Transitioners Club

SherryLove

I made the decision to transition on 5/1/04...I chopped off 4.5 inches of relaxed hair. My last relaxer was 4/10/04. I have 3/4 inch of new growth and am sporting a lot of smart looking headwraps......

laroots

I am also transitioning but I don't have a routine either. My last relaxer was May 11th. I am dealing with a lot of hair and scalp issues. My hair has broken off in the nape area and on the left side. I ordered Surge yesterday. I will probably get the BC when the broken areas fill in.

morehairplease

Wow,I too have breakage in the same areas as you. I plan on getting my BC once they grow in,as well----we MUST be hair buddies
!!
I wish you much HHG!!!

Warmest regards,
Tishee

JenJen2721

My last relaxer was on 5/4/04...I'm seriously considering transitioning, but not 100% sure yet. My next relaxer appt is scheduled for June 30th and my hairdresser's usually booked out several weeks. If I miss my 6/30 appt..I'll consider myself officially transitioning. If I do, I don't plan to use weaves or braids, so we'll see!

Bobbie

I'm also transitioning and it's been 6 months since my last relaxer. I'm not 100% sure yet on what I'm going to do, but I do plan to go another 3 months without a relaxer. I plan on sporting some afro kinky twists for the summer.

tasha

[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove said:
I made the decision to transition on 5/1/04...I chopped off 4.5 inches of relaxed hair. My last relaxer was 4/10/04. I have 3/4 inch of new growth and am sporting a lot of smart looking headwraps......

[/ QUOTE ]
wow sherrylove! what made you decide to transition?

CharUK

"Honestly, Truly"
Hi, i'm in!

I'm 4 months into my transition and i'm currently wearing kinky twists, which are coming out on saturday.

I plan on transitioning for 15 months.

x

Tai

I'm in. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I didn't know we had a transitioners club. I'm on month 5 of my transition. I plan to transition between 18-24 months. I want to have shoulder length natural hair w/ shrinkage before I chop off my texturized ends. So far, so good. Monday through Friday buns covered with phonytails and wash n gos on the weekends have been seeing me through just fine. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

alliyah4eva203

im also transition. i'm currently 17 weeks post relaxer and i've gone for 10 week without using any heat(a mini challenge i set for myself. i'm trying to go 6 months).

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
I cant wait til I find out what my real texture is like!!!!!

Things have been going well for me so far. when I got my straight tree braids taken out, I did co washes everyday..well, mostly everyday for a couple of weeks and I did not aply heat. I surged it up somethin firece and tied my hair down at nite. My hair responded very well.

Now, I have wavy tree braids and i have been washing them 1 to 2x/week and spraying with infusium and african pride braid spray.....so far so good, but I will look at my real hair again once I take the braids out.

Plan on getting a haircut when I go back to the states.

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
[ QUOTE ]
I started in the fall of 2002 using hennalucent based on recommendations by others who used it to transition. I did the 'big chop' in February, deep conditioned every week, and rollersetted for styling.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is hennalucent?

SilkyandSmooth

Well, I guess I should join the T club too. I decided to transition early this summer, and it's the best hair decision I've ever made. I'm falling in love with my natural hair all over again. I love looking at and touching my waves and spiral curls. My last relaxer was on May.7,2004.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I have never used henna myself but if you scroll down on the link I gave, it give the directions for use. I am just a messenger. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
9 months relaxer free and no plans on ever going back. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I currently have 4.5 inches of new growth since my regimen start. I'm in desprate need of a trim though. Good luck to all of you ladies that just started transitioning!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
Im transitioning as well...since 7/26/2004! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Now Im officially out of this club...just got a relaxer yesterday. I will join later on in life when I'm older..

CutiePie0Five

Hiiii..I'm a new transitioner!

My last touch-up was on January 7, 2006. I just made the decision to transition about 3 weeks ago, but technically its been a little more than 2 months...

It's going pretty well, but the other day I woke up and I had tons of growth on my head..there was a big poof all over my head. It couldve been the surge, but either way, I'm happy. Growth is growth.

My hair has been hard to comb, however, which makes sense. I'm finally getting it through my head that I can't keep combing my hair like I used to, and that I can't just moisturize it once a week like when it was all relaxed.

Anywhoz, I'm so excited! I love the waves and curls I'm seeing, and I can't wait--but it's gonna be a while because my hair is BSL, and I don't plan on doing any chopping for a while.