Hey Ladies~
Those of you who have transformed your hair >>>
from
=thin, lifeless, limp and sick~
*to*
=thick, luxurious, long and healthy~
Could you please share your regimen?

A few guiding questions...
What did you do to get your hair transformed?
How long did it take?
What products helped you the most?
Did you take supplements?
Were you doing a lot of protective styling?
Did you use growth aids?
Who was your inspiration?

State as much as you can, including questions that I didn't ask. I've included a poll to find out how long it took to get your new Crown and Glory...

Before and After Pictures would be mah-velous.
I know you all won't leave your girl hangin'.:grin:
I'm really hoping this could become a reference thread for all those seeking the same advice.
There are so many of you that have attained your goals - you have totally transformed your tresses. You are so blessed to have found those things that really work for you.
Please share with those of us aiming for the mark.

Thanks so much in advance.
(((((((Hugs to all of you))))))) + *Smooches* and *Blessings*
~Br*nze*~

Last edited:

vestaluv1

I still have a long way to go, but my hair is starting to get thicker and longer slowly, but surely.

• Protective styling with wigs and buns/phony ponies
  • Moisturising and sealing once to twice a day with Carrot Oil or Shea Butter and Vatika Oil, Almond Oil or Coconut Oil.
  • Baggying every night
  • Prepooing with Ayurvedic Oils
  • Head massages during my preepoos
  • Ayurvedic powders rinses/washes instead of conventional shampoos
  • Deep conditioning after every wash with Hair Mayonnaise
  • Minimal combing
How long did it take?

5 to 6 months to get where I'm at now.

Carrot Oil and Shea Butter as well as sealants (Vatika Oil and Almond Oil) as my hair loves moisture.

Yes, for a short while: Flaxseed Oil, MSM, Silica Vitamin B Complex and Vitamin A, C and D.

Yes, 99.9% of the time. I may have worn my hair out 3 times in the last 7 months.

Did you use growth aids?

Yes, for a short time. I used Dens sulphur mix for a couple of months, but not all over my scalp, just near the nape... why did I stop :ohwell:.

Macherieamour. I saw her video on U Tube about damaged hair repair and she inspired me to challenge myself and try to gain healthy, long hair and document my progress to give myself motivation.

Since finding LHCF, Traycee has also been a big inspiration.

Well, as I said, I still have a long way to go to reach my goal which is healthy, thick BSL, but this regimen got me to my first goal which was APL (until I got a rather large trim a couple of weeks ago).

Thats another thing, a trim can dramatically change the appearance and health of your hair. If the ends need to go, let them go.

PICS:
LATE MARCH 2008

http://public.fotki.com/vestaluv1/from-the-beginning!/myhair.html
http://public.fotki.com/vestaluv1/dry-hair-length-and/startingpic21stmarch.html
http://public.fotki.com/vestaluv1/wet-hair-length-and/washedhair.html
OCTOBER 2008

http://public.fotki.com/vestaluv1/wet-hair-length-and/25sat0ctwethairfirs.html
http://public.fotki.com/vestaluv1/dry-hair-length-and/17thoctfreshlyerelaxer2.html

Last edited:

prospurr4

I basically keep my hair clean, moisturized and protected. My detailed regimen is in the "About Me" section of my fotki. Consistency is key.

How long did it take?
I began to see improvement in the health and thickness, as well as growth, in just a few months.

My number one "product" is water; drinking more of it and moisturizing my hair with it, really improved the health of my hair. Extra virgin coconut oil comes in at second place.

Yes, for my overall health. My hair gets the benefit as well.

Yes; wet bunning works wonders for retaining length. I usually wear them for about 4-5 weeks in a row, then take a break for a while. But even when I wear other styles, I moisturize with a little water and cocount oil every night.

Did you use growth aids?
No.

OMG! So many; there are just too many gorgeous heads on this forum to name.

Here's my latest comparison picture (of damp hair) showing 13 months of progress from 4/2007 to 5/2008.

bellecheveux

Wash, condition, and deep condition weekly. I also moisturize daily or every other day. And I stretch my relaxers.

How long did it take?
1 year and a few months.

ORS Replenishing and my new love ApHogee 2 Minute.

I took GNC Nourishair, but the breakouts weren't worth it so I take Iron only for now.

OH, YES. Braids, buns, and ponies.

Did you use growth aids?

Essential oils, MN for a few weeks, and Cayenne pepper mixed with olive oil.

MsKibibi!

My hair has improved ten fold since starting my hair journey back in June '07. My right side was completely uneven :nono:, and now it's the same length as the back (except for the front since I got bangs). Now, the only thing I have left to do is grow the left side since I got an asymmetrical haircut in June '08 which left that side shorter. After that, I'll be happy and grow my hair to MBL. :grin:

This is an older picture, but you can get a good idea of how my hair changed.

Last edited:

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
- Went to the barber and cut it off

How long did it take?
- About 20 minutes. From the moment I BC'd I was determined to have a healthy head of hair bc if I didn't what was the point?

- I think using all natural products have helped a lot because they seem to be more concentrated and formulated for optimum moisture. Qhemet Biologics is my favorite brand.

- I go back and forth and never take anything too long. I took some MSM and Biotin but haven't in so long

- Yes and especially in winter. Having my hair in twists is my key to hair growth

Did you use growth aids?
- I've also gone back and forth on that. I've tried MTG and MT but again, I'm not good at consistency so...

My hair in Jan 05, before my BC

My natural hair in Apr 08

My natural hair straightened Oct 08

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

I basically keep my hair clean, moisturized and protected. My detailed regimen is in the "About Me" section of my fotki. Consistency is key.

How long did it take?
I began to see improvement in the health and thickness, as well as growth, in just a few months.

My number one "product" is water; drinking more of it and moisturizing my hair with it, really improved the health of my hair. Extra virgin coconut oil comes in at second place.

Yes, for my overall health. My hair gets the benefit as well.

Yes; wet bunning works wonders for retaining length. I usually wear them for about 4-5 weeks in a row, then take a break for a while. But even when I wear other styles, I moisturize with a little water and cocount oil every night.

Did you use growth aids?
No.

OMG! So many; there are just too many gorgeous heads on this forum to name.

Here's my latest comparison picture (of damp hair) showing 13 months of progress from 4/2007 to 5/2008.
My heavens! Truly transformed! Your hair looks awesome! Great job in such a short period of time....What supplements did you take, prospurr4?

Wash, condition, and deep condition weekly. I also moisturize daily or every other day. And I stretch my relaxers.

How long did it take?
1 year and a few months.

ORS Replenishing and my new love ApHogee 2 Minute.

I took GNC Nourishair, but the breakouts weren't worth it so I take Iron only for now.

OH, YES. Braids, buns, and ponies.

Did you use growth aids?
Essential oils, MN for a few weeks, and Cayenne pepper mixed with olive oil.

MsKibibi!

My hair has improved ten fold since starting my hair journey back in June '07. My right side was completely uneven :nono:, and now it's the same length as the back (except for the front since I got bangs). Now, the only thing I have left to do is grow the left side since I got an asymmetrical haircut in June '08 which left that side shorter. After that, I'll be happy and grow my hair to MBL. :grin:

This is an older picture, but you can get a good idea of how my hair changed.
Belle! I saw your head of hair early on when I joined LHCF and it reminded me of my own...that was inspiring. I see that you too, have transformed your tresses. Wow. This is exactly what i was hoping for. Keep bumping this thread, guys, okay! This will help alot of us...

- Went to the barber and cut it off

How long did it take?
- About 20 minutes. From the moment I BC'd I was determined to have a healthy head of hair bc if I didn't what was the point?

- I think using all natural products have helped a lot because they seem to be more concentrated and formulated for optimum moisture. Qhemet Biologics is my favorite brand.

- I go back and forth and never take anything too long. I took some MSM and Biotin but haven't in so long

- Yes and especially in winter. Having my hair in twists is my key to hair growth

Did you use growth aids?
- I've also gone back and forth on that. I've tried MTG and MT but again, I'm not good at consistency so...

My hair in Jan 05, before my BC

My natural hair in Apr 08

My natural hair straightened Oct 08
Wildchild, girl you got a serious head of hair...I'm transitioning, and I'm praying for thickness like this, as well. 3 years, huh? I'm definitely inspired. Keep em coming! You are a T~T, as well...Transformed~Tressor..LOL!

Thanks ladies for your contribution, let's get this going. This is so inspirational....keep bumping this up I know so many will benefit from your proven results.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

I'm hoping that all the hundreds of ladies who have had hair transformations will come and encourage us by posting their regimen, products, etc...i know y'all are out there, come on and post....we'll be here 4 ya~