Shocking Hair Confessions 2008: The Raw Edition!

I relaxed my hair in April 2008 and after I had neutralized, rinsed and conditioned my hair I still had a nappy patch in the back:

First, I waited the next day when my scalp was good and dry and relaxed the patch again :sad: .

Second, I didn't use gloves when I relaxed :sad::sad:.

Third, I used the remains of the relaxer from the day earlier :sad::sad::sad:.

Fourth, I had a little breakage but I'm still happy I did it :sad::sad::sad::sad:.

Gracie

the Vitamin Challenge is the only challenge that I remember that I've joined.

I haven't used heat all summer....I'm not sure if I will be able to make that claim in the winter.

I'm a veggie and for 2 weeks I've been craving chicken and fish :perplexed ....I know that doesn't have anything to do with hair, but I needed to get that off my chest!! Oh yeah I craved grilled hot dogs and burgers too...:perplexed

shmmr

I confess I don't know how to manage or style my hair in its natural state
I confess that I desperately wish that I did
I confess that if I did, I'm scared that it would still be a hot mess
I confess that last wash I blowdried using a ceramic roundbrush and it was great. I didn't even flatiron it.
I confess that I LOVE bantu knot outs and this board for teaching me how to do them
I confess that I stalk fotkis in class, when I should be studying, or when I should be doing just about anything else. I'm going to work on this.

Oh, and I joined this apl by dec 08 challenge - umm, really?

PuddingPop

I relaxed my hair in April 2008 and after I had neutralized, rinsed and conditioned my hair I still had a nappy patch in the back:

First, I waited the next day when my scalp was good and dry and relaxed the patch again :sad: .

Fourth, I had a little breakage but I'm still happy I did it :sad::sad::sad::sad:.

Why have I done all these things b4. Well maybe I didnt relax the next day but I have done it within the same week.
ETA : And I never wear gloves and I used to ( long, long ago) mixed, store left over relaxer in the fridge. Somebody told me you can keep it that way.

Last edited:

Mrs.Green

I confess:
I'll never cure my pjism (wait maybe that's a good thing) :grin:
I still haven't clarified yet since starting this hair journey.
Lately, the only time I detangle is the day I relaxed my hair...and thats like every 7-8weeks.
That LHCF has completely replaced myspace for me...I used to be on myspace 24/7 but now I dedicate my time to this site.

I so agree~ Myspace who :look: :lachen:.

I confess that I'm a little cocky about my hair growing progress and and tend to be a little laxed about taking the time to co-wash and moisturize since I know my hair will grow.

I still do co-wash and moisturize like I should but I'm not so obsessed with it.

poookie

my confession:

i am in DIRE need of a trim... well, blunt cut. my hair is different lengths ALL over. you can sort of tell from my profile picture, but the left side of my hair is about 3 inches longer than the right, and the sides are collectively 4+ inches than some pieces on the very back of my hair.

if i were to blunt cut all over, and make it all the same length, i'd have to cut about 6 inches, and go to neck length...

i actually cried yesterday thinking about it...
i don't know what to do...

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
I confess that I haven's slept with a satin cap on in about 2 months.

I confess that I have just about turned by back on my beloved CON poo
(green label)- I'm even selling my stocked up bottles on ebay (listing it today).

I confess that I REALLY need to find that cord for my camera so I can upload my pics and update my fotki.

I confess that my favorite part of LHCF is the OT forums... I'm sorry, but it's so juicy in there at times. It's better than TV sometimes... :look:

Southernbella.

I confess:

-I'm starting to miss my length. If I could wake up tomorrow with BSL natural hair, I'd be so happy.

-It doesn't bother me to lose hair, so I am not gentle when I detangle.

-I wish my hair wasn't quite so thick.

-Natural hair is so easy for me...I don't understand why it's so hard for others, but I don't judge

-I want to flat iron again because I'm not used to doing nothing to my hair

-I don't have a staple poo/con for my natural hair yet.

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
I confess:
-Natural hair is so easy for me...I don't understand why it's so hard for others, but I don't judge
Your natural hair is gorgeous. I confess that I am afraid of my natural hair. I'm afraid of what it'll be like without the security of relaxer-induced hangtime. I think I would have MAJOR shrinkage...

JustKiya

I confess that I haven't taken progress pics in almost two months because you can't see the growth I'm getting without me asking for DH's help.

I confess that I haven't had a trim in over a year, and don't plan on getting one anytime soon.

I confess that I've fallen off of the low-mani wagon - and I like it!

I confess that I need to focus on working out as much as I do on my hair.

I confess that sometimes I want to get a weave so that I don't have to mess with my hair for a minute and a half - but I don't cuz I'm too cheap and don't like how I look with straight hair.

I confess I'm plotting on finding me a afro-wig and making a kinky phonyponypuff from it.

Irresistible

the Vitamin Challenge is the only challenge that I remember that I've joined.

I haven't used heat all summer....I'm not sure if I will be able to make that claim in the winter.

I'm a veggie and for 2 weeks I've been craving chicken and fish :perplexed ....I know that doesn't have anything to do with hair, but I needed to get that off my chest!! Oh yeah I craved grilled hot dogs and burgers too...:perplexed

Sorry ,but that was too cute Gracie , get if off your chest girl!

Bublin

I confess........

1. that I chop and change products so much that i have no idea what works or doesn't work for my hair.

2. that this thread is actually a god-send for me as i just can't keep up with all the 'stuff' we 'have' to do to have long hair and its good to know others feel the same.

3. that my hair is not cut into layers - as people often think - it grows that way naturally. In fact i think my hair just keeps breaking but looks like its cut into a style!

4. that I'm gonna stop wearing a scraf at night cus my hair looks crap in the morning wether i've worn one or not.

5. that I am returning to rollersetting and flat ironing at least once a week. When i did this pre-LHCF my hair thrived.

6. that I'm sick of the front of my hair always being too short to fit into neat pony tail. This means i have to slick it down to look neat. That then means i get breakage. A never ending spiral.

7. that the only time i felt carefree and happy about my hair was when i shaved it off 2 and a half years ago.

8. that I have stressed out over my hair in the past to the point i have actually cried. :nono:

Irresistible

I confess........

1. that I chop and change products so much that i have no idea what works or doesn't work for my hair.

2. that this thread is actually a god-send for me as i just can't keep up with all the 'stuff' we 'have' to do to have long hair and its good to know others feel the same.

3. that my hair is not cut into layers - as people often think - it grows that way naturally. In fact i think my hair just keeps breaking but looks like its cut into a style!

4. that I'm gonna stop wearing a scraf at night cus my hair looks crap in the morning wether i've worn one or not.

5. that I am returning to rollersetting and flat ironing at least once a week. When i did this pre-LHCF my hair thrived.

6. that I'm sick of the front of my hair always being too short to fit into neat pony tail. This means i have to slick it down to look neat. That then means i get breakage. A never ending spiral.

7. that the only time i felt carefree and happy about my hair was when i shaved it off 2 and a half years ago.

8. that I have stressed out over my hair in the past to the point i have actually cried. :nono:

awww girl I think we have all cried a time or two or three or four

cheeks87

I confess I still don't know what the fraganacle bull I am doing but my hair is growing.

• I confess that I have no idea what the heck I am doing when it comes to my hair. I've been here for over a year and am STILL completely confused about most things. BUT my hair is growing. Sometimes I feel like I have to make something up when people ask me what I've been doing to it :giggle:
  • I confess that there's so many things I'm not able to do yet like rollersets, bantu knots, cornrows(I suck at parting and at braiding), and I don't see myself ever being able to self-relax.
  • I confess that I'm tempted to cut my hair back to my shoulders pretty much everyday and drool over anyone with a bob.:lick:

Misseyl

I confess that my hair is the healthiest/longest it has ever been;
I confess that I rarely deep condition;
I confess that after exercising I just apply moisturizer, comb it out and put it into a phony;
I confess that most of the time I try to do what's best for my hair;
I confess that I wish my edges look better

nomoweavesfome

I confess that my hair is the healthiest/longest it has ever been;
I confess that I rarely deep condition;
I confess that after exercising I just apply moisturizer, comb it out and put it into a phony;
I confess that most of the time I try to do what's best for my hair;
I confess that I wish my edges look better

It's ok baby - let's go'on to the upper room where you can join us for service.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=248377&highlight=edges+prayer&page=3

sound

I confess...
  • I LOVE my natural hair, but I HATE that it's shorter than collar bone.
  • I didn't care too much for my relaxed ends when I was transitioning
  • The only reason I Big Chopped is because the relaxed ends were chewed and screwed.
  • I will NEVER wear my natural hair in twist/braids outside of the house until my hair grows at least 5 inches longer.
  • My hair hasn't been this healthy in 7 years. I'm 20 now. :ohwell:
  • I'm too lazy to create a fotki, even though I have so many pics of my hair on my pc AND laptop.
  • I'm pretty cocky about my knowledge of hair care (thanks LCHF, lmao) ...and everyone knows it.
  • I hate stares that I get when a white woman and myself pick up the same hair product.
  • I'm too shy to ask "are you Niko's cousin?"
  • I don't post as much because I'm just lazy.
  • I don't like to share any of my hair secrets with people who ask "what do you put in your hair"
  • When my boyfriend runs his hand through my hair, I pray and hope his nails are filed.
  • When I was 14, I use to hot curl my hair EVERYDAY and it never started breaking off that bad until my friend referred me to her stylist.
  • I want to ask about more info on those breast enlargement pills :lachen:

That's it...I think.

kblc06

I confess that:

-After a horrendous attempt at a wet wrap last night, sitting under the dryer, and getting horrible results, I'm really frustrated with my hair right now (and may contemplate relaxing). I know I shouldn't expect my hair to behave like my relaxed hair did,but airdrying in a wrap was so much easier :ohwell: and my hair grew & retained length like weeds. I think I need to consult Pokahontas.

-I'm getting sick of these snarling ends and even after do a nice trim-I have midshaft splits in some of the more wiry/coarse areas. Ironically they have the loosest texture

-I'm getting envious of all the straight flowing hair I'm seeing lately. I want to flat iron but it is TOO humid (resulting in 4hours of wasted efforts)

- I'm going to go back to rollersets and sitting under the dreaded hooded dryer. I don't really care for rollersets BUT my hair stayed split free for months when I did them-and quite frankly, even with a silk wrap it doesn't fall bone straight like I want it to.

-I'm SO D@MN SICK of trying to blend 5 different textures, failing, and having people come up to tell me in Wal-Mart that I need a touch up when I don't f&(king have a relaxer :wallbash:

Last edited:

Desert Skye

I am guilty of the following:

-I cant remember the last time I trimmed. Yeah I see the the split ends and everything but I just..cant..trim...

-I have been very busy and havent been deep conditioning each week like I should. I have been just using the instant conditioners and washing it out...:blush:

-I have used an elastic at work when I couldnt find a proper scrunchi...I am so sorry now. You can see the damage in the area I usually tie a pony tail.

Irresistible

I confess that:

-After a horrendous attempt at a wet wrap last night, sitting under the dryer, and getting horrible results, I'm really frustrated with my hair right now (and may contemplate relaxing). I know I shouldn't expect my hair to behave like my relaxed hair did,but airdrying in a wrap was so much easier :ohwell: and my hair grew & retained length like weeds. I think I need to consult Pokahontas.

-I'm getting sick of these snarling ends and even after do a nice trim-I have midshaft splits in some of the more wiry/coarse areas. Ironically they have the loosest texture

-I'm getting envious of all the straight flowing hair I'm seeing lately. I want to flat iron but it is TOO humid (resulting in 4hours of wasted efforts)

- I'm going to go back to rollersets and sitting under the dreaded hooded dryer. I don't really care for rollersets BUT my hair stayed split free for months when I did them-and quite frankly, even with a silk wrap it doesn't fall bone straight like I want it to.

-I'm SO D@MN SICK of trying to blend 5 different textures, failing, and having people come up to tell me in Wal-Mart that I need a touch up when I don't f&(king have a relaxer :wallbash:
oooh girl hang in there, dont let the frustration make you do anything you will regret later

if you need intervention , ask for it! we are all here to help

Mrs.Green

• I confess that I have no idea what the heck I am doing when it comes to my hair. I've been here for over a year and am STILL completely confused about most things. BUT my hair is growing. Sometimes I feel like I have to make something up when people ask me what I've been doing to it :giggle:
  • I confess that there's so many things I'm not able to do yet like rollersets, bantu knots, cornrows(I suck at parting and at braiding), and I don't see myself ever being able to self-relax.
  • I confess that I'm tempted to cut my hair back to my shoulders pretty much everyday and drool over anyone with a bob.:lick:

Girl you a lie :lachen:! Growing all that hair to Mid Back by winging it~ I wish. I half know what I'm doing and am not where you are. Your hair looks GREAT!!! What ever you are doing is working :yep:

Southernbella.

Ok, I used to do all of that.:lachen:I never told yall, though.:look:

Your natural hair is gorgeous. I confess that I am afraid of my natural hair. I'm afraid of what it'll be like without the security of relaxer-induced hangtime. I think I would have MAJOR shrinkage...

Aww, thank you. You have to do what's right for you. If it's not the right time, it's not the right time.:yep:

BrownBetty

Sigh....
I have blow dried my hair for the last couple of weeks, in the last month I have rollerset 2x. My hair is acting a donkey... it is growing though.

MV

Hair Iam

I confess that I love going to the salon ...going to start going one or twice per month in the fall ...its just so nice to have someone else do this for me.:grin:
I confess I'm only condition washing 1-2 times per week.
I no longer air dry "lost far too much hair " I blow dry "no flat iron" ...my hair is actually doing better for having done this :grin: Confession is good for the soul

I confess:

-It doesn't bother me to lose hair, so I am not gentle when I detangle.

Its easy for me too but i just want it to do what it wont do LOL

I also want to admit the abuse I put my hair thru... I should be ashamed, but Im not:drunk: Not too long ago I pulled out a big fist sized glob of hair trying to detangle hair that was drying... Ah well...

misschee

i have more confessions.....

~when i was relaxed, i too didnt use gloves when applying the relaxer
~when i was relaxed, i used a flat iron or curling iron at least 4 days a week
~i want to get sisterlocs but i probably wont because i like to straighten my hair on occasion
~i imagine when my hair gets to apl or bsl that i will want to relax it
~ive been thinking about texlaxing but im scared that i will accidentaly end up with bone straight hair
~when i press my hair my ends are always frizzy and dry.:wallbash: i dont know if its my technique or my hair. but im leaning towards it being my hair b/c the rest of my length is smooth, moisturized and straight
~i may be back with more confessions :nono:

im back already....
~i really want to buy a wig for bad/lazy hair days
~i want a lace front but refuse to spend that much money on 1 wig

nikkivale

List some of your hair confessions!!!! I have a terrible one.......

I confess I haven't washed my hair since last month!!:eek:

I confess I'm just not into my hair like I use to be now that I know it can grow long.

I confess I'm not much of a product junkie but my hair still grows.

I feel you on that one, I don't keep up with a complicated regimine nor overprotect my hair like I used to when i was struggling with it. I don't think about my hair as much anymore.

I confess I don't seal my hair with oil like I should

QT

I QT. confess that I pat my head b/c of the itchies...... I use to do it when I had a perm (b4 a touch up). I also scratch w/ my nails :nono:. Clearly i have a problem w/ my scalp :wallbash:.

ETA: I confess I'm HOOKED TO LHCF!!!!!