~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

pookaloo83

I'm frying fish right now, but after that my sis is cornrowing my hair and I'm putting in some crochet braids in for a while. Maybe about 3 weeks.

cch24

Playing with my wash and go's this week has turned me into a PJ. While I like the definition that Eco-Styler gave me, I don't like that it flakes when it dries, and doesn't seem to mix well with my other products. Tomorrow I'm going to try using the Curls Rock Curl Amplifier as a leave-in, and the Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie for styling. If that fails, I just placed an order on CurlMart for Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Creme, Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Aloe Fix Hair Styling Gel, Jessicurl Rockin' Ringlets Styling Potion, JessiCurl Confident Coils Styling Solution, and Mixed Chicks Leave-in. I don't know what order I'll try these in, but I can't wait to try them all!

Glamorous_chic

^^i had the same problem. i tried to do a twist out and it looked horrible b/c of my length. what i found though was doing puffs and wng for now until my hair gets more length. also i've noticed as time passes since my bc my hair doesn't have as much shrinkage

NikkiQ

I got the bug and decided to TRY to do two strand twists on my hair. I was able to do quite a few, but Lord do they look horrible :lachen: Well the twists themselves don't look bad, but my sections look a HAM! I'm gonna wear them under my wigs for the next 2 days and take them down on Tuesday for Mardi Gras. I detangled each section with my Denman brush and applied a little bit of Bee Mine Curly Butter since I don't really have many products to aid in holding a style at the moment. Hopefully they come out okay. I also took the time out to do a better trim of my hair. I noticed quite a few areas of scraggly,dry, brittle ends. I'm thinking it was the infamous "scab hair" b/c these were the sections that had no curls whatsoever. Needless to say after taking off maybe 1/8" all over and running the Denman back over the section after applying the BM, my hair instantly curled up all over. I'm SO happy!

MA2010

Hey ladies! :hiya:

I tried to recreate Taren916's side do the other day.

Mine is not as full but I liked the look. This was an old braid out that I fluffed up and pinned to one side. Easy, simple style.

MummysGirl

Tried bentonite clay on my hair for the 1st time (I've used it on my face)...

I used Fullers Earth powder (from an Indian store), ACV and water.

Applied mix to hair and left on for under an hour, also applied to my face for 10 minutes.

Here are a couple of pics after I rinsed it out:

My hair feels so clean, I applied my deep conditioner to my hair and it's still on right now.

It's definitely a keeper :yep:

andromeda

^^ lovely hair, ladies!

So ladies,

I got my hair blown out and flat ironed at an Aveda salon on Saturday. I've gone to this salon before with no problems meaning my hair reverted back to it's normal texture. But this time it didn't.

She scorched my hair.
nestlequik How's your hair doing?

Random hair related rants:

My new steamer will be here tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wasn't able to steam this past weekend because I sold my Huetiful steamer already.

My hair is growing and I can see it now!!!! Well when I comb it out. Otherwise I have some serious shrinkage goinz on. lol

I love Darcy Botanicals products. I mean Darcy's MAY be steppin' on Oyin's toes in my product cabinets!

I can finally get a cute/presentable flat twist style...Woot!
Fab_Nikki Why did you sell the huetiful steamer? Which steamer did you get to replace it? How are you linking it so far?

cch24 Keep us updated on the results of your product trials! :yep:

Jewell

I got the bug and decided to TRY to do two strand twists on my hair. I was able to do quite a few, but Lord do they look horrible :lachen: Well the twists themselves don't look bad, but my sections look a HAM! I'm gonna wear them under my wigs for the next 2 days and take them down on Tuesday for Mardi Gras. I detangled each section with my Denman brush and applied a little bit of Bee Mine Curly Butter since I don't really have many products to aid in holding a style at the moment. Hopefully they come out okay. I also took the time out to do a better trim of my hair. I noticed quite a few areas of scraggly,dry, brittle ends. I'm thinking it was the infamous "scab hair" b/c these were the sections that had no curls whatsoever. Needless to say after taking off maybe 1/8" all over and running the Denman back over the section after applying the BM, my hair instantly curled up all over. I'm SO happy!

Congrats on trying! I'm glad you took a chance at it...that's what I did. Still haven't undid mine, but we shall see what they look like. There are no sections to mine, I just grabbed equal parts of hair, and twisted. lol

I noticed some of my ends are all of a sudden dry and crunchy. Now I took off a lot of hair in my BC, but I have noticed some lil straight areas...probably scab hair. I will go back over and trim more on mine myself if they still feel bad after another month of catching up on DC's.

Fab_Nikki

@Fab_Nikki Why did you sell the huetiful steamer? Which steamer did you get to replace it? How are you linking it so far?

andromeda
I loved the Huetiful steamer but it would never get to my nape area. I would have to turn around backward and sit in an uncomfortable position to get that area steamed. I got the steamer that is on wheels. The one from ibeauty or whatever that company is called. I like the new steamer but the Huetiful steamer pumped out more steam. It works wondefully though. Definitely glad I purchased the new one.

fivetimestwo

I just ended my 20 month transition a few hours ago so now I'm completely natural again. I posted a few pics in the 'Transitioning without the BC' thread but more can be found in my fotki (see siggy). Here's what my newly natural hair looks like now:

100_4613.jpg

and my ponytail saturated with conditioner:

100_4621.jpg

Attachments

• 100_4614.jpg
    100_4614.jpg
    474.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_4615.jpg
    100_4615.jpg
    509.8 KB · Views: 43

NikkiQ

Congrats on trying! I'm glad you took a chance at it...that's what I did. Still haven't undid mine, but we shall see what they look like. There are no sections to mine, I just grabbed equal parts of hair, and twisted. lol

I noticed some of my ends are all of a sudden dry and crunchy. Now I took off a lot of hair in my BC, but I have noticed some lil straight areas...probably scab hair. I will go back over and trim more on mine myself if they still feel bad after another month of catching up on DC's.

Mine are still hidden under my wigs today. I won't take them down until tomorrow morning and I hope they look pretty good taken down. They're super soft right now. Of course I can't help but to touch them lol. That brittle hair was totally bugging me and a little bit more hair wouldn't hurt since I'm already pretty short. Especially if it means healthier hair. Now...the true journey begins!

Fab_Nikki

I colored my hair with Cherrywood Texture & Tones last night. I hate the color (lol). The front is too brown and the back is barely visible. BUT that conditioner inside the box is straight hair crack!!!!! It made my hair the softest it's ever been. Slip city!

I would post pics but the color really doesn't show well. Blah! I might go to Aveda for the real deal.

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
I haven't posted in a LONG time. I'm still hanging in there. MY 1 month nappiversary was last month. I think I'm at about 3.5-4.5 inches all over (I suck at measuring). I was getting tired of my hair so I got my first weave put in. Itchy itchy. 1 week down...7 to go. I doubt I make it though, lol. I'll post pics when I take it out.

pookaloo83

I haven't posted in a LONG time. I'm still hanging in there. MY 1 month nappiversary was last month. I think I'm at about 3.5-4.5 inches all over (I suck at measuring). I was getting tired of my hair so I got my first weave put in. Itchy itchy. 1 week down...7 to go. I doubt I make it though, lol. I'll post pics when I take it out.

From looking at your siggy your hair has grown!

cch24

I'm going back to my usual bun until my new products show up. I'm considering cowashing in the mornings like I always do, putting my hair in seven braids, and sitting under the dryer for a half hour every morning. This way I could daily cowash and protective style while still wearing my hair "out". We'll see...

Platinum

I'm starting a new job next week and I'm trying to decide if I'm going to get my hair braided. I haven't decided if I'm going to get Senegalese Twists or Box Braids, I want something that's going to last at least 8 weeks.

andromeda

:wavey: Your siggy is the perfect illustration of one of the things I love about afro-textured hair - it sits atop one's head like a crown, looking beautiful in side-profile. Effortlessly regal!

Look forward to the pics. :yep:

nestlequik

^^ lovely hair, ladies!

@nestlequik How's your hair doing?

@Fab_Nikki Why did you sell the huetiful steamer? Which steamer did you get to replace it? How are you linking it so far?

@cch24 Keep us updated on the results of your product trials! :yep:

It was definitely scorched. While it still curls, it's a loose curl so I have to twist it so it blends into the rest of my hair.

I'm never going back. Good thing I've gone to another stylist who is great with trims (does it on wet hair) but this experience has taught me that I need to learn how to flat iron my natural hair. BTW, I've decided to hydratherma a go for a month and so far its day 3 and my hair feel so soft and moisturized. Not moisturized like I feel product in my hair but it's actually soft and smooth when I run my fingers through some strands. It's great, my hair doesn't feel coated, I don't have to wipe my fingers off or anything. But it's only day 3 so we will see how it goes.

Last edited:

Roux

I still need to take pics, lol. feels good though! definitely hiding my hair with wigs and weaves for probably a year...maybe IDK i'm moving to the south and I know the summer gets hot so who knows what will happen, lol.

mrsjohnson75

Just discoved the Tangle Teezer....ITS A NEW DAY...lol!! I love this thing:)

I've been slacking on pics and updating my fotki but I'm still here and will get back on my pic/fotki grind. :grin:

I'm loving the updates and pics from everyone:drunk:...I'll be back participating soon. :) I'm @ 21 months post relaxer (7 months post BC). My hair is doing great. I've been half wigging it, doing my beloved braidouts, big puffs and bunning.

-PYT

My hair is so healthy without that relaxer. I can see the growth and feel it as my twists even swing now at the slightest head movement! My hair never grew past my shoulders when I was relaxed. I look forward to growing to its full potential! :yep: