second pic is my hair after the cut
third pic is it pulled back in a ponytail
fourth pic is the sides
last pic is the back

:grin:

sent from my galaxy

Congrats!!! Rae81 Those curls are poppin!!! :yep:

daviine

What works for me is Scurl.... I moisturize with it and seal with coconut oil and my new grown is very soft and moisturized.

However, I wanted to tell you guys that although my plan was to transition for 2 years.... That was not my hair's plan... I actually BC'd!!!! 7/8/2013 is the day I went completely natural!!It wasn't planned but my relaxed ends were just as scraggy as can be; twists outs weren't looking right braid outs weren't looking right it was just not working having this 4c new growth and bone straight ends. I made it nearly a year, It had been exactly 11 months and 2 weeks, and I must say that I am super excited to see how my hair transforms. Here are a few pics, one is a twist out I did and the other shows my curls after a WNG using eco styler gel. Good luck ladies with your transitions!!!! I will be lurking :lurking:!!!

Beautiful Deziyah! Congrats!!!

daviine

I did it!!! Be back later with pics.

Here are my pics:
first pic is the hair i cut off
fourth pic is the sides
last pic is the back

sent from my galaxy

Congrats Rae81!!! Your hair is beautiful!!

Side note: I miss you guys!

mz.rae

I wish the front and back of my head grew at the same rate. The back part is almost completely natural, but the front is like 75-80% natural. This is why I'm afraid to cut the rest of my relaxed ends off because I might look like I have a mullet.

mz.rae

I did it!!! Be back later with pics.

Here are my pics:
first pic is the hair i cut off
fourth pic is the sides
last pic is the back

sent from my galaxy

Congrats! Love your hair!

janaq2003

To all you ladies that chopped those ends recently.. beautiful hair! Im so excited and cannot wait till Im done with this transition!

classoohfive

I wish the front and back of my head grew at the same rate. The back part is almost completely natural, but the front is like 75-80% natural. This is why I'm afraid to cut the rest of my relaxed ends off because I might look like I have a mullet.

Yes, my hair is so uneven! The front of my head is probably only 33% natural, my hair's longer there. It's almost completely natural in the back along with a small patch that's completely natural... I'm curious yet mostly afraid of what it's going to look like when I BC. I'll either have to wear it in braids for the next year or so to grow it out before cutting evenly, or I'll have to cut it even shorter now to even it out. I'm NOT cutting it now, it'll be too short to hide my forehead. :look: :lol:

Mjon912

Hey ladies, I've been MIA for a while... I had my son!!! I'm still transitioning, I almost relaxed a few months ago, I'm not sure if some of you will remember but Thanks for talking me off of the ledge!!! I'm still in love with the thickness my natural hair has, still roller setting, sitting under the dryer and then flat ironing but I've also been experimenting with so other styles since I quickly learned my straight natural hair and summer heat aren't going to mix. I still have about 18 months before I have either cut away all my relaxed ends or my natural hair is long enough to do one more cut and get rid of my relaxed ends.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Hey ladies, I've been MIA for a while... I had my son!!! I'm still transitioning, I almost relaxed a few months ago, I'm not sure if some of you will remember but Thanks for talking me off of the ledge!!! I'm still in love with the thickness my natural hair has, still roller setting, sitting under the dryer and then flat ironing but I've also been experimenting with so other styles since I quickly learned my straight natural hair and summer heat aren't going to mix. I still have about 18 months before I have either cut away all my relaxed ends or my natural hair is long enough to do one more cut and get rid of my relaxed ends.

congrats!:grin: and welcome back!

bronzephoenix

I'm transitioning after texturizing for the second time around out of impatience and frustration. :nono: But this time I refuse to bc. It's only been 14wks and 1.5 in of new growth. I'm currently a bit past bsl and plan on going for length first. (sigh)

AgeinATL

Hair works in mysterious ways! I'm a little over 5 months since my last relaxer. I used to do my touchups every 4 months or so because at that point I just couldn't manage the new growth. But after physically throwing out my last jar of creamy crack and declaring that I'd never relax again, my new growth has been nothing but obedient! Go figure!

I have very fine strands, but my hair is very dense. I was thinking of trying henna to help strengthen my hair so the relaxed ends don't just give up and snap off. I had a terrible time with LUSH's caca noire, but I'm willing to give it another go with real BAQ henna.

That is SO true! I could barely make it 4 months before I would relax my hair and I was fine with that. But when I decided that I would transition and no longer relax my hair, it has not been bad and I am 9.5 months post. Once I set my mind to transitioning, my mindset about my NG changed. It was no longer 'unmanageable'. It was no longer difficult to deal with. After I got that in my mind, it has been smoother than I ever thought it would be. I hope the remainder of my transition goes this smoothly!

havilland

i'm hiding in a bun this week. too hot to wear the half wig.......

my hair feels soft and juicy.

i need to start keeping a hair journal again. i fell off with that and it was a really useful tool. i have 5 years worth of hair notes...i could write a text book on hair care and product reviews! LOL

Jobwright

havilland I say go for it!!!!!! Just publish your notes. What would be super cool is if your hair spoke and told your real life story as well. Sort of like if walls could talk...IF MY HAIR COULD TALK. I feel a best seller coming! If a woman could make a book, play and movie based in her vajayjay, definitely you could do something with hair!!!! ☺

ArrrBeee

I think that I am going to join you ladies. I did a BC 8 years ago, texlaxed for 2 years and then relaxed three years ago.

I will be moving out of the country for 6 months so I might as well transition.

Can anyone help me figure out what products I can take with me that won't take up a lot of luggage space?

havilland

I think that I am going to join you ladies. I did a BC 8 years ago, texlaxed for 2 years and then relaxed three years ago.

I will be moving out of the country for 6 months so I might as well transition.

Can anyone help me figure out what products I can take with me that won't take up a lot of luggage space?

if you know where you are going to be staying, you can ship a box of your staple products to your destination. 6 months is a long time to be without staples and favorites. or have a vendor ship them to you so they get there when you do.

i can't suggest anything that takes up a small amount of space......a 6 month supply of anything is going to take up room

ArrrBeee

if you know where you are going to be staying, you can ship a box of your staple products to your destination. 6 months is a long time to be without staples and favorites. or have a vendor ship them to you so they get there when you do.

i can't suggest anything that takes up a small amount of space......a 6 month supply of anything is going to take up room

Good point. Problem is, I'll be moving around a bit. I'll figure out something.

havilland

Good point. Problem is, I'll be moving around a bit. I'll figure out something.

Maybe you can go to the drugstore and get several of those little travel cases that has travel size bottles in it, and fill up the bottles with your products. CVS has the cases with small bottles and labels. Perhaps you could buy several of them and then pack those instead of big bottles.

havilland

Well Ladies. I'm done. I am not cutting anymore hair. The back of my hair is fully natural now and the front is what it is. The texture is looser in the front so I can't tell the difference between my texlaxed ends and my natural hair.

Since i wont be trimming away my ends anymore, from now on I'm considering myself fully natural and my transition is over.

P. S. a note for the purists- I am about 90% natural. I am not leaving this thread and making a post about a big chop nor will I be touting advice to anyone who doesn't have two textures on their head. I realize that many naturals will not consider me natural because I have some relaxed ends left here and there and I am totally ok with that. ;)

i am two years or 748 days post relaxer.

As near as I can tell my hair is APL in the back and CBL in the front. I will get a blow out at some point and do a length check but not until the weather gets cooler.

Here are some pics:

First pics are my hair air dried with no product so I can see the shrinkage. The last picture is my hair after I wet it again and put it in a ponytail with kinky curly products and Eco styler gel.

Attachments

• image-1709272874.jpg
    image-1709272874.jpg
    315.9 KB · Views: 97
  • image-3257036556.jpg
    image-3257036556.jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 97
  • image-1160662250.jpg
    image-1160662250.jpg
    490.3 KB · Views: 88
  • image-3269555648.jpg
    image-3269555648.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
:dance7: havilland, congratulations on a successful transition!

Screw the purists, this is "your" journey, not "theirs"!

Thank you for being so supportive of the long term transitioner team :theteam: and holding everyone/this thread down!

havilland

:dance7: havilland, congratulations on a successful transition!

Screw the purists, this is "your" journey, not "theirs"!

Thank you for being so supportive of the long term transitioner team :theteam: and holding everyone/this thread down!

Thanks, Chica! I appreciate that so much! ;)

This is my home base. I love all you Ladies. I'm pouring myself some champagne now. I can't believe I lasted this long. Wow....

Dayjoy

Old School Member
:congrats: havilland! Why am I happy and sad at the same time? This whole thread is about changing but I hate change. :lol: I hate that once the transition is over we are no longer "transitioners" and thus not bonded anymore. This is the BEST thread on this part of the site! That's why I'm still in here even though I chopped a month ago. :look: And for all we/you know, you could have been natural for a while since your textures were so similar anyway. If you say you're natural, you're natural. Can we still expect that whenever you decide to post hair pics it might be here? If not, where will you be hanging out?

havilland

:congrats: havilland! Why am I happy and sad at the same time? This whole thread is about changing but I hate change. :lol: I hate that once the transition is over we are no longer "transitioners" and thus not bonded anymore. This is the BEST thread on this part of the site! That's why I'm still in here even though I chopped a month ago. :look: And for all we/you know, you could have been natural for a while since your textures were so similar anyway. If you say you're natural, you're natural. Can we still expect that whenever you decide to post hair pics it might be here? If not, where will you be hanging out?

I know exactly what you are saying. I feel the same way.

I'm gonna be here. I'm not going anywhere. ;)