POLL: So....How Did You Find Out About LHCF?

So...How did you find out about LHCF?

• Friend

Votes: 25 6.1%
  • Family

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Internet Search

Votes: 279 68.0%
  • Hair Blog/Fotki

Votes: 44 10.7%
  • Other

Votes: 52 12.7%

• Total voters

Brownie518

I was looking for ways to combat my severe breakage and LHCF came up in the search list. It has been great!:yep:

doll-baby

I was looking for ways to care for my daughter's hair (outside of using doogro) on an internet search and found LHCF.

wheezy807

Internet search.

I was really looking for the wanakee site and i couldn't remember the address for the site so i googled something like "long black hair" or "african american haircare." Then actually ezboard popped up - blackhairblackbeauty. I was there for a couple of months and i kept seeing post mentioning lhcf. One lady actually started a thread on "how do i register on lhcf", lol. So one day i decided to check it out and i fell in love and i've been here ever since.

Last edited:

TexturedTresses

I was trying to learn how to do my hair on my own and not be so dependant on stylists. Also, I was taking swimming classes and wanted to learn what to do. Well first I found macherieamour's site and a whole bunch of other hair blogs which led me to here. I lurked for a while and officially joined in July.

Eisani

I was a mod on another hair board and would always see those initials LHCF and I would be like, eh? Then once I started exploring more Fotki's and seeing it, so before I started asking questions, I googled it and the rest is history :grin:.

Google can be your best friend...

Brees_hair

It been so long ago, I was looking for techniques to grow my hair. I did a google search and one site, lead to another and I eventually found lhcf. One of the best internet sites I ever found.

CheLala13

I was lookiing for reviews on Aubrey's Organics and an LHCF thread popped up! I'm glad that happened.

BeautifulFlower

My SO made comments about loving long hair and asked me why I cut my hair. Hair growth is really that simple to men: "If you want long hair, then why do you cut it then put a weave in it?"...LOL!

Anyway, I wanted to know if I could do something to learn how to care of black hair like the salons do. I googled and I found a Feature of the Month. Then I gave up my $5 and I'm so glad I did.

ajiamarie

I searched Google for a way to stop my breakage back in 2005, signed up loved it, got results but didn't renew. 3 years later, the old habits were back and so the breakage was back and another Google search made me re-subscribe. I swear I will never stray again!

BeautifulFlower

I was a mod on another hair board and would always see those initials LHCF and I would be like, eh? Then once I started exploring more Fotki's and seeing it, so before I started asking questions, I googled it and the rest is history :grin:.

Google can be your best friend...

So so true...:grin:

Barbara

Princess
It was slow at the office, and I had to try to make myself look busy instead of reading a book. So I logged into Yahoo and typed “Black Hair Care,” and several websites came up. It was all foreign to me. I logged into LHCF without even noticing where I was. I clicked on the “Feature of the Month” thread, and I started reading the profiles.

A few weeks later, it was slow at the office again, and I kept trying to find this board even though I didn’t know the name. I was in the correct website, but I wasn’t in the Feature of the Month thread--so I really didn’t know that FOTM was in the same website that I was already in, because I didn’t know the name of the website. It took me three weeks to find the Feature of the Month section, not knowing that I had been in other parts of Long Hair Care Forum looking for it.

When I finally found it, I jot down the website address. Later it occurred to me that there were other boards within LHCF. When I arrived home, I printed out all those FOTM profiles starting from 2002 to 2004, and saved them in a folder. Unfortunately, those profiles aren’t on this website anymore.

NappturalWomyn

Totally, completely, entirely, blatantly...by accident. I was googling trader joe's conditioner and ended up here. Haven't left since...

trenise

I decided I was going to learn how to take care of my hair and started googling. I found several other hair care sites before this one and a couple after. I also found someone's fotki and she had very long hair and "friends" who had very long hair and those pictures were my first inspirations. In between that and Youtube hair videos, I made my way back to LHCF. After seeing all of the photos and videos I started to really believe I could grow my hair and that LHCF was the place to show me how.

audacity.

a stylist hacked off all my hair (with my permission of course) and it was cute for about 2 weeks and then i wanted my hair back...

i googled something like how to grow black hair fast and, though it wasn't the first hit (see i'm persistent), i found my beloved lhcf...:love3:

productjunkie814

I googled "coconut and lime" to see if I could tame my new growth. Found the thread, saw some gorgeous heads of natural and relaxed hair, started considering going natural, lurked for a few months, decided to transition and subscribed! Went over the natural side in April 2008! Thank god for this site...so much knowledge on all topics, so much inspiration both natural and relaxed!

SEMO

I found it while doing a Google search for hair information about how to go natural successfully.

jazzyto

I was actually googling "how to cornrow" when it took me to youtube for some reason regimens for Ateeya and Marcherimour(sp? ) came up. I was a member of healthy textures for a couple months (when it was free) and then joined LHCF.

beans4reezy

I got like three inches of hair hacked off...read Cathy Howses book and realized that I WAS NOT taking good care of my hair. So everytime I did an internet search for black hair care topics, this website came up. After lurking for like two days:lachen:..I realized this forum covers EVERYTHING! Now here I am and sooooo happy to be a part of this!

Kutie85

I found bhm through google first and all the post there referred to lhcf all the time. I got annoyed one day and decided to come over here and see what this forum was all about. I haven't been back on the other forum since then.

ART11

We belonged to another site back in 2000 or thereabout - longhairlovers or something and the white women were unkind and unhelpful so Beverly was gracious enough to create this site just for us. :)

Dannibear86

I did a Google search for info on Phyto and this site was close to the top of the list. That was in sept/oct. I lurked for a few months and joined earlier this month and can not get enough... you ladies are wonderful and so helpful... I love this site !!! :yep:

BeautifulRoots

I did a google search for info on how to take care of long african american hair (something along those lines) and long hair care forum came up...I lurked for a few months, then had too many questions in my mind, so I decided to join.

SleepyJean

I had a bald spot from a touch-up, and I thought it would NEVER grow back. I was researching ways to grow hair in that spot again. then... I found lhcf. I stayed on for three hours. I joined 3 months later... after lurking FOREVER.