The Super Short Bun Challenge!

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I know that personally, I can't do long-term challenges-I'm horrible at it.
So, I was wondering if anyone at all was interested in joining me in a short, quick and easy bunning challenge?
it'd last from September 2nd to November 2nd.:grin:
then, if we want to keep going, we will, but if not....:look:
just post a starting picture, and your regimen.
i know that i'll probably be wearing my hair out on weekends, and bunning during the week. do as you see fit...

I'll join you in this challenge. This is the same time period I am using to repair breakage and give my hair a rest, so it works out perfectly.:yep:

Regimen:
2x weekly cowash with one of the following: (V05 Moisture Milks, JASON Lavender Strengthening, V05 Split Ends Anti-Breakage, Organix Coconut Milk, Nature's Gate Organics)
1x weekly clarifying with shampoo bar
2x monthly henna
2x weekly DC, alternating between moisture and protein treatments, depending on need (Miss Key 1 en 10, Elasta QP DPR-11+, Lustrasilk Shea Butter, SitriNillah, YTC Mud Mask)

I incorporate ayurvedic teas and powders into cowashes and henna treatments, moisturize and seal as needed (use cheapie conditioners, amla oil, vatika oil, CoCasta oil, JBCO, glycerine or shea butter at different times)

I am not going to use any heat during this challenge.
I think that's all...

Attachments

• user85048_pic21600_1251771891.jpg
    user85048_pic21600_1251771891.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
^^glad to have you along, mtmorg!
i'll be back to post my stuff soon-gotta go take a pic...

I want to be a part of this challenge because I can never grow my hair past APL when I constantly wear it down. My regi is pretty simple; still trying to tweak it.
REGIMEN
cowash almost every other day with tresemme anti breakage conditioner
deep condition once a week with lustrasilk olive oil
aphogee keratin treatment once a week after washing with aphogee shampoo

I also do an aphogee two step hard protein every six weeks; this is the only time I like to straighten my hair with a flat iron.

I also roller set to make my bun fuller when I have time.

I really want to transition but I also want length so this bun challenge should make it easier to reach my goal(s).

So heres my starting pic:
ixxxy0.jpg

Last edited:
a really bad length shot, but it's all i got right now
misce067.jpg

my typical wash-and-go
misce063.jpg

some typical bun shots-how i usually do my wet buns:
misce057.jpg

misce061.jpg

my regimen:
shampoo/DC once every 1-2 weeks, depending on how my scalp feels
cowash almost daily and wet-bun
wear hair out on weekends

I want to be a part of this challenge because I can never grow my hair past APL when I constantly wear it down. My regi is pretty simple; still trying to tweak it.
REGIMEN
cowash almost every other day with tresemme anti breakage conditioner
deep condition once a week with lustrasilk olive oil
aphogee keratin treatment once a week after washing with aphogee shampoo
I also do an aphogee two step hard protein every six weeks; this is the only time I like to straighten my hair with a flat iron.
I also roller set to make my bun fuller when I have time.
I really want to transition but I also want length so this bun challenge should make it easier to reach my goal(s).
nice to have you on board! :grin:

Hello ladies, I know that this may be the forgotten challenge but as a newbie i'm so excited to finally complete my first challenge. It has been two months since this bun challenge started and I have made some progress. I will definitely continue bunning; it is really helping with my transition.
Here are my progress pics

I really need a trim due to previous heat abuse, but I wont just yet because I have OCD with my ends; I don't know how to put the scissors down lol.
Based on my progress how long do you think that it will take me to reach APL. I want to start trimming the relaxed hair off once I reach APL.
Anyway thanks to everyone for the tips, you all are very inspirational.

Hello ladies, I know that this may be the forgotten challenge but as a newbie i'm so excited to finally complete my first challenge. It has been two months since this bun challenge started and I have made some progress. I will definitely continue bunning; it is really helping with my transition.
Here are my progress pics

I really need a trim due to previous heat abuse, but I wont just yet because I have OCD with my ends; I don't know how to put the scissors down lol.
Based on my progress how long do you think that it will take me to reach APL. I want to start trimming the relaxed hair off once I reach APL.
Anyway thanks to everyone for the tips, you all are very inspirational.
Ok I see you.. congrats on your first challenge. You are showing good progress

Ok I see you.. congrats on your first challenge. You are showing good progress

Good Job,Cutemiss!!
I am doing a 4 month no heat/bunning challenge. I am currently 1 month into my challenge! I just made 8 weeks post today and am stretching until 12 weeks. I can't wait to see my results and your post has motivated me!!!

Back