Single Christian Women's Support - THE REMIX!

Discussion in 'Christian Fellowship' started by Glib Gurl, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Belle Du Jour

Belle Du Jour Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Albums:
  2. Lucia

Lucia Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
  3. Lucia

Lucia Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    This was on point, yes she upsells her book but still a good message

Belle Du Jour likes this.
  4. Lucia

Lucia Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
  5. Lucia

Lucia Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
  6. TrueSugar

TrueSugar Active Member

Blog Posts:
    Right now I have a guy that is pursuing me that I am not completely attracted too. I dont know if I should just go along or pump the brakes. I am so fearful about dating, but I know that most if it is about being rejected.

Belle Du Jour, immy and Lucia like this.
  7. Lucia

Lucia Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I came in here to post a video about just this situation from Heather Lindsay, there are no coincidences.

If you think you should slow down or pause and evaluate then pump those brakes. You're not obligated to date a guy just cause he's nice, has a good job, church going Christian etc... if he's not the one then he's not the one. Even if your not head over heals in love with him on two seconds, you should at least have something about him that is drawing you to him.

To play it safe you could just keep it on the friends level, and don't let things progress and pray about it, and who God has for you but really you can't create something from nothing, if you don't find him attractive, then you shouldn't have to force things, or have to "convince" yourself to date someone your just not into enough. You don't want to spend everyday of the rest of your life married to someone you settled for while struggling everyday to make things work, that's just hell on earth.

Let Jesus handle this, offer this up in prayer daily and He will show you the way and bring that husband to you. Like Jackie Francois Angel (YouTube ) said about her husband Jesus picked the best man to be my husband.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017 at 12:46 AM
    beingofserenity likes this.
  8. Lucia

Lucia Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
  9. Belle Du Jour

Belle Du Jour Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Albums:
    I would say give him a shot if it's ONLY based on lack of physical attraction. That can grow after getting to know a person. You said you are fearful about dating which leads me to believe that you are self-sabotaging in this situation. It sounds like you want to cut him off before he has a chance to do that to you. I would say pray about it but based on what you said, it sounds like you are not clear about what you really want and may be putting up barriers.

10. bellatiamarie

bellatiamarie Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    With all that is going on in the world I don't know if I want to have any children any more. I used to want 6. I don't think I want to bring any into the world now. Am I the only one? I trust that if I were to have kids that God would provide and take care of them but the way this world is going I just don't know. At the end of the day, God's will be done.

11. Lucia

Lucia Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Be careful what you say even with little things, remember Jesus said Be more concerned with what comes out of your mouth than what you put in. Matt 15:12-20.
    We're human we will have fear, doubt etc... but we can't let that dictate our lives, don't let the enemy manipulate you with fear. Fear helps us be careful keep ourselves safe in bad situations but you must control fear and doubt, not let them control you. If the Lord had put in in your heart to be a wife and mother well dang it that's what your supposed to be doing one day don't let the devil steal your purpose and your joy. That's what he wants to time our human clocks out until it's too late to fulfill what God intended us to do.

Don't let the enemy fill you with doubt, nip that in the bud, cast him down don't let it take root in your spirit. Don't entertain negative thoughts or words for long, it will take a toll then manifest. Basically we can curse ourselves without even realizing it. Power of life and death is in the tongue. Proverbs 18:21

I learned this in mass yesterday, so it's not my wisdom. He said we should say this little prayer the man prayed especially in times of doubt, fear, disbelief, etc...

“I do believe; help my unbelief.”

It's from Mark 9:17-29

17And one of the crowd answered Him, “Teacher, I brought You my son, possessed with a spirit which makes him mute; 18and whenever it seizes him, it slams him to the ground and he foams at the mouth, and grinds his teeth and stiffens out. I told Your disciples to cast it out, and they could not do it.19And He answered them and said, “O unbelieving generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring him to Me!” 20They brought the boy to Him. When he saw Him, immediately the spirit threw him into a convulsion, and falling to the ground, he began rolling around and foaming at the mouth. 21And He asked his father, “How long has this been happening to him?” And he said, “From childhood. 22“It has often thrown him both into the fire and into the water to destroy him. But if You can do anything, take pity on us and help us!” 23And Jesus said to him, “ ‘If You can?’ All things are possible to him who believes.” 24Immediately the boy’s father cried out and said, “I do believe; help my unbelief.” 25When Jesus saw that a crowd was rapidly gathering, He rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it, “You deaf and mute spirit, I command you, come out of him and do not enter him again.” 26After crying out and throwing him into terrible convulsions, it came out; and the boy became so much like a corpse that most of them said, “He is dead!” 27But Jesus took him by the hand and raised him; and he got up. 28When He came into the house, His disciples began questioning Him privately, “Why could we not drive it out?” 29And He said to them, “This kind cannot come out by anything but prayer.”

If your just having a hard time during your disrupt eorl, annoying people working your nerves, whatever just say this little prayer anytime- Lord have mercy on me. Oops post got long. Hth

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017 at 4:26 PM
  12. Lucia

Lucia Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
  13. bellatiamarie

bellatiamarie Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Yes, I agree and understand. I wanted to have 6 kids. Just because I want something doesn't necessarily mean it's God's will for my life. I will admit that there is an element of fear there that I need to address. At the same time I'm learning in my walk to be honest about the difference between my wants and God's will.

Lucia likes this.
  14. Lucia

Lucia Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
  15. Lucia

Lucia Well-Known Member

Blog Posts: