Protein Queens: Challenge

LushLox

Do you deep condition after using this? When I use it on relaxer day, it's fine. When I use it on a regular wash day, my hair is so tangled after rinsing it out. Even when I deep condition after, it doesn't help.

That’s interesting because my hair is very well detangled and even feels quite silky after using this treatment. Regardless I always follow up with a moisture DC.

Maybe it’s because the Affirm is quite sticky. Do you use it with heat? I always do and for 30 minutes as per the instructions.

gemruby41

That’s interesting because my hair is very well detangled and even feels quite silky after using this treatment. Regardless I always follow up with a moisture DC.

Maybe it’s because the Affirm is quite sticky. Do you use it with heat? I always do and for 30 minutes as per the instructions.
I've tried with and without heat. It feels silky going on, but tangled rinsing out. How often do you use it?

Aggie

This week I will be:

-Detoxing with Nairobi Detox shampoo
-Coloring with henna
-Stand Alone Alfaparf Bond Rebuilder followed by the Scalp and Fiber Restorer to normalize the pH
-Tea Rinsing with Horsetail, Hops, Rosemary and Sage tea under my deep conditioner.
-Deep conditioning with a combination of SSI Restore and Repair Hair Mask and SSI Curl Moist Conditioner
- Leave-in with Komaza Care Aloe My Hair Leave-in Conditioner
-Style will be bunning for the week.

PlanetCybertron

Hair (type, length, porosity, density)
What kind of proteins will you be using?
What products containing protein will you be using?
How often will you use it?
If you currently have a protein rich regimen, how do you feel it has benefitted you?

Hair: Relaxed, Fine, 33 inches, highly porous, fairly dense.

Kinds of protein: Collagen and Ceramides

How often: every 3-4 days

Benefits: Adds weight to my fine strands, gives 2x more integrity and strength to my older ends, coating, moisture treatments take 100% better, less breakage, easier/quicker detangling, less frizz.

PlanetCybertron

Used my protein and Shea butter mix.

I have braids in right now, so I just coat them individually from the middle on down to my ends.

Maybe 2-3 times a week.

Aggie

I used some Dominican Magic Fortifying Deep Conditioner today mixed with Follicle Care Cayena Wood DC - these left my hair feeling very strong. Although, next time I will follow these up with Naturelle Grow Rose Clay Deep Conditioner for added moisture.

Last edited: