Quicker, less damaging blow drying?

soslychic

I read in sophisticates that to blow dry your hair, you should first prime it with a blow dry lotion or heat protectant and then sit under the dryer for about 10 minutes and then blow dry the rest of the way dry. It says that you'll not only get a lot more body that way, but also that it is less damaging than regular blow drying all the way because you're using direct heat for a less period of time? Has anyone tried this or does anyone agree? It seems to make sense to me...

GinuwinesBoo

sounds good to me i havent blow dried in a while but the last time i did i let it air dry for about an hour or 2 then i sprayed in more leave in and oils and combed it with my wide tooth comb while i blow dried.

miss_brown

My stylist swears by this, but it can have its downside, especially for natural hair if the hair dries all the way. Although the hair is stronger when dry, if it completely dries, you have to almost rake through it (thus causing breakage) to blow it out straight. For instance, my hair shrinks when it dries, so to use the comb attachment while blowing out really poses a problem because the hair's no longer pliable and refuses to stretch without the use of force.

Nessa

yup that is great, I may try doin that too. I heard Kera Care Blow dry lotion was good. Pink Oil Mosturizer is good also.

cutebajangirl

Yes this is good, the one time I had my hair dried straight this is how it was done and it was the best my hair has ever looked. Nessa be careful that Pink Oil stuff isn't so good.

soslychic

thanks cutebajangirl.
Yea Nessa, careful, personal experience that stuff dries, snaps, and breaks hair (at least mine)

sweetcocoa

I think it sounds okay as long as you don't over do it. I'm also looking into one of the ionic dryers...they are supposed to be better than the old blow dryers.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
I think it sounds okay as long as you don't over do it. I'm also looking into one of the ionic dryers...they are supposed to be better than the old blow dryers.

[/ QUOTE ]
How much do they cost?

Allandra

I've had this done in the past. It definitely cuts down on blow drying, and I don't think it's too bad for my hair (every once in a while).

sweetcocoa

[ QUOTE ]
interesting. how are ionic blow dryers supposed to be different?

[/ QUOTE ]
They are suppose to dry hair guicker with less heat...I copied this from another page...

<font color="blue">Ions are electrically charged molecules that exist naturally in the atmosphere. Negatively charged ions assist in breaking down water molecules into micro-fine particles. Ionic tools contain a built-in generator that creates a steady stream of negatively charged ions so hair can dry faster. These negatively charged ions also smooth and close the hair cuticle, leaving hair shiny and frizz-free </font>