Relaxed Hair Thread

sunnieb

Pigtail braidout from today:

I'm 11 weeks post today.

Sent from my Comet using Long Hair Care Forum App

ATLcutey20

Re: Relaxed Hair THREAD!!

I'm suppose to relax next wk @12wk post, but the PX ran out of ORS relaxer. :sad: I refuse to use Soft n Beautiful or the Pink relaxer so I guess I might as well stretch a lil longer. *le sigh*

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B

Relaxed last week...came out great. No real difference in length as I got a trim about 3/4 weeks ago....about 2 inches away from bsl so I guess there was some improvement:look:

Malaika1

I'm currently 16 weeks post and my "lead-hairs" are already grazing
BSL. Still debating if Ill relax at 5 or 6 months post

Toy

Dang,I have 2 more wks before i can relax..This Hair is getting Rough.

danysedai

Hey! so here is where all the relaxed heads are... lol.
I was wondering if we had been run out of here (semi-kidding)

My next relaxer is June 18 (about 11 weeks post) ,I'll do a protein treatment this week, my grays are popping so I don't know whether to dye my hair today or wait until the week after my relaxer :/

sunnieb

Dang,I have 2 more wks before i can relax..This Hair is getting Rough.

Toy - I'm right there with you! I'm under the dryer now doing a protein dc. I'll be relaxing 2 weeks from tomorrow! :woohoo: Last relaxer was in March, so I am beyond ready! :grin:

Hey! so here is where all the relaxed heads are... lol.
I was wondering if we had been run out of here (semi-kidding)

My next relaxer is June 18 (about 11 weeks post) ,I'll do a protein treatment this week, my grays are popping so I don't know whether to dye my hair today or wait until the week after my relaxer :/

danysedai - Girl we still here! :lol: Lemme go find some more relaxed head threads to bump......:look:

Toy

sunnieb,I dont know if i can hold out 2 more weeks its a forrest up there... i am trying to make it to 11 wks but i dont know. How many wks post will you be?

sunnieb

@sunnieb,I dont know if i can hold out 2 more weeks its a forrest up there... i am trying to make it to 11 wks but i dont know. How many wks post will you be?

Toy - I'll be 14 weeks post when I relax on June 24. I'm doing pretty good with this stretch. I had problems last time and I learned from that. I can NOT go too long without dc'ing or at least cowashing. My newgrowth is so dry and dense, I have to keep my moisture level up and not get lazy.

I can get away with so much right after a fresh relaxer. I can't wait. Hang in there! You got this!

janeemat

My scheduled relaxer is July 1st, but I may relax the week before due to the 4th of July holiday. If I decide to relax then I will be 11 wks.

imaccami

I'm relaxing tomorrow and afterward I'll dust for the first time in about two years :look:

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men

Just relaxed after a 7 month stretch and I love my hair. Just got a trim too and she cut LESS than what I thought I might need. I have not had a trim since November so I was ready for .5 to 1 inch and it was nothing compared to that! She also gave me the U shape I wanted with slight layers!

BillsBackerz67

Im newly relaxed...My last relaxer was july 2003 and I was natural for almost 8 years. I just relaxed on the 8th. I think my next touch up will be in October or November :yep:

Curlybeauty

*yawns*

I'm on my way to the salon now to get my hair done. I think I want a dry cut and then a rollerset.
Meh...I just need to see how much she trims before I get back on my grind...

lilpooky

I'm relaxing my hair at the end of June. I'm currently 10 month post, and this stretch hasn't been as bad as I thought it would it be this time.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL

My stretch went really well this time, I could have gone longer. I think once I hit APL I will start pushing my relaxers to every 4 months instead of every 3.

That might get difficult because from Sept through Dec I get 2 inches of NG.:spinning:

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL

I wont be getting a trim at the salon this go round, I am thinking of going in for a professional trim every other relaxer and using my splitender the other times.
This way I will make my goals faster.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL

Hi ladies, relazed head here! :)
I'm kind of new to the site and I usually just lurk around so sorry if this question is simple. I'm about to be 21 and JUST started caring about my hair. I read on this site that a lot of you "stretch" your relaxers for weeks and even months at a time. I don't know my hair type but it is reallyyyyy thick and unmanageable in its natural state. My question is how do you all stretch for so long when the NG starts growing in. Sometimes I can't even pass a comb through my hair without breakage. :sad: Plz help.

Like someone else said a good DC is key also DONOT comb your NG all the time.

FocusLady

I'm 10 wks post and do to relax July 1. I'm not having trouble at all. Last year I relaxed every 4 months and this year I'm doing every 3 months. I haven't seen any benefits to stretching my relaxer; however I have only been relaxed for two years and I jumped right in with stretching for at least four months. I did buy the SE with Shea Butter in Regular this time because I don't feel the Mild was strong enough for me and I think I want to go straighter.

NewHairWOWeave

7 weeks post relaxer and I am co washing and deep conditioning to get some tame on my new growth. I am going to the salon to get my roots blown out on Monday. That saves me an extra week on my stretch. I am also trying to use up my stash before buying new stuff.. Can some one refer me to a post with protective styles for SL length hair. I'm in desperate need

thanxx

kupenda

Relaxing and getting a trim next weekend!!! Accidentally stretched for 3 months. Excited!

How soon after do u think I can use a lil bit of bleach? Three weeks maybe? I wanted to put a few small streaks of bleach in my hair to prepare for a henna treatment, as opposed to getting highlights. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Curlybeauty

1 week post relaxer.

Still holding onto the rollerset, and I plan on making some cute updo/bun styles for this last week.

I'm excited to do my hair while freshly done :grin:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B

So I'm almost 3 weeks post and either I didn't do a great job smoothing or I'm getting a summer growth spurt because I already feel my roots:nono:

hothair

Me too lol. I'm three weeks post and I've got a bunch of newgrowth already, I know I got my hair straight cause I have previously coloured hair I intend to stretch for 3 months, but will BKT in 3 weeks so that should help.