under their wings and told me to give this site a look. Been hooked ever since!

ETA~ So I voted friend...

lilree

My daughter was relaxed (12 years old), and went swimming at a friend's house without ever informing me. Next thing I knew her hair was breaking and I didn't understand why.
Our stylist cut so much of her hair that she cried. I promised her that if she went back to natural (3b/3c) I would help her grow her hair back.
I was so excited when I found LHCF. I now use it for the both of us.
She had her BC in Sept 08, and she is loving how her hair looks!

NYAmicas

Seeker
I was studying abroad in Brazil and needed some serious help with my hair so I typed relaxed hair in Google.

Denise11

I was googled remedies for dry hair, and there it was. Honestly, my first thought was: come on, you don't have to do all of that, that's silly! But the more I read, the more everything made sense. And shortly I was HOOKED!!!! I hadnt even seen the ladies progress or fotkis yet! I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas present!!!!!!! Thank you all!!!!!!

Miniaturemom

I did a google search for 'detangling relaxed hair' and found an LHCF thread (that I can no longer find). There were so many suggestions. I took notes and using some of the suggestions was able to minimize the breakage. I joined within the week.

taj

I found out about LHCF through an Internet Search.:grin: I was trying to find a former stylist who use to work in NJ, but lived in Harlem. I never found her, but I found LHCF!!!

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
I was having some breakage issues back in 2004, so I typed something like "how to stop hair breakage" in Google ... and the rest is history.

Vinyl

Internet search, I can't remember exactly how though. I think it was after a stylist cut my hair without my permission, I was devastated and started doing all the hair growth research I could.

heyfranz

My daughter's hair grows fast and she couldn't figure out why it wasn't sweeping the floor - LOL. She started searching the internet for managing new growth and it led her here. She started sharing with me, and we read everything we could find by Sistaslick, and that led me here

gorgeous86

My daughter's hair grows fast and she couldn't figure out why it wasn't sweeping the floor - LOL. She started searching the internet for managing new growth and it led her here. She started sharing with me, and we read everything we could find by Sistaslick, and that led me here

Yeah, her articles are excellent!! :yep:

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
I wish I paid attention....I know I google dsomething with hair care while I was in weaves and braids, and came across the forum a couple years ago, but brushed it off. Came out the braids/weaves, came across the forum, and still nothing clicked. Then most recently I was just sick of my hair being all over my clothes, floor, sink, combs, stuck on the dog. And started googling breakage/split ends, saw the forum, and like others been addicted ever since, and kicking myself for not coming sooner :wallbash:. Better late then never.:rolleyes:

ajacks

I was browsing at the BSS and some girl and I started talking about hair. She suggested I buy Motions CPR and Surge and also check out this site. It was on after that. Too bad I don't know her username, but thanks whoever you are :grin:

Last edited:

DarkHair

DivineFavor is my friend and she always talks about LHCF, coconut oil, stretching, etc. I didn't know what the hoozit she was talking about. I was like 'stretching? I stretch relaxers by putting them in the freezer.' Once I joined, I was hooked. There is great knowledge here. Sad that we can't share it all with 'close-minded' people.

ladytee2

I was trying to take a break from the stylist. I had color damage and I wanted to save some money so I did an internet search. I cant remember what I looked up but this was one of the first sites I came to and I have been hooked ever since.

wannabelong

I was on another board that's totally unrelated to hair and someone asked a current member about their hair and she referred them to LHCF and I went the site too. I've been hooked ever since.

2inspireU

I found it through a friend on LJ that had a friend on the board. I was just clicking random profiles when I saw the link. At first I ignored it because I thought it was for relaxed heads only, and I was natural at the time. However, out of sheer boredom I decided to see what it was all about, and boy am I glad I did.

prospurr4

I was visiting my regular fitness forum and reading a thread discussing haircare for those who exercise regularly. Another member (an AA woman) posted that she had a hair regimen (I had never heard that term before.) and was also a member of a hair forum and posted the link. I clicked on it and was led here. I am so glad I did. I wish I could remember that lady's name because I would love to thank her.

Princess Tam Tam

Internet Search

I was looking for info on transitioningfrom relaxed hair to natural hair.

Oddly enough I remember finding this site about two or three years ago googling black hair. But, I didn't read anything. I can't remember why. Anyway, during the summer I went on vacation and I spent a whole month reading all the info about natural hair on LHCF. I soaked my brain up with all the knowledge. I came back to the States feeling confident that I could take care of my natural hair.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS

Co-signing on the Sistaslick articles. I think that also led me to do more research which ultimately led me here.

EOAA

I was watching a hair video on youtube......
and she mention this site.... I forgot who it was though