Relaxed Hair Thread

Evolving78

I'm about to get rid of products again... the Keracare humecto in the bottle is not cutting it. I'm on the hunt for new products.
I rewashed my hair with a non sulfate, since I clarified earlier today. It didn't feel coated this time. I decided to condition with Aphogee 2 min. Hair felt better than using Keracare Humecto..smh I kept it in for two minutes while in the shower. I rinsed and used Aphogee provitamin leave-in. Felt better and detangled better than CON argan oil spray. Hair feels soft while air drying a bit before I blow dry on cool. I got some pillow rollers. I will get the aphogee green tea shampoo and some more 2min. I'll use this for 4-6 weeks to see how well my hair does.
I think I had a problem with protein due to the build up of hard water, and heavy products/heavy usage.

I also got ORS humidity serum. A little goes a long way. I would like to use flat iron to see how my hair holds up in this heat tomorrow, but I applied to see how it will hold my curls tomorrow.

Evolving78

I got some satin pillow rollers. I was too tired to use them last night. I may use them today.
My hair feels nice and soft after using those two Aphogee products. The Provitamin leave-in is my new leave-in detangling spray.

That serum really helped with air drying. I blow dried my hair on cool for a little bit, but i had to stop to get my baby boy something. It really helped with smoothing down the cuticle.

Last edited:

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I've been good and bad.

The good: I've been double bunning.
The bad: I haven't washed my hair in about 3 weeks.
The good: I've been spraying my hair daily with water and not combing as much.
The bad: I almost never remember to tie my hair up and I can't find my satin pillow cases.
The good: I don't have as much shed hair from combing daily and I've only used heat once.

LushLox

Just a week now before I touch up. Going to do a mid strength protein treatment today and a good moisture DC.

I will do another light shampoo and condition a couple of days before I relax as this system seems to yield me the best and most effective results. I'll do a heavier seal to my ends also in readiness.

MzSwift

Lawd y'all, why did I stumble upon lazy crochet videos?!? I ain't gon see my hair no mo this year, I swear!!! Lol

Between this weave video and this lazy crochet, I'm hoping this is my last install of twist extensions. Took almost 5 days to finish these suckas and I'm STILL delirious from lack of sleep. Didn't help that little man decided not to sleep or nap well.

Anyway, I thought I'd share the videos that are inspiring my PS kick. Let's grow some long relaxed hair!! :toocool:

Lazy Crochet (Yes Lawd):

Weave inspo:

No leave out-

Evolving78

I guess since I got rid of this build up on my hair, protein is my friend for now? I remember using a protein based line 15 years ago. My hair had been bleached and relaxed. I decided I wanted to grow it out and found the most amazing stylist. The sold Biostrand in the salon, and she has me to purchase it. I would bring my products in and she would use the whole system. I would use the finishing products at home between visit. I went to her weekly.
My hair was between ear and neck length. She would wash, D.C., spray the leave-in, mold me down and put me under the dryer. Then she would blow dry to straighten a little more, then flat iron me.
Once my hair got a little stronger, I asked for wet wraps. Once my hair got longer I wanted roller sets. She didn't like doing them! Lol so I started going to someone else in the salon.
After my hair got stronger after 3-6 months, I started using Keracare. I was getting a relaxer every 10-12 weeks. I got my ends trimmed with every relaxer. She didn't take off much.
I guess I shared that story to say my hair needed protein at the time, but once it worked, I didn't need another protein treatment ever! lol I didn't start back with protein treatments until I starting messing with my hair at home.

Stylists don't recommend them unless your hair is damaged. If you use a good line that has balance, you should be good to go.

And my hair is very fine! I just have a lot of strands!

I'm trying to strengthen my hair so it can handle the two textures I got going on.

Evolving78

So I realise that my hair didn't process quite as straight as I normally get it, but that's okay. I also realise that I can't be relaxing so straight anymore, it's not getting me anywhere.

All it will mean is I probably won't be able to stretch for quite as long as I'm used to.
I'm in that boat with you. My hair didn't get straight, and I have new growth on top of it! I gotta fight tooth and nail to make it to 8 weeks without something terrible happening.

Evolving78

Ok so I'm done buying products for my hair. I should be good for the rest of the year! Except for the 2 min reconstructor, that I will get next month.
I got products for protein
Moisture
Heat styling.
I bought a banana clip to put my hair up when it starts looking funky.
I'm gonna heat style my hair weekly to keep this shedding and new growth from getting married.

LushLox

I kinda feel after each stretch I need to take away some learning and apply the learning to my next stretch.

I simply cannot use the same moisturising products and methods at 1 - 6 weeks post that I do 8/10+ weeks post. I know this but yet I still ignore it sometimes :look:

I don't really wear wigs and weaves so I really have to work on super minimal manipulation hair techniques and styles once I'm 8 weeks post. Again I forget this sometimes, normally it's because of poor time planning or laziness. I'm going to really think about this over the next few days and come up with some solutions cause this really is one of the key areas for retention imo.

A slight contradiction to my last point perhaps but not really. Sometimes I need to manipulate the hair more by blow drying and flat ironing. It's helpful when I'm deep in a stretch as the hair is much more easier to style and there's less 'hand in head,' time during the week and less breakage.

The last few weeks of a stretch is hard. You need to be even more diligent and focused on the hair than at any other time imo because it seems to be when the problems start happening. I've not really been doing that I've taken my foot off the gas and in the end the hair suffers. I think it's cause I want to make it to specific point in my stretch and I'm quite determined to do so. It's silly because if I gave in and relaxed a bit earlier I probably wouldn't have had the problems.

I need to let go of edge tamer gel.

*sigh* Sorry for the long ramble it's just therapeutic to note this down.

Happy to hear of any other grumbles! :lol:

Evolving78

^^^i'm really trying to see the benefit of long term stretching for me... I already have a lot of new growth just at 4 weeks! That's why I'm really working on my appplication skills and timing.
I like wearing my hair straight. Trying to grow out a bunch of natural hair, on top of relaxed hair doesn't make any sense.
Stretching long term doesn't increase growth. It creates more challenges, and can cause damage. People that have more wavy texture patterns can get away with it. There is only one YouTube who has new growth like me, and she doesn't stretch at all! She relaxes once a month! Her hair doesn't suffer from it. Now if she stopped getting pregnant, using permanent hair color, and styling so much, her hair would be down to her butt by now. I try to wait 8-10 weeks.
There is another YTer that goes to the salon and gets a touch up every 5 weeks. She has nice healthy hair as well.
I think the key is to listen to my hair and not fight it.

ItsMeLilLucky

^^^i'm really trying to see the benefit of long term stretching for me... I already have a lot of new growth just at 4 weeks! That's why I'm really working on my appplication skills and timing.
I like wearing my hair straight. Trying to grow out a bunch of natural hair, on top of relaxed hair doesn't make any sense.
Stretching long term doesn't increase growth. It creates more challenges, and can cause damage. People that have more wavy texture patterns can get away with it. There is only one YouTube who has new growth like me, and she doesn't stretch at all! She relaxes once a month! Her hair doesn't suffer from it. Now if she stopped getting pregnant, using permanent hair color, and styling so much, her hair would be down to her butt by now. I try to wait 8-10 weeks.
There is another YTer that goes to the salon and gets a touch up every 5 weeks. She has nice healthy hair as well.
I think the key is to listen to my hair and not fight it.
Is the YTber Sw33tSparkl3? I love her. It might not be her since I don't think Sparkle colors her hair. She does relax once a month though. I have no idea who the other Youtuber is.

Evolving78

Is the YTber Sw33tSparkl3? I love her. It might not be her since I don't think Sparkle colors her hair. She does relax once a month though. I have no idea who the other Youtuber is.
Yes it's her. She has had 2 setbacks due to color. (Jet Black) Major breakage. She used to color her hair red when she first started her channel and right before she had her first child. Then the post partum shedding didn't help either.
She had to cut her hair several times.

ItsMeLilLucky

Yes it's her. She has had 2 setbacks due to color. (Jet Black) Major breakage. She used to color her hair red when she first started her channel and right before she had her first child. Then the post partum shedding didn't help either.
She had to cut her hair several times.
Right, right.. I just started following I think about a year or so ago. I do remember she colored her hair Jet Black, and she did have a lot of post-partum shedding. Who was that other YouTuber that goes to the salon for a touch up every 5 weeks?

ItsMeLilLucky

This hair laziness makes things so hard for me. I hate that I burned out on doing my hair. I should have stopped when I felt it coming on. I need to make it a goal to do my hair once a week(washing, dc-ing, etc), instead of whenever I feel like it. I'm never gonna get anywhere by being lazy. Also I need to find a better way to manage my new growth. I can barely make it to 8 weeks.

sunnieb

@ItsMeLilLucky I feel the same!

Doing my hair has become a chore. I can't explain it. I used to love washing, conditioning, etc. Now, not so much.

I have so many things going on right now and my haircare takes a back seat. Ironically, it may be a good thing in some ways. I don't manipulate it much. I either bun or ponytail and move on.

Thankfully, my hair is hanging on.

ItsMeLilLucky

I think doing my hair stopped being fun the last 3 years I was natural. I just never "recovered." I thought relaxing my hair would bring some of the fun back, but I still feel blah lol. I don't want to cut it though, and I'm already relaxed, so I don't wanna add any color. Maybe I should get it braided every once in a while lol.

Evolving78

Right, right.. I just started following I think about a year or so ago. I do remember she colored her hair Jet Black, and she did have a lot of post-partum shedding. Who was that other YouTuber that goes to the salon for a touch up every 5 weeks?
I can't think of her name right now. She is from California.

Evolving78

I think doing my hair stopped being fun the last 3 years I was natural. I just never "recovered." I thought relaxing my hair would bring some of the fun back, but I still feel blah lol. I don't want to cut it though, and I'm already relaxed, so I don't wanna add any color. Maybe I should get it braided every once in a while lol.
I'm chasing length right now, so that's what's keeping me going. This is what I mean when women/mothers feel burned out!
You are struggling to do your hair, and I'm struggling to do something to my nails! Lol
Are you in any challenges?

Last edited:

CharlieEcho

Has anyone tried this? I'm DCing now with it. I find the moisturiser from this range not very moisturising.