Relaxed Hair Thread

Sounds good, air drying has been really good for my hair so anything to aid it is helpful. I’ll check those out.
I may check them out, but airdrying is just not my friend. My hair is too porous right now for that.

Edit..
I will just find another way. I’m trying to stay away from products that are sticky. I’m trying to go 5 Days between washing my hair. I’m on day five now. My scalp is itchy now. I didn’t wanna wear my hair out today. Maybe if I get back early enough this evening, I can wash my hair.

Last edited:
I may check them out, but airdrying is just not my friend. My hair is too porous right now for that.

Edit..
I will just find another way. I’m trying to stay away from products that are sticky. I’m trying to go 5 Days between washing my hair. I’m on day five now. My scalp is itchy now. I didn’t wanna wear my hair out today. Maybe if I get back early enough this evening, I can wash my hair.

How come you’re switching to once a week washing I thought you liked cleansing twice a week? Twice a week is the sweet spot for me, although for the last few weeks I’ve only been doing it once a week myself.

How come you’re switching to once a week washing I thought you liked cleansing twice a week? Twice a week is the sweet spot for me, although for the last few weeks I’ve only been doing it once a week myself.
It’s due to more manipulation. If my hair was stronger, or if I was just airdrying, I could do the washing 2x a week. But if I’m going to use heat, I need to cut the down. I gotta keep my hair straight. This is why I wanted to go back to a stylist.

Whatever happens today, I will be washing my hair later on. I didn’t like going past 5 Days. That was just gross.

@LushLox
I should have washed my hair yesterday, or even Saturday...smh
I didn’t Moisture or seal yesterday, since I was going to wash it. Got home about 8pm.. I was tired! I finger combed my wrap and had some short pieces break. My hair was bone dry! I used Hawaiian Silky bald spot treatment.. it’s drying, so I won’t use it anymore. I will just stick to my oil mix, and wild growth oil. So yeah, 3-5 Days max, and figure out how to dry my hair!

Last edited:
@LushLox
I should have washed my hair yesterday, or even Saturday...smh
I didn’t Moisture or seal yesterday, since I was going to wash it. Got home about 8pm.. I was tired! I finger combed my wrap and had some short pieces break. My hair was bone dry! I used Hawaiian Silky bald spot treatment.. it’s drying, so I won’t use it anymore. I will just stick to my oil mix, and wild growth oil. So yeah, 3-5 Days max, and figure out how to dry my hair!

Maybe air dry for a bit and blow dry using that hot/cool method?

I’ve used the Hawaiian Silky leave in when everyone was raving about it, it didn’t do anything for me but give me a load of build up.

My hair was dry I mean scarily dry for the last few days because I haven’t washed and DC’d for a while and I’ve done very little M&S’ing.

I was up at 6am this morning to wash and DC and was finished by 8am, I had a load of shed hair smh. My hair finally feels normal again and it’s nicely detangled; I’m in a good position now to relax.

Pray for me lol.

Maybe air dry for a bit and blow dry using that hot/cool method?

I’ve used the Hawaiian Silky leave in when everyone was raving about it, it didn’t do anything for me but give me a load of build up.

My hair was dry I mean scarily dry for the last few days because I haven’t washed and DC’d for a while and I’ve done very little M&S’ing.

I was up at 6am this morning to wash and DC and was finished by 8am, I had a load of shed hair smh. My hair finally feels normal again and it’s nicely detangled; I’m in a good position now to relax.

Pray for me lol.
I just did the same thing! My hair feels much better and I’m under the dryer to get rid of the dampness! Lol I’m using warm air right now, since I sprayed some Aphogee green tea, then I will switch to cool, then finish with the blow dryer on cool and use my wide toothed comb.
I gave that Hawaiian Silky spray to my neighbor. Too much glycerin for me.
When do you plan on relaxing?

@shortdub78 Either Wednesday or Thursday :yep:

How’s Christmas are you and the kids having a nice time?
I just put together a Hot Wheels race track, and I’m eating some fake, plastic birthday cake! And my youngest and middle child have been going at with each other. I just got hit in the face with a box..smh, the youngest was about to throw it at her... smh...sigh
We will make some Christmas cookies around 1pm. I got my oldest a chess set, so we will play that later.
Other than Tom and Jerry acting like jerks towards each other, it’s pretty quiet! Lol

I'm still air drying but I tell you that got difficult during these latter stretch stages as the hair takes forever to dry. On the weekend I can wash my hair early and let it dry for the day but during the weekend I'll sit under the dryer for about 20 minutes because if I go to sleep with even a bit of wet hair it's tangle city in the morning!

I love satin rollers, especially when I've just relaxed my hair. They are so gentle to use and I never get any breakage with them.

They are so poorly made though so I have to buy new packs now and again.
Are you talking about the ones with the wire in them that you just twist?

These? Diane 7/8-Inch Satin pillow Rollers - Black ( D5042) Amazon product ASIN B005DJLPKW
Or these? Diane D5035 Satin Foam Rollers - 1 1/2 Inch ( 6 pack ) Amazon product ASIN B004HR9KQM

Any Relaxed Head in here that uses heat to style?
I get less breakage when my hair is straight. I can control the line of demarcation throughout the hair.
When I wear my hair down, I blow dry it and flat iron. Then I pin curl it or cross wrap it at night. Right now I’m bunning out of lazin...convenience. I moisturize and seal with Shea butter and keep it moving.

Random relaxed thought
This youtuber is diy Relaxed Head. She does not neutralize with a neutralizing shampoo! She rinses her relaxer out with cheap conditioner! She hardly ever shampoos ! She just cowashes! She does the baggy method all of the time, sleeps with that bag on, and wears it under her wigs as well. She overnight conditions as well!

Just a ton of horrible bad hair practices, and she wonders why she has a bald spot?
I was gonna call all of that out, but for what? When it comes to DIY, we gotta understand that there is a science to all of this and we are basically playing with chemisty. Since a lot of us didn’t go to school for it, a lot of things are just trial and error. I know when I’m doing something stupid to my hair, and understand it may cause a setback, but to just do stupid stuff, tell other people to do stupid stuff, you ending up bald, or all of a sudden you wanna go natural and blame the relaxer, then you are not being honest, or right to your viewers! You are doing them a disservice!

Last edited:
Are you talking about the ones with the wire in them that you just twist?

These? Diane 7/8-Inch Satin pillow Rollers - Black ( D5042) Amazon product ASIN B005DJLPKW
Or these? Diane D5035 Satin Foam Rollers - 1 1/2 Inch ( 6 pack ) Amazon product ASIN B004HR9KQM

I can't see the images for some reason, I use these, or something very similar.

51mrET-mZJL.jpg

Random relaxed thought
This youtuber is diy Relaxed Head. She does not use neutralize with a neutralizing shampoo! She rinses her relaxer out with cheap conditioner! She does not use shampoo hardly ever! She just cowashes! She does the baggy method all over the time, and sleeps with that thing, wears it under her wigs as well. She overnight deep conditions as well!

Just a ton of horrible bad hair practices, and she wonders why she has a bald spot?
I was gonna call all of that out, but for what? When it comes to DIY, we gotta understand that there is a science to all of this and we are basically playing with chemisty. Since a lot of us didn’t go to school for it, a lot of things is just trial and error. I know when I’m doing something stupid to my hair, and understand it may cause a setback, but to just do stupid stuff, tell other people to do stupid stuff, you end up bald, or all of a sudden you wanna go natural and blame the relaxer, then you are not being honest, or right to your viewers! You are doing them a disservice!

SMH, fortunately most (well I hope most) of us are educated about these ultra critical things now. How on earth does she still have hair on her head? If that was me, the first time I tried that mess I'd end up completely bald headed never mind a bald spot.

Those are the ones I was picturing. What style do you wear?

When I'm freshly relaxed, I part my hair from a centre parting and apply about 5 or 6 rollers on each side. Then I just loosen the curls in the morning and wear it as kind of beach waves. When I go into bunning mode I will still apply the satin rollers in the same way, but I'll just pull the hair into a loose bun with a few tendrils.

One was a stylist that could style her butt off, but she has bad hair care practices. The other was a braider. Both of them like to style their hair in tight hairstyles. I knew what to expect, but I was desperate to get my hair done.

But besides those two people, I vet a stylist and ask a ton of questions. I’m a skincare therapist, and have went to school for cosmetology, and have been an assistant, so I know what to ask. Some think my questions are funny, since most don’t even do consultations, and aren’t expected to give them. Nobody should do a chemical service to you the first time you are in their chair. They should ask a bunch of questions, have you fill out a form, then at least wash and give you a proper treatment based off of the consultation and the hair assessment. This is learned in Cosmo school. It’s easier to get away with not doing it when it comes to hair, but not when it comes to the face. I can’t put a cleansing product on your face, and I don’t know anything about you, or your skin, your health, your lifestyle, etc.

There is one stylist that is on YouTube that always has a client needing a major haircut. I don’t like how she combs their hair. Like i would cut them curly, or in twists just to get rid of the splits at the very end to be able to comb their hair without ripping through it.

You are on point! I have never understood how a stylist can give a new client a chemical service without asking questions and PLEASE don't tell me, "I can look at your hair and tell what you need." That is a load of crap. I also don't like it when stylist only use one brand of relaxer for all their clients. Yeah, I know that's your favorite but everyone of your clients can't have agreeable hair.

@shortdub78, are you sure you don't want to go into the "hair business"? You would have clients for days!

You are on point! I have never understood how a stylist can give a new client a chemical service without asking questions and PLEASE don't tell me, "I can look at your hair and tell what you need." That is a load of crap. I also don't like it when stylist only use one brand of relaxer for all their clients. Yeah, I know that's your favorite but everyone of your clients can't have agreeable hair.

@shortdub78, are you sure you don't want to go into the "hair business"? You would have clients for days!
I think about it daily.. it’s my passion, but I got these kids...

Back