Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

^^^ITA. I have had my hair hidden for majority of the past year and seeing it in between installs and braids makes the progress that much more fullfilling. Now, I just do cornrows in a beehive under my LF wigs. I plan on doing this for the rest of the transitiong. Only problem is...wigs are addictive!! I have about 5 already and already picked out 6 more to get. :lol:

Definitely! There are lots of ladies on here that have had amazing growth and retention with weaves, wigs and braids:yep:. Plus, it's always nice to get that shock of how much it's grown when you remove installs. I do believe that I caused way more breakage/damage initially trying to comb through and untangle my hair everyday.:nono: It was bad.

I'm excited about seeing how much my hair grew, but I'm nervous about leaving the cornrows in for 6-8 weeks. My scalp feels fine, but I'm dying to comb my hair. I have severe hand in hair disease, I'm constantly poking at them, worrying they're going to magically become locs :lachen:

chrisanddonniesmommy...its so funny me and you seem to be thinking alike!!:laugh:....i'm glad you posted/bumped these two transitioning threads so i could easily find them!!! :laugh:

But yes i am 22 weeks post today....i will be officially 5 months post on the 12th...in 6 days:D

Question: Does anybody in here use any of the Oyin products? How do you like em? I'm wanting to buy the Honey Hemp Conditioner and the Honey Wash:D

chrisanddonniesmommy...its so funny me and you seem to be thinking alike!!:laugh:....i'm glad you posted/bumped these two transitioning threads so i could easily find them!!! :laugh:

But yes i am 22 weeks post today....i will be officially 5 months post on the 12th...in 6 days:D

Question: Does anybody in here use any of the Oyin products? How do you like em? I'm wanting to buy the Honey Hemp Conditioner and the Honey Wash:D

Hahaha! I hear you!

I use the whipped pudding and I really like it. While I'll have to take a break until my budget can manage it, I'll sub with some shea butter. It's definitely worth a try.

I recently bought some Oyin products. I did not like the Honey Hemp conditioner. It felt good going on and softened my hair, but it has this sticky coated feeling (I assume bc of the honey) and did not rinse out well. So, I won't be using it again. I have the whipped pudding, haven't used it much yet, so I can't really review it. It seems OK. I like the burnt sugar pomade a lot. All the products smell good, but it can be kinda strong, esp if you are trying to combine them with other products. Thats what I hate about a lot of these lines like Bee Mine, Oyin, etc. I like the products, but I don't understand why they have to add such strong scents. Also, my skin is sensitive and adding so much fragrance to a product can irritate my skin.

Tomorrow will hit my 10 month mark. As the months go on, it gets harder and harder to want to hold on to these relaxed ends. I just keep imagining myself with short hair and I immediately become serious about not cutting, LOL!!!

ok ladies, im having some serious problems, my relaxed hair is not cooperating and i think im going to relax. It seems like the minute my natural hair hits water its all good, but my relaxed hair dreads up. I detangle before i wet it, i only condition in sections and still its like i tied my whole head in knots. my relaxed hair like protien and my new growth like moisture, any deep conditioners that are good for both.
Also how would i know if i need the aphogee 2 step treatment?

I'm 7 months post relaxer and one section of my hair dreaded horribly and I lost 3" in the middle while the left and right sides were 1" past BSL. I got smart and started to use KERACARE Hydrating Detangling Shampoo ... it's awesome!!!

It smooths out my hair instanteously and make it very easy to detangle. It's one of my fav detangling staples. I use it before I use my moisturizing shampoo.

i need to update my fotki...
i currently have senegalese twists

love seeing my lil curlies... i can tell there are multiple textures up in there

Tomorrow will hit my 10 month mark. As the months go on, it gets harder and harder to want to hold on to these relaxed ends. I just keep imagining myself with short hair and I immediately become serious about not cutting, LOL!!!

LOL Thats exactly how I feel

I am sick of my hair. I don't want to wash it because I'm scared of the detangling session (havent detangled in nearly a month) but it feels yucky and needs to be washed with sulfates (haven't used those in about 2 months and its been a month since I washed with castille soap). I can't wait until June 1st gets here!

I'm supposed to wear a braidout for the game tomorrow but I don't even feel like doing that:nono:

Washed my hair tonight and put it in braids. i think I'm going to try the crown & glory method under my wigs and see how that works for a while

Finally got around to pre-pooing w/ my QGO mix again and detangling was sooooo much easier than it has been the past few times around

My longest section is now bsl!!! Whoo-hoo!!!

I have a question: my hair is fine. Will my transition be shorter than say someone with thicker hair?

I too have fine hair and i'm almost 14 months post. We just have to take extra care and may see more breakage. Also alot of the advice does not apply to my hair so i had to find what was best for me.

6 month mark is creeping up closer and closer. I'm so happy I've reached this point with no problems thus far *knock on wood*

SN: my "baby sister" BC'd last night after only transitioning for 20 weeks and it is SO FREAKIN CUTE on her!!!! She took it down really low and her little curls are just amazing. I think she's 3c/4a. I'll try to get a picture to share.

I too have fine hair and i'm almost 14 months post. We just have to take extra care and may see more breakage. Also alot of the advice does not apply to my hair so i had to find what was best for me.

Thanks! I figured I would have to modify it for my fine hair. Darn! You can definitely see the difference in thickness between the two textures. The natural hair is thick and the relaxed hair is thin.

Still going strong! 10 days til 15 mos post. I never thought I'd make it this far! Wigs are my new besties, and as a note, I'mma tell my ppl I want a new one for my b-day to keep this wonderful PS thing goin! Doing the C&G method underneath the wigs. I finally managed to cornrow my own hair, instead of doing Celie plaits. I also rinse/shampoo scalp/CW every 2 wks while in my cornrows. Did that for the 1st time this week, and it worked so well that I'm adding this to my regimen indefinitely. I can't wait to get rid of this processed hair, but I want my length first. Doing 1" trims about once every other month.

^^^ITA. I have had my hair hidden for majority of the past year and seeing it in between installs and braids makes the progress that much more fullfilling. Now, I just do cornrows in a beehive under my LF wigs. I plan on doing this for the rest of the transitiong. Only problem is...wigs are addictive!! I have about 5 already and already picked out 6 more to get. :lol:

That is the do! I do cornrows under mine...6 in front either parted down the middle (3 on each side), or 6 going straight back in the front half, 4 larger ones in the back half. My hair has grown so much! I have 5 wigs as well, and have abt 8 more on my wish list that I long for! Good thing is bday is next month, so I have an excuse to buy! lol. They are so addictive, and I just love the way I can change my look on a whim with no damage or manipulation to my hair! FLW/LF's I have loved so much...the full wigs don't get much play these days!

One of these days I will purchase a full lace wig (more expensive unit) as a treat. I make mine last, so I consider it an investment...I still have my first wig I ever bought from 5 yrs ago, and it looks very good still. I generally rock 'rows under my wigs from Sept. to April of the next year. I let my own hair out in the warm months due to humidity. This method of PS has been a remarkable way to grow my hair out. HHG!

P.S. I WISH I could braid in a bee hive.

Last edited:
:hiya: SherylsTresses checking in

I've been very lazy lately. Last week I just cowashed. This weekend I clarified, protein treatment and DC overnight in two braids. I moisturized with Giovanni Direct Leave-in/EVOO. I detangled with my fingers and not with a comb. I wonder how long can I go without detangling with a comb. :look:

Chelz checkin in at almost 16 and 1/2 months post....I took some pictures of my new growth and I must say that I am in LOVEEEEEE!!!!! :love: I cant wait until my hair is really long, I'm on a natural high!! :love3: But anyways, I applied Suave coconut condish to "dirty" hair as a prepoo and the pics are with the prepoo still in my hair. My hair looks superrr dark when damp/wet :rolleyes: P.S. Hope the pics arent too big :look:

Oh, and BTW, my camera SUCKS. :nono:

The Sides: I think that this section is the tightest curl pattern in my hair because it is quick to curl/shrink up and actually looks much shorter than it is. This section is around NL/SL, well, it definitely comes well past my chin, stretched :lol:
876e1ad771fc6a4ab88d6e47f94d24be.jpg

The Front: I think this section of my hair is the loosest...it takes it longer to curl and when it does the curl is a loose/wavy curl...I think. :scratchch The front comes to the bottom of my lips stretched.
910202e2212ecd7c4da1e19ffe156fcf.jpg

The Crown: The curl pattern in this section is simlar to the front, just a little tighter. It is a wave curl I guess...:look:
b0dfb0b99842e0ccab3dace64ca608e1.jpg

The Back: I used to think this section was the most loose but I guess I'm wrong, it has springy curls...:grin: It comes past my collar bones...:rolleyes:
0b2cd334c53a95b02ccfecf17b511e31.jpg

cbefe196e84f676c1d3835231a095531.jpg

238a00b12a229bbe1d4ada07bb271a74.jpg

688adaa70bdca46a09ec7447025bf5eb.jpg

077576de69b9fc5ee6e408745876af4c.jpg

Moral of my story, Relaxed ends suck!!! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Chelz your curls are delish!!!

I'm 10 months post now, my hair is twisted away and I'm happy about it. Just washed it yesterday and they are kinda looking rough.

Back