Relaxed Hair Thread

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
PJaye

Darcy's is the truth. I love the daily leave in as a moisturizer on straight or air dried hair as it has good water content for my hair.

Now the LTC, I'm in the air with. I loved LTC as a leave-in until I used SD wheat germ butter. I refuse to give up my LTC because it never does me dirty, but I have a weird feeling LTC will be my staple during certain seasons while WGBC will trump in others. Some months, I might need aloe more than ceramides. That's my view.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

FelaShrine

Lol @ Pjaye I guess I wasnt slick enough :lol:

I got the Pom conditioner actrually! in my order..havent used it yet but i thought it was a regula conditioner? does it double as a leave-in?

PJaye

Lol @ Pjaye I guess I wasnt slick enough :lol:

I got the Pom conditioner actrually! in my order..havent used it yet but i thought it was a regula conditioner? does it double as a leave-in?

@FelaShrine

For me, it does. I read reviews stating that it performed better as a leave-in, so I ordered an 8oz bottle in order to conduct a bit of "reasearch". I've been in love ever since. Give it a try and see what you think.

FelaShrine

Thanks PJaye! I hope it works as a great leave-in for relaxed hair and I ravce about it like you. I am surprised you like it so much seeing that 1st ingredient is AVJ as opposed to water like the avocado

anyway
Im already thinking of the next haul :lol: more avocado..I do wanna try the marshmellow cream..and maybe the tahiti spray

beloved1bx

I relaxed my hair last week Friday at 16 weeks post (my longest stretch). I switched stylists with my March relaxer and the new stylist uses lineage shea butter hair lye relaxer. The hair that's relaxed with Lineage is so much smoother than the rest of my (porous) hair. The rest of my hair feels rougher when you run your hand down a strand, and refuses to hold moisture. So I'm looking forward to continuing Lineage. I didn't feel like there was added length, but when I looked at the pic from March I can see that there is a bit of a difference. I feel like I've been stuck at this length for 2 years though, so I'm really going to try and be diligent about my hair routine for the rest of the year. I had a really bad set back at the beginning of the year. I already shed more than I would like but for some reason it was overkill Feb-March. I could feel that the density of my hair changed. The shedding combined with a previous underprocessed relaxer causes serious breakage. I'll have to continue with mini trims, but I am happy that my ends look a lot better now.

Attachments

• bb8d7cf1-c620-4065-94a5-ad5fa9d69429wallpaper.jpg
    bb8d7cf1-c620-4065-94a5-ad5fa9d69429wallpaper.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 91
  • 20130331_225340.jpg
    20130331_225340.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 20130723_222538.jpg
    20130723_222538.jpg
    395.2 KB · Views: 76

PJaye

Thanks @PJaye! I hope it works as a great leave-in for relaxed hair and I ravce about it like you. I am surprised you like it so much seeing that 1st ingredient is AVJ as opposed to water like the avocado

anyway
Im already thinking of the next haul :lol: more avocado..I do wanna try the marshmellow cream..and maybe the tahiti spray

FelaShrine

I hope that it works well for you, too. I can handle AVJ in creamy conditioners, but sparingly elsewhere.

Uh-oh...looking forward to the next haul = a burgeoning PJ.:lol:

navila

I have no idea what to do about this shedding. I keep a really good protein/moisture balance, I moisturize and seal, I cover my hair with a scarf every night....maybe I'm just a shedder

mschristine- Go to your doctor and have them check your vitamin D level. Most Americans lack vitamin D and are not even aware of it.
Some symptoms might be: Hair loss, Dry skin, Aching muscles, Depression, Lack of energy and more.
It was truly an Aha moment when I discovered that I was deficient in vitamin D.
My doctor did a blood test for me and found out that my vitamin D was dangerously low. She prescribed 50000 ui vitamin D pills to take once a week. I'm on my second week, will take the third one tomorrow, and my shedding have significantly decreased.
Tea and garlic treatments are only temporary. You need to find the root of the problem if you are experiencing excessive shedding.
Hope this help.

FelaShrine

Just figured out that my hair is low porosity. Wish I found out before buying that Roux porosity conditioner couple of weeks back

divachyk I saw your post on low porosity on your blog. Very informative. Thank you I subscribed.

I always DC..gonna look for more tips. Mad i just found this out.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Just figured out that my hair is low porosity. Wish I found out before buying that Roux porosity conditioner couple of weeks back

divachyk I saw your post on low porosity on your blog. Very informative. Thank you I subscribed.

I always DC..gonna look for more tips. Mad i just found this out.

I've used it but only for slip and I make sure I have a TON of DC over it so that it doesn't set in my hair. And after a relaxer. Otherwise, that stuff is dangerous.

FelaShrine

I've used it but only for slip and I make sure I have a TON of DC over it so that it doesn't set in my hair. And after a relaxer. Otherwise, that stuff is dangerous.

Do you use it mid step after relaxer? like before neutralizer (the way some people use a protein treatment) or how?

TIA

SuchaLady

JOICO Moisture Recovery Balm and and a dallop of leave in is making my hair ridiculously easy to manage. Why did I wait so long to try this stuff?

AlliCat

Stretch is going well, at least 2 more months to go. It would be cool to stretch long enough for my new growth to start forming a pattern as opposed to just being fuzzy with random texture here and there lol

mshoneyfly

Oh brother :roll eyes: I need to dust my ends. I hate doing this bc my hair is not that long so I have to stand in the mirror and it takes a long time!!

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Any ladies on the board obsessed with grammar and the 'passive voice'? PM ME. I need your help. Thanks! (Note: I don't like starting new threads - I'm shy!) :grin:

mshoneyfly

I relaxed my hair last week Friday at 16 weeks post (my longest stretch). I switched stylists with my March relaxer and the new stylist uses lineage shea butter hair lye relaxer. The hair that's relaxed with Lineage is so much smoother than the rest of my (porous) hair. The rest of my hair feels rougher when you run your hand down a strand, and refuses to hold moisture. So I'm looking forward to continuing Lineage. I didn't feel like there was added length, but when I looked at the pic from March I can see that there is a bit of a difference. I feel like I've been stuck at this length for 2 years though, so I'm really going to try and be diligent about my hair routine for the rest of the year. I had a really bad set back at the beginning of the year. I already shed more than I would like but for some reason it was overkill Feb-March. I could feel that the density of my hair changed. The shedding combined with a previous underprocessed relaxer causes serious breakage. I'll have to continue with mini trims, but I am happy that my ends look a lot better now.

Wowee!! Thats some major retention!! Nice job. You must have a killer regimen!

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Do you use it mid step after relaxer? like before neutralizer (the way some people use a protein treatment) or how?

TIA

I use it after neutralizing. Specifically because it targets for after chemical service. I'm sure my hair is normalized and neutralized but I still get a bit paranoid. It's really a precaution but it hardens the heck outta my hair that I have to leave a DC on for a while with heat to make it feel better.

sweetvi

I relaxed about two weeks ago at the salon, trimmed, and put in a weave install that was glued to a cap on my head. My hair was braided underneath. When I took my hair out, detangled with oil, then washed, I noticed a significant amount of hair fell out during the wash. I wonder what could of been the problem? maybe I did not detangle enough or I did not do a wash after relaxing my hair ( I waited two weeks to remove the weave)??

I have a pixie cut Im trying to grow out and I feel like the length I accumulated in two weeks are gone.... oh well back to the drawing board but I just want to make sure I don't make the same mistake again

I have been using the same relaxer. I think it is called serenity ( don't shoot me lol) but it is not BSS brand

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Any ladies on the board obsessed with grammar and the 'passive voice'? PM ME. I need your help. Thanks! (Note: I don't like starting new threads - I'm shy!) :grin:
pre_medicalrulz, I am not obsessed with grammar and voice. I feel it is a hair board where folks are just looking to have fun. Many log in from e-devices that cause typos etc. If I can decode my sister & sister in law choppy, slang text messages, I can read posts without issue. :grin: Are you concerned about your writing or other posters?

does anyone use the Oyin burnt sugar pomade as a relaxer scalp base?
I only use it for sealing in my moisturizer TopShelf.

I want to take a look at your blog! Where can I find it if you don't mind me asking?? TIA!
Sure thing! It's http://relaxedthairapy.blogspot.com. SincerelyBeautiful Thank you for the support.