~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

ZkittyKurls

oh and here is a small comparison pic from dec 7th and june 8th of my twists, granted, they both are shrunken about 20% from when i first had them done. but i can tell that i have at least 2 inches of growth, after a 1/2 inch trim bet march n april.

Attachments

• 2010-12-17 14.20.44.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 2011-06-11 17.44.45.jpg
    2011-06-11 17.44.45.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 47

Roux

I poked around the BSS today and found Femi Marley Braid hair in a lot of colors. I think I will probably use that brand for twists.

Skiggle

It's one week later and I still have my mini twists in. I left them in that french roll updo all week and all I did was rebraid the bang part every night for a braidout bang in the morning. I washed and DC'ed my hair today so here is a wet hair pic

I love wet twists... there so seductive:lol::sekret::blondboob

jazzerz

I BCd 3 days ago and I have no idea what to do with this hair. Where is the natural hair manual when you need it?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF app

Avaya

Well, I henna'ed and indigo'ed yesterday :ohwell:. Although I'm loving the color, the process was a mess - I had to clean my bathroom 2 times, took too long- started at 2PM, finished the process around 12AM, rinsing out the henna knocked out my twists and now my hair is loose and coily and I can't comb it to save my life, my hair feels weird and none of my products are working to give me slip :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:.

I'm going to make some hair lotion and butter tonight. Hopefully one or the other will help my hair feel good again and allow me to comb this mess so that I can retwist it. I was up to past midnight last night and I still ain't done with my hair! I rewet it and put some conditioner on it and a couple of shower bags and went to bed! I'll try tackling it again later today after I take care of some business (worship, laundry, studying, etc.).

Attached pics:

1) Hair in twists with henna in it - Front
2) Hair in twists with henna in it - Back
3) Hair after henna was rinsed out - Front
4) Hair after henna was rinsed out - Back
4) Hair with indigo in it - Front

Pics continued in next post

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Avaya

5) Hair with Indigo in it - Back
7) Hair after indigo rinsed out, deep conditioned, and final rinse - Front
8) Hair after indigo rinsed out, deep conditioned, and final rinse - Back

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 19

Roux

so I ordered some bobraz to make a wig but I have time to do some twists so i'm not sure which I should do...

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
Avaya Henna acts like a protein so you definitely need a good moisture DC after any henna treatment. Your hair is going to feel a little funny until you give it some moisture. A cowash isn't enough, you need a moisture DC

NikkiQ

so I ordered some bobraz to make a wig but I have time to do some twists so i'm not sure which I should do...

I'm making a wig too!!! But I'm too scared to order any expensive hair since this is my first time.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Long Hair Care Forum App

MizzBrown

I BCd 3 days ago and I have no idea what to do with this hair. Where is the natural hair manual when you need it?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF app

I'm 2 weeks in and still a little clueless. Its funny when you been on this board ALL this time and think you know but it's a whole nother ball game when you chop it off.

Last edited:

MizzBrown

Are yall washing your hair more?

I feel the urge to wash all the time. I've been washing every 2-3 days. I love washing my hair. Cause its so easy! Wash and go.

And since I'm washing more, I notice my rinse isnt lasting. So I'm seeing my grays sooner. I may need to get a permanent dye.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Are yall washing your hair more?

I feel the urge to wash all the time. I've been washing every 2-3 days. I love washing my hair. Cause its so easy! Wash and go.

And since I'm washing more, I notice my rinse isnt lasting. So I'm seeing my grays sooner. I may need to get a permanent dye.

Try using sulfate free shampoo. I'd stick with the rinse, just do it more often. Permanent dye can be damaging.

MummysGirl

Hi Ladies :)

I've had my twists in for a week now. I DC'd overnight and cowashed this morning and I'm drying them in 2 french braids. This way they'll dry stretched because my shrinkage is ridiculous!

Have a nice day!

Ltown

Greyland
Well, I henna'ed and indigo'ed yesterday :ohwell:. Although I'm loving the color, the process was a mess - I had to clean my bathroom 2 times, took too long- started at 2PM, finished the process around 12AM, rinsing out the henna knocked out my twists and now my hair is loose and coily and I can't comb it to save my life, my hair feels weird and none of my products are working to give me slip :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:.

I'm going to make some hair lotion and butter tonight. Hopefully one or the other will help my hair feel good again and allow me to comb this mess so that I can retwist it. I was up to past midnight last night and I still ain't done with my hair! I rewet it and put some conditioner on it and a couple of shower bags and went to bed! I'll try tackling it again later today after I take care of some business (worship, laundry, studying, etc.).

Attached pics:

1) Hair in twists with henna in it - Front
2) Hair in twists with henna in it - Back
3) Hair after henna was rinsed out - Front
4) Hair after henna was rinsed out - Back
4) Hair with indigo in it - Front

Pics continued in next post

I had a bad incident with indigo, broke me out and I lost hair unfortunately please make sure you keep rinsing and use moisture. Good Luck!

Roux

I'm making a wig too!!! But I'm too scared to order any expensive hair since this is my first time.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Long Hair Care Forum App

I made a bobraz wig while I was transitioning and it was SOOOO cute! There was a girl on BHM selling her used bobraz for $30 so I couldn't pass that up.

What kind of hair are you using?

Alta Angel

Hello everyone,

I'm so looking forward to getting my hair straightened on Friday basically so I can get a trim. I think I am going to start getting trims every 4 months...6 months is pushing it.

Attachments

• P6130424a.jpg
    P6130424a.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 59

NikkiQ

I made a bobraz wig while I was transitioning and it was SOOOO cute! There was a girl on BHM selling her used bobraz for $30 so I couldn't pass that up.

What kind of hair are you using?

Just some Model Model hair that I had stashed in my hair collection in my closet :lol:. I'm half way done and it looks pretty good so far.

Roux

I think I have fine hair that makes my twists fuzz immediately, my daughters hair is much of the same way, these didn't even last 5 days! Oh well, when my bobraz gets here I will be rocking it instead. I definitely need to find some wig clips for it instead of sewing it on. I think I will def be putting twists on hold.

Alta Angel

I am going to get about an inch or 1.5 inches cut. I am preparing myself to get about 2-3 inches cut per year. I hate getting my hair cut, but I love they way it feels afterward. I don't seem to have any problems with splits or SSKs, but its hard to tell in this mass of hair!:lachen:

@Alta Angel ...How much do you get trimmed off?

Avaya

Rinsed my hair like crazy and washed it again with a shampoo bar. It is now responding better to products. Neither my hair lotion nor cream came out the way I wanted. My twists actually look really good but the cream is caked on them and did not dry clear.

I envy folks that can twist their whole head in like 3-5 hours. It takes me that much time just to do one quadrant. My hair is so coily its hard to comb and detangle. Anyway, I was only able to twist the back. I tucked and rolled the front since I needed to get to sleep. It actually looks kind of cute. I'll maybe take a pic and post it. This will make day three that I have been working on my hair. Goodness I hope I finish these dog on twists today. I have too many other things I have to tend to!

Last edited:

hairsothick

Black and Magical
I have been abusing my hair over the past couple of days.

I was trying to be fancy and do a flat twist upside, but my left side was looking horrible. After 2 nights of unsuccessful attempts to complete the style, I threw her into a puff with only water and ecostyler gel.

Now she is all crunchy. :nono:

I'M going to give up on the updos for now and just do some regular old twists.

I need to practice flat twisting on the left side of ny head.

Imani

Hello everyone,

I'm so looking forward to getting my hair straightened on Friday basically so I can get a trim. I think I am going to start getting trims every 4 months...6 months is pushing it.

Alta Angel Is this a braid out or wash and go? Your styles always look so full and seem to fall just right.

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
I'm working on week 5 with these box braids. I'll post up when I make it to week 6...for now, I have to stay out of this thread because you guys are making me miss my loose hair :(

Roux

took my twists out and didn't do much after that so I have a box shaped fro...great. Will manage to put on my wig...my bobraz will be here tomorrow! Yay!

Alta Angel

Imani,

This was a braidout using Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie. Due to the heat and humidity, by the end of the day my hair was huge. I used 6 braids leaving about an inch unbraided and added a small (pink) rod.

Alta Angel Is this a braid out or wash and go? Your styles always look so full and seem to fall just right.

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
I have to say I love how easy it's been this month with these twists in. They've been in for about a week and a half and have been in updos. I'll probably start wearing them down for week 3 then I'll think of taking them down around week 4