Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

AnjelLuvs

Here are my pictures! I guess I am officially transitioning, being what 7 months and 14 days (~32)... for last couple of weeks been in Senegalese twists!

Sent from My Galaxy

Side view

Top View

Light Blow dry on cool Setting using stretch method...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130916_144018.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130916_144018.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 61
  • ForumRunner_20130916_144203.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130916_144203.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 54
  • ForumRunner_20130916_144128.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130916_144128.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
My crown was and still is viscous. It's dry and a total different texture then the rest of my hair. I'm still trying to figure out how to manage it

co sign!^^^^^^

i always have to put on extra conditioner and extra leave in on my crown and also on the side i sleep on.:nono: this is also the area that took the longest to relax and the most resistant when i used to use chemicals.

Babysaffy

26 weeks post this Wednesday. Washed, blowdried and straightened tonight for first time in a month. Trimmed half a centimetre off my ends apart from my bangs which I'm growing out a little so it'll look better when curled. Feel so much better not looking a hot mess. Think I'll straighten at least once a month.

Washed with creme of nature argan sulfate free and conditioned with ors replenishing after rinsing with sweet almond oil. Used l'oreal hot straight heat protectant cream after spraying hair lightly with apoghee green tea restructurizer.

Wet regrowth:

ForumRunner_20130917_022735.jpg

ForumRunner_20130917_022806.jpg

Both textures of hair felt like butter after washing. Love ORS replenishing!!

GettingKinky

I've been lurking in this thread forever, but I never posted because I'm not transitioning to natural just to texlax from bonelaxed and I don't think that really counts. Anyway I've been transitioning for 21 months and I finally decided that my bonelaxed ends have to go, so I'm going to start cutting off an inch every 8 weeks. I'm a little sad because it means I'm going to stay the same length for a whole year, or maybe even lose length. But on the plus side I will finally be rid of my bonelaxed, pre-HHJ hair.

Anonymous1

sliding under the radar
My roots are very cottony and the rest of my hair is curly curly. I don't understand it but it's always been like this so I'm told. Curly curly ends and puffy roots. I guess once my hair gets longer the roots will stretch out. It's like I have no curl definition at the roots and then it start to curl down the strands.

Mjon912

Hey ladies sorry I've been MIA... I stay home with my 2 yr old and 4 month old so I have very little time, but I am 13.5 months post relaxer with about 12-18 months left in my transition to natural... Still roller-setting...

image-2282839061.jpg

image-2499072011.jpg

janaq2003

[URL=http://s349.photobucket.com/user/janaq2003/media/5099ea85-f3f8-4b23-ba14-3f4120f36111.jpg.html][IMG]http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q397/janaq2003/5099ea85-f3f8-4b23-ba14-3f4120f36111.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Todays braid out

Mjon912

I'm sooo ready to cut these thin relaxed ends off, they look pitiful hanging onto my thick natural hair, bug my natural hair isn't long enough =( I mainly wear buns and ponys (because my infant likes to pull and eat my hair lol) but they aren't doing it for me. It's like my natural hair is so thick and heavy it makes my relaxed ends look funny even though they really aren't that thin.

janaq2003

I'm sooo ready to cut these thin relaxed ends off, they look pitiful hanging onto my thick natural hair, bug my natural hair isn't long enough =( I mainly wear buns and ponys (because my infant likes to pull and eat my hair lol) but they aren't doing it for me. It's like my natural hair is so thick and heavy it makes my relaxed ends look funny even though they really aren't that thin.

I feel your pain. The relaxed hair looks like strings.:ohwell:

janaq2003

Woke up today looking like Frederick Douglass. Had the urge to comb effortlessly through my hair. Washed ..dc and iron out. No more Frederick Douglass.

blue_flower

I had my hair cut a couple weeks ago and now I'm about 90% natural; I still have about 0.5-1 inch of relaxed ends in various places. Since most of my hair is one texture, it looks sooooo much better now! My goal now is to grow my hair back out through twists. My twists are medium sized and my goal is to wear them for about 7 days before I wash again. That should be easy to pull off since the weather will be cold soon. I'm expecting to have 2 inches of growth by January. Sorry for the quality of the pics; I was at the gym. And that black sweater makes me look very large. :(

Attachments

• image-1306849147.jpg
    image-1306849147.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 82
  • image-2394555352.jpg
    image-2394555352.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 78
  • image-3600944176.jpg
    image-3600944176.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 85
  • image-3877169789.jpg
    image-3877169789.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 75

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I may lurk here often. You ladies have gorgeous hair.

havilland, simply lovely!

I'm relaxed and considering a change. I'm not ready to be fully natural but I'm considering texturizing or texlaxing. I'm really not sure what I want. My hair was super thick but this last TU was quite the disaster. I didn't do the mid step protein and my hair started coming out in globs. I'm convinced it's way thinner and I'm not quite pleased.

I'm not interested in wigs or weaves. My hair tangles horribly so I usually end my stretches around 10-12 weeks or it's a matted mess. That alone scares me and makes me question, how in the world would I transition to anything with such picky hair.

trclemons

Friday was 41 weeks for me and I am really having a hard time loving my hair. I didn't know I had fine hair and although my transition has been easy and I am loving the curls, I don't have the thickness I desire and that is very scary to me.

I am hoping that as I get more new growth in Year 2 of my transition, I will get more volume. In the meantime, I need to focus on loving my hair regardless.