Relaxed Hair Thread

Evolving78

I'm going to get a shower filter today and I will not be using no lye relaxers anymore. Those two things are what's keeping me to wash my hair more often, due to the buildup of products, calcium, minerals, etc... I use good products and deep condition twice a week, but can't seem to get the moisture my hair needs. The hard water is the main culprit.

simplyconfident

Y'all I keep wanting to try the WNG scrunch on my longer hair. It's the style I wore when my hair was shorter. But I think I want to continue growing out my bone straight ends some more before I rock that style. I plan to be full WL next summer and I think it'll look great then. :grin:

In the meantime, I think I've found a wig I will rock when I leave the house. I'm in love! It's shaped like my natural hair (though not the same texture) so I feel good rocking it. I'm gonna alternate rocking wigs with rocking twist extensions until November. Then I'm going to relax and rock my hair for the holidays.

I think I'll go back into PSing after the new year until May when I'll texlax again. May is mine and DH's birth month, our wedding anniversary and then there's Mother's Day and Memorial Day. Not to mention, it's when the weather tends to be decent.

So here's my new wig :cupidarrow::

love it. Do you have a link to it?

MzSwift

@simplyconfident

Yes ma'am, sure do! Looks like it's sold out but sometimes on Amazon, you can find another vendor selling the same product under a different name.

BTW, the wig is so light, bouncy and natural feeling. I bought another curly one on there and it was just heavy and itchy!

Here's the link:

Last edited:

Evolving78

I'm over non sulfate shampoos! The only one I may still use is by Keracare. That's it. I used the Design Essentials Almond and avocado. I really like that shampoo, but after chelating my hair, I used it and I could literally feel a coating on my hands and hair after rinsing. I had to get back in the shower, use the hard water shampoo to remove that, then follow with Design Essentials honey Creme shampoo (that has sulfates).
The hard water shampoo didn't feel stripping at all. My hair and scalp felt nice and clean. I will use that once a month. I will stick to the non sulfate shampoo for my kids. It's a detangling shampoo, so that's why it leaves a coating.
So no to non sulfates and no to no-lye relaxers. I'm done with the product buildup.

Betterdaysahead

Y'all I keep wanting to try the WNG scrunch on my longer hair. It's the style I wore when my hair was shorter. But I think I want to continue growing out my bone straight ends some more before I rock that style. I plan to be full WL next summer and I think it'll look great then. :grin:

In the meantime, I think I've found a wig I will rock when I leave the house. I'm in love! It's shaped like my natural hair (though not the same texture) so I feel good rocking it. I'm gonna alternate rocking wigs with rocking twist extensions until November. Then I'm going to relax and rock my hair for the holidays.

I think I'll go back into PSing after the new year until May when I'll texlax again. May is mine and DH's birth month, our wedding anniversary and then there's Mother's Day and Memorial Day. Not to mention, it's when the weather tends to be decent.

View media item 129323View media item 129321View media item 129319

That wig looks really good on you

Evolving78

yeah lineage isnt agreeing with my hair anymore.

maybe I give mizani a try.
I would have gotten Mizani, but I was on a budget! lol I wasn't going to get Butter Blends though. Too much stuff in it for me. I was going to get Rhelaxer in normal. Once I finish this Creme of Nature, I may buy that next.

Alma Petra

View media item 129323View media item 129321View media item 129319

This is crazy beautiful! This is the first time I ever feel a real desire to wear a wig! It's sad that it's not available :(

SugarSweetCoco**

I'm over non sulfate shampoos! The only one I may still use is by Keracare. That's it. I used the Design Essentials Almond and avocado. I really like that shampoo, but after chelating my hair, I used it and I could literally feel a coating on my hands and hair after rinsing. I had to get back in the shower, use the hard water shampoo to remove that, then follow with Design Essentials honey Creme shampoo (that has sulfates).
The hard water shampoo didn't feel stripping at all. My hair and scalp felt nice and clean. I will use that once a month. I will stick to the non sulfate shampoo for my kids. It's a detangling shampoo, so that's why it leaves a coating.
So no to non sulfates and no to no-lye relaxers. I'm done with the product buildup.

Yess girl welcome to the dark side! Do whats best for you! For me I find sulfate shampoos with oils in it help with the dryness the hair and scalp can get! Do let us know how you get on :)

Evolving78

Yess girl welcome to the dark side! Do whats best for you! For me I find sulfate shampoos with oils in it help with the dryness the hair and scalp can get! Do let us know how you get on :)
I'm a sulfate girl too! lol I thought using a chelating shampoo would dry my hair out, so I used a non sulfate. It left so much residue/coating on my hair! I will just stick with sulfate too. All of that build up will causes dryness, breakage, clogged follicles, products not working properly.

LushLox

I've always used SLS shampoos, I never have a problem with them. I do use organic shampoos/bars now and again when I want a break from SLS but I will always use sulfates. I prefer them as they probably get rid of the products I use in the week and I tend to apply a bit more product as progress into my stretch.

Royalq

So I need to do a corrective relaxer on my whole hair. Like i mentioned before my roots were under processed and are too kinky for my liking. but the length of my hair has a smidgen too much texture. I should have smoothed it better because it has a similar characteristic that my natural hair had, that is to twirl around itself making it difficult to part. I would like to take the texture down a notch and smooth it out more to stop that twirling motion. But my length is much straighter than my roots so I cant to it all at once like i did the first time. So im wonder which to correct first? The roots which will require more sitting time, or the length which i might leave of for just a few minutes?

Evolving78

So I need to do a corrective relaxer on my whole hair. Like i mentioned before my roots were under processed and are too kinky for my liking. but the length of my hair has a smidgen too much texture. I should have smoothed it better because it has a similar characteristic that my natural hair had, that is to twirl around itself making it difficult to part. I would like to take the texture down a notch and smooth it out more to stop that twirling motion. But my length is much straighter than my roots so I cant to it all at once like i did the first time. So im wonder which to correct first? The roots which will require more sitting time, or the length which i might leave of for just a few minutes?
I would do the roots, then when you smooth hit the length down.

Evolving78

My hair twirls on itself too. I will be using aphogee 2 min next wash. I need to really stick to use a small amount of conditioner in my hair. Too much and it makes my hair feel very coated and fragile. My hair is very fine. I will also finger detangle and separate my hair before I use a comb and do it on semi dry hair.
My hair is really soft right now. I didn't use detangler on three section of my hair. I just applied a serum after I detangled. I lost a bit more hair than when I used the detangler on the fourth section.

MzSwift

IA with @shortdub78 do the roots then smooth. But please be careful, sis. I made this mistake with my virgin texlax. Was frustrated by the curling and SSKs ( which is why I texlaxed in the first place). I've lost so much length trying to do correctives to fix my texture. I should've just transitioned to straighter results with subsequent texlaxes. I don't care about the differing textures because my natural hair was a few different textures too. So now I'm transitioning back to more texture because my corrective results were too bone straight.

Beginning texture, WNG texlax on virgin hair:
View media item 126921View media item 126919
My current texture - you can see the straight ends:
View media item 129289View media item 129291
LHCF won't let me upload my braid pic but it clearly shows how over straight my hair was compared to now that I'm transitioning to thicker texture.

This is my goal texture ( not a pic of me, obviously, lol). What I was trying to achieve with my corrective:

Royalq

IA with @shortdub78 do the roots then smooth. But please be careful, sis. I made this mistake with my virgin texlax. Was frustrated by the curling and SSKs ( which is why I texlaxed in the first place). I've lost so much length trying to do correctives to fix my texture. I should've just transitioned to straighter results with subsequent texlaxes. I don't care about the differing textures because my natural hair was a few different textures too. So now I'm transitioning back to more texture because my corrective results were too bone straight.

Beginning texture, WNG texlax on virgin hair:
View media item 126921View media item 126919
My current texture - you can see the straight ends:
View media item 129289View media item 129291
LHCF won't let me upload my braid pic but it clearly shows how over straight my hair was compared to now that I'm transitioning to thicker texture.

This is my goal texture ( not a pic of me, obviously, lol). What I was trying to achieve with my corrective:
Thanks so much! Now your making me hesitate lol. I can deal with the length. It's not a necessity for it to be straighter. I don't want to mess up and make it too straight. But my roots definitely need to get redone. Ah, I'm conflicted

MzSwift

Finally finished these twists at midnight last night. After four days of installing, they started out mini in the front but ended up just being small in the back. Lol

When the forum permits I'll post pix. So tired.:sleep:

Evolving78

Thanks so much! Now your making me hesitate lol. I can deal with the length. It's not a necessity for it to be straighter. I don't want to mess up and make it too straight. But my roots definitely need to get redone. Ah, I'm conflicted
Just coat the relaxed ends really well to cut down on the process.

MzSwift

Hmmm okay. So i intend to use mild this time. Ill coat my length with vaseline and oilsheen and wait till the last 2-3 minutes before rinsing. Ill go by quadrants again to be careful.

GL! So how far post relaxed are you? How long before you do your corrective?