PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patricia

Yes, please add me too. Thanks. Nexxus Emergencee really makes a difference for my hair. I just started using it weekly because i noticed my hair was too mushy and weak. It's kinda pricey for that small bottle, but you don't need to use alot per treatment. Definitely worth the cost. :yep:
OK WILL DO! THANKS FOR THE GOOD REVIEW ON THE EMERGENCEE PRODUCT:yep:

Patricia

Add me too, please!

shampoos:
Lanza healing strength
Lanza healing moisture

conditioners:
Lanza healing strength
Lanza healing moisture
Colorful neutral protein filler
Designer Touch equilibrium moisture balance
OK WILL DO. REMEMBER TO RATE YOUR HAIR EXPERIENCE FOR THE WEEK:yawn:

Patricia

So far this week....

WHAT TYPE OF PROTEIN YOU USE?
Nexxus Emergencee, left it on till it got hard then rinsed and conditioned.

HOW YOUR HAIR FEEL ON A SCALE FROM 1-10?
6/7.... Noticed improvement but still have a long way to go.

WHAT CHANGES CAN BE MADE TO ACHIEVE A 10?
I'm going to add a protein shampoo and maybe another mild protein conditioner during the week.
I BOUGHT APHOGEE SHAMPOO AND USED IT. MAYBE I DID SOMETHING WRONG CAUSE MY HAIR WAS NOT FEELING IT. I WILL TRY IT AGAIN CAUSE I USE IT AFTER I NEUTRALIZED. I'M GOING TO GIVE IT A FAIR CHANCE. I'M STILL HOOKED ON THE GARNIER LONG AND STRONG THOUGH. IF I DON'T LIKE IT, I WILL DEF MIX IT IN WITH A MOISTURIZING SHAMPOO TO USE IT UP.

Patricia

I will do it however, I will not do it once a week. I only do my Apoghee 2 min. Reconstrutor every 6-8 weeks.
Oh yes by all means. You want to keep your hair healthy. Use protein when your hair needs it. My hair is not at its peak in health and I'm rebuilding it weekly. I imagine when I get to the point where my hair is in tip top shape. I probably will not need protein as much. SO YOU IN THE CHALLENGE?

LivingDoll

Sorry...didn't answer the questions.

Aphogee 2 min & SE Hair Mayo

There was a noticeable difference afterward. My hair felt stronger but still soft. I still had lots of hair shedding during detangling though. I'm just going to continue with regular mild/moderate protein use. Before last week, I only used protein at touch-up time. Never in between. I think it will take some time to repair.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
:bouncegre:bouncegre:bouncegre
I ADDED YOU. THATS STRANGE THAT YOUR HAIR FELT HARD LAST NIGHT AND SOFT THIS MORNING. GOOD FOR YOU. TAKE BABY STEPS AND BALANCE EVERYTHING OUT

Same thing I thought. There were some other steps/products (Elasta DRR11 on dry hair for my DC, and my cowash condish). But just felt hard.

Aggie

I know that protein can reduce breaking hair but it sounds like it slowed shedding for some of you too? I didn't think protein affected shedding. Any thoughts?

Hi Muse, I use protein for breakage and garlic oil/supplements for shedding. Just a note of caution though, protein can mend breakage but if used excessively, can also cause breakage, so again please remember to properly balance out how much protein/moisture your hair needs before overdoing it, okay? Hope this helps.

Aggie

I will do it however, I will not do it once a week. I only do my Apoghee 2 min. Reconstrutor every 6-8 weeks.

HF, are you sure it's the Aphogee 2 minute reconstrucor or the 2 step treatment for damaged hair that you use every 6-8 weeks:perplexed?

Omg, thank you for starting this challange. I'm def in and will do a Aphogee Shampoo and 2min reconstructor treatment this sunday, because my hair really needs it. It's been kind of thin lately due to 5 days of trying to find the right regime for me. Guess what I also found out? Whenever I used protein my hair was always shiny, full, thick and bouncy especially with a flat iron... Whenever I did just moisture, my hair was always dull and limp. So yes, Protein is my BEST FRIEND!! :)

Patricia

Sorry...didn't answer the questions.

Aphogee 2 min & SE Hair Mayo

There was a noticeable difference afterward. My hair felt stronger but still soft. I still had lots of hair shedding during detangling though. I'm just going to continue with regular mild/moderate protein use. Before last week, I only used protein at touch-up time. Never in between. I think it will take some time to repair.
I UNDERSTAND IT GOING TO TAKE TIME FOR ME TOO! APHOGEE 2MIN IS A GREAT PRODUCT AND WORKS WONDERS FOR A LOT OF LADIES BUT FOR MY MESSED UP HAIR I HAVE TO USE A STRONGER TYPE PROTEIN. I BALANCE IT OUT TOO! I JUST FOUND I WAS OVERDOING IT WITH MOISTURE. I'M DEF NOT MOISTURE BASHING CAUSE I MIX MOISTURE WITH MY PROTEIN PRODUCTS BUT I FOUND I DON'T NEED TO MOISTURISE BUT A COUPLE TIMES PER WEEK.

Patricia

Hi Muse, I use protein for breakage and garlic oil/supplements for shedding. Just a note of caution though, protein can mend breakage but if used excessively, can also cause breakage, so again please remember to properly balance out how much protein/moisture your hair needs before overdoing it, okay? Hope this helps.

LADIES PLEASE DON'T THINK THIS IS AN ANTI MOISTURIZE THREAD. WE HAVE TO MOISTURIZE. IT HAS GREATLY BENEFITTED ME TO USE PROTEIN AND MOISTURE TOGETHER. WE DON'T WANT OVERLOADS TO HAPPEN. SO IF YOU NOT EXPERIENCED WITH USING PROTEIN TAKE BABY STEPS AND GRADUALLY INCREASE UNTIL YOUR HAIR HAS REACHED ITS OPTIMUM LEVEL OF HEALTH. LISTEN TO YOUR HAIR DO NOT STOP USING MOISTURE PRODUCTS.

Last edited:

BlondeByDesire

OK I ADDED YOU. Keep me posted on how the garlic pills work out for you. How did the emergencee treatment work? dont 4get to rate how your hair feels on a scale of 1-10 weekly. thanks:yep:

For questions:

Emergencee w/heat

Not sure yet, still testing the waters. After treatment my hair felt strong and moist. I still noticed shed hairs (maybe this was normal). I know that my hair do much better when I rollerset - rather than airdry. I may continue this to see how that works out. I can certainly say as of today my shedding for this week was significantly reduced. I'm happy about that.

Hersheygurl

Oh no, there's nothing wrong with the brand. Joico is an awesome product, however I see your dilemma here. You have been using too much protein and not enough moisture at all. This is a :nono:. What I would suggest is that you follow up every single protein treatment with a moisturizing deep conditioner fro about 30 minutes with heat if you can.

Also do not put the conditioners on your scalp but your hair only, if you do put them on your scalp, it would cause itching. Only shampoo goes on the scalp, okay honey?

First things first though, clarify your hair to remove any build up you might have, and only give yourself a moisturizing deep conditioner for a couple of weeks, no protein until you get the elasticity back in your hair. You can not use only protein poos and conditioners - you're setting yourself up for failure. You have to have a lot of moisture too. Do you moisturize your hair between washes with a water-based moisturizer? This is also a critical step with our hair.

Aggie, thank you so much! I feel so dumb! I applied the conditioner like a relaxer, and I am sure I got it too close to my scalp, which no doubt caused the itching. With the protein, can I do it on dry hair, then shampoo and condition? I think I will stick with Joico, but will not keep the protein shampoo and conditioner. It is too much. I will just get the K-Pak reconstructor and use moisturizing shampoos like Humetress or something. I'll only moisturize the next wash, and clarify. ( not sure which clarifying poo to try) Does this sound okay?

I had been a little lazy with moisturizing, but after my wash last night, I moisturized with Kercare conditioning hairdress. Will keep this up as well. Bless you!

ladycage

Please add me to the challenge, I apply MT to my scalp daily but I will use a protein dc once a week and also a dc moisturizer.

JDandBeyond

Aggie, thank you so much! I feel so dumb! I applied the conditioner like a relaxer, and I am sure I got it too close to my scalp, which no doubt caused the itching. With the protein, can I do it on dry hair, then shampoo and condition? I think I will stick with Joico, but will not keep the protein shampoo and conditioner. It is too much. I will just get the K-Pak reconstructor and use moisturizing shampoos like Humetress or something. I'll only moisturize the next wash, and clarify. ( not sure which clarifying poo to try) Does this sound okay?

I had been a little lazy with moisturizing, but after my wash last night, I moisturized with Kercare conditioning hairdress. Will keep this up as well. Bless you!

If you like Nexxus Humectress I suggest Nexxus Aloe Rid for clarifying. Although I have nothing to compare it to (it was the first clarifying shampoo I ever tried, I liked it and stuck with it), it does not leave a "stripped" feeling like many people claim they get after using a clarifying poo, but my hair still feels squeaky clean and build up free. :drunk:

Aggie

I have a question, would a henna treatment to cover my gray be considered a protein treatment?

Oh no it won't, but henna is tricky. It acts like a protein because of it's strengthening properties but it in and of itself is not a protein treatment. I would suggest though that you always follow one up with a very moisturizing deep conditioner but do not neglect to resume your regular protein regimen a week or so later.

Aggie

Omg, thank you for starting this challange. I'm def in and will do a Aphogee Shampoo and 2min reconstructor treatment this sunday, because my hair really needs it. It's been kind of thin lately due to 5 days of trying to find the right regime for me. Guess what I also found out? Whenever I used protein my hair was always shiny, full, thick and bouncy especially with a flat iron... Whenever I did just moisture, my hair was always dull and limp. So yes, Protein is my BEST FRIEND!! :)

You know, this very same thing is happening to my hair as well since incorporating proteins into my regimen on a regular basis. My hair loves it:lick:.

Aggie

[/size]
LADIES PLEASE DON'T THINK THIS IS AN ANTI MOISTURIZE THREAD. WE HAVE TO MOISTURIZE. IT HAS GREATLY BENEFITTED ME TO USE PROTEIN AND MOISTURE TOGETHER. WE DON'T WANT OVERLOADS TO HAPPEN. SO IF YOU NOT EXPERIENCED WITH USING PROTEIN TAKE BABY STEPS AND GRADUALLY INCREASE UNTIL YOUR HAIR HAS REACHED ITS OPTIMUM LEVEL OF HEALTH. LISTEN TO YOUR HAIR DO NOT STOP USING MOISTURE PRODUCTS.

Awesome advice Patricia:yep:.

AceH

OMG, my hair :heart2: Aphogee! I saw Ateya's vids on youtube, so I started using Apoghee and now my hair has much bounce and swaaaaang! I've been after the "swang" for YEARS and I finally have it thanks to light protein :yay:

Aggie

Doing a protein treatment on dry hair is an awesome idea for now. I would suggest giving your hair a break from proteins for about 2 weeks and concentrate on getting your hair's moisture level up in that time and the third week, use the protein on dry hair, poo, then DC with something moisturizing. Remember to keep the conditioners off your scalp as best you can.

As far as the clarifying poo, I use Elucence clarifying poo which I bought from www.curlmart.com and Mizani Puriphying poo. Another mild one is Kenra clarifying poo, all Suave and v05 poos are used as clarifying poos, and Nexxus aloe rid, I think it's called.

Lastly, increase the amount of times you moisturize your hair. You should be doing this at least once a day with a water-based moisturizer like UBH moisturizing hair lotion, even Nexxus Humectress is good moisturizer, and BB Oil Moisturizer are a few you can try. You can seal in your moisture with castor oil, sweet almond oil, EVOO, jojoba or any other natural oil of your choice.

Last edited:

Highly Favored8

Oh yes by all means. You want to keep your hair healthy. Use protein when your hair needs it. My hair is not at its peak in health and I'm rebuilding it weekly. I imagine when I get to the point where my hair is in tip top shape. I probably will not need protein as much. SO YOU IN THE CHALLENGE?
:yep:,:yep:,:yep: add me please:yep:

tgrowe

My hair was breaking and shedding and I was about to go and have my neck lenght/ top of shoulders hair cut all off. Not to gain attention, but I was just that frustrated. I am currently seven weeks post and I am learning to deal with my NG. Last night I decided I am going to win this battle cuz a sister was about to relax or chop it off. It was late, I had to go to work the next day, and I did't have any Aphogee Two step or Nexxus Emergencee. I used a good ol' egg mixed with Pantene R&N Deep mask and coconut/olive oils. My hair was really hard afterwards; I mean I really had to let my moisturizing condish and some Aussie moist sit on hair to regain some slip. Afterwards I applied HE LTR and sealed with jojoba oil and wrapped my hair. This morning after unwrapping my hair, I used hot rollers and was so pleased with the shine and strength. Even my Dh commented on the shine in my hair.

mahogany_horizons

AGAIN, PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND. I COULDN'T WAIT TO WASH ANYMORE LOL...so i did, anddddddd, i deep conditioned with silk elements hair mayo repair.....to correct a problem with OVERMOISTURIZING......I LOVEEEEEEEEE MY HAIR AGAIN!

protein, when coupled with a good moisturizing conditioner is everyone's friend :)

Patricia

Please add me to the challenge, I apply MT to my scalp daily but I will use a protein dc once a week and also a dc moisturizer.
WILL DO! HOW IS THE MT WORKING FOR YOU? DON'T 4GET TO CK IN WEEKLY AND RATE YOUR HAIR:yep::yep:. A CUTE SIGGY YOU HAVE:yep:

Status
Not open for further replies.