September 2010.........What Did YOU Buy This Week?? (Hair Care Edition)

ChristmasCarol

I bought a Babyliss stand-up rolling dryer. Can't wait to rollerset my daughters this week. They don't like the tabletop model or the Carel softbonnet dryer. If they don't like the dry-time w/this, I may have to get a Pibbs. None if this stuff is for me, of course. It's all about the children, lol.

Imani

You will be SO happy you did so. I use natural products exclusively now since the middle of this year and my hair is just so beautiful and soft. At first it will feel weird and you'll have to clarify 2-3 times to really get the benefits. Also, try using one or two really good lines. Its the best! I do not use sulfates, cones, petrolatum, mineral oil or any of that stuff. Just pure natural goodness. I am 3c/4a, very blunt, full APL after a recent cut. HTH! I am the biggest natural/organic product advocate.

I really hope I can see the results you have with using more natural products. Between that and cutting way back on heat, I am hoping to see a turn around in my hair.

ctosha

I couldn't fight my inner pj so I went to my local BSS and bought Africa's Best herbal oil, hair mayo in jar and shea butter&tea tree oil moisturizer. For real these will be my last new purchases with the exception of the liquid hair mayo then I'm completely done if these work.

gadgetdiva

You will be SO happy you did so. I use natural products exclusively now since the middle of this year and my hair is just so beautiful and soft. At first it will feel weird and you'll have to clarify 2-3 times to really get the benefits. Also, try using one or two really good lines. Its the best! I do not use sulfates, cones, petrolatum, mineral oil or any of that stuff. Just pure natural goodness. I am 3c/4a, very blunt, full APL after a recent cut. HTH! I am the biggest natural/organic product advocate.

Oooh thank you!! I am really focusing on ingredients...I told myself that since I'm relaxed the least I could do is use natural products. I'm trying to get to APL and this thread is extremely helpful in terms of discovering new products I'd never heard of or had walked past in the store that could be beneficial to my hair.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
This week I bought -- hemp oil, wheat germ oil, ORS replenishing pak conditioner, HE LTR leave-in and HE none of your frizzies leave-in.

Tangle Teezer - Blue
How do you like this detangler? I'm a tangler.

Ooooh I had a flare up and bought Cold Pressed Castor Oil, Orange EO (to mask the smell), 99% Aloe Vera Gel and Avalon Organics Lemon & Shea Butter Clarifying Shampoo.
Oh and I ordered my JBCO!!! :yay:
Is cold pressed castor the same, better or any different than JBCO? I notice you bought both. How do you use each?

i just just bought me some gvp conditioning balm and one'n'only argan oil...cant wait to go home and try! (you guys been raving about these and hyping them up sooooooooo) if i am disappointed ill return them right away...but i hope to like them! =)
Do you condition with the GVP balm without mixing it with other things? How do you like the results?

This thread makes me realize how fast the months in 2010 have flown by! Im already counting down until black friday lol, been makin my list and checkin it twice lol
I'm a BIG Black Friday shopper...the dh even comes along. I'm ready!

yesterday i went to the bss by my house to see if they had the new taaliah wajiid curl product, they did not! and the tw products that they had contained a bunch of petrolatum and the only good thing was the protective mist but i already have it!! So i just bought 2 packs of flexi rods that I really didnt need...poor me, cant walk out of any store empty handed!
None of the bss' nearby me sale this. Is this product limited/restricted to certain bss' in certain areas?

Computer Blue

It's only mountains and the sea
late last month/early this month

Inecto coconut conditioner
macadamia oil treatment- which I love
gvp balm

An_gell

Purchased some Brahmi oil, yesterday. Hopefully it will be her soon plan to use in rotation with my MTG.

Bnster

I am so happy I found a BSS to buy Silcon Mix, no need to buy it online! This weekend I get to try it out for the first time!

outspokenwallflower

Sebastian Penetraitt mask
Coppola Keratin Complex Infusion Therapy- Keratin Replenisher
Design Essentials Herbal Complex 4 Hair & Scalp Treatment
Ricky's rubber duck bill clips
Ricky's Olive Oil infused rat tail comb

gadgetdiva

divachyk
I bought the Cold pressed to get a jump on the Castor Oil #3 Challenge...I wanted to try the JBCO since many here throughout the forum have raved about it. I haven't received my JBCO yet.

Last edited:

Fab_Nikki

2 16 oz bottles of Color Showers - Negro & Clear (Happy Beauty Town in NYC)
56 oz La Bomba Deep Treatment ((Happy Beauty Town in NYC)
Lacio Lacio (Happy Beauty Town in NYC)
Aloe and Almond oil (Happy Beauty Town in NYC)

Mixed Chicks leave-in conditioner (Ricky's NYC)
Kinky Curly Spiral Spritz (Ricky's NYC)

33.5 oz Giovanni Tee Tree Triple Treat conditioner (Target NYC)

Beany

Well I didn't exactly buy it, it was my favorite price, FREE:grin: . I ordered Sulu MaxGro (ya know the better smelling MTG). Just a few more things on my list then a well deserved, self imposed, six month no buy break. :dance7:

gadgetdiva

Ok I know I'm trying to stick with natural products but I love Roux PC Con and was at the BSS when I saw it for $7.99
(I just posted a thread about that because it seems the formula has changed)
I also bought:
Glovers Growth Blend (brown tube)
WGO
Elasta QP H2 Leave-In
Tucking side combs

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
Damn it. I did it. I've been around IdareT and the rest of the PJ's for too long so I'm taking a break from the vendor's forum and the what did you buy threads. I'm so mad at myself.

I purchased a sample of BM luscious cream moisturizer. Just to try it out. :look:

With these rave reviews, I'm thinking it will be good although I doubt it will replace my SSI marshmallow moisturizer, if it does, however, then it is one hell of a moisturizer because I am 95% happy with my SSI.

Farewell bad influences!

beautyaddict1913

Damn it. I did it. I've been around IdareT and the rest of the PJ's for too long so I'm taking a break from the vendor's forum and the what did you buy threads. I'm so mad at myself.

I purchased a sample of BM luscious cream moisturizer. Just to try it out. :look:

With these rave reviews, I'm thinking it will be good although I doubt it will replace my SSI marshmallow moisturizer, if it does, however, then it is one hell of a moisturizer because I am 95% happy with my SSI.

Farewell bad influences!

youre the reason SSI marshmallow moisturizer is on my Black Friday list! I hope I love it! How are you using it and how often?

Today I bought hair for my install tomoro....(Hide your hair challenge!)
My appointment is near the ONLY Target in Houston that carries Curls, SheaMoisture, Miss Jessie's, Kinky Curly, etc. so I hope I can find my SM deep treatment in there and if not I hope I can walk out empty handed without purchasing anything! Wish me luck guys!

beautyaddict1913

I'm a BIG Black Friday shopper...the dh even comes along. I'm ready!

None of the bss' nearby me sale this. Is this product limited/restricted to certain bss' in certain areas?

Yaay for BF! Are you planning on making any online vendor hair purchases?

Taliah Wajiid (I always butcher the spelling, forgive me) is hard to find! Its supposed to have the listings of the CVS that carries em online but the list is inaccurate! I remember early in my hair journey when I didnt know what TW was I happened to see it at a BSS in an urban area not too far from my neighborhood and I didnt get it becuz I hadnt heard of it yet, I finally remembered where I saw it and went back for it. But let me tell you, you have to look high and low for it. This BSS has like 12 rows of products, its big on products they have everything! You cant go in there in a hurry lol. Dont ask em if they carry it bcuz they wont know what you are talking about lol...even if you say Black Earth. They told me "No, we dont carry" but clearly they did lol

iri9109

aussie hair insurance leave-in &2 giant pump bottles of giovanni 50:50 shampoo... and a satin scarf...for no reason other than idk how to exercise self control when i see hair products lol...im serious now, no more hair related purchase until black friday!