Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

NikkiQ

Checking in at 22 weeks today on my birthday!!!! I'm very pleased with how much growth I have right now. Even my ends look thicker and healthier. Good thing since I don't plan on BCing for a while :wiggle:

Bouncin&Behavin

Just checking in (it's been a while). I'm 10 months post today!!! I never thought I could make it past 8 weeks! I have been tempted to relax lately, so I had to come back here for a reality check! Also, my hair is APL for the first time ever! Woo-hoo!!! Keep up the good work ladies!

gvin89

So I'm about 29 weeks post...can't believe it's been this long. It wasn't hard because I wore braids all summer. I'll be taking this last set out next week and just protective styling for awhile. I want to learn how to care for my hair without the braids, but I will get another set of braids late November-early December.

ChristmasCarol

ZkittyKurls

We're transitioning twins! I'm at 71 weeks as of last Friday. I plan on transitioning for 130 weeks (2 1/2 years), how about you? Sorry if you already answered up-thread, I can be a lil' special, sometimes.

LaFemmeNaturelle

Checkin in, I'm having no urges to chop. Wearing my hair in a bun every day and changing the part and position around weekly to prevent boredom. Will start adding toys when I stop being lazy but buns are so easy. I just get up in the morning, brush and gooooo. 5 minutes tops!

fattyfatfat

Im 29 weeks post and so far so good! Last week I wore a french braid and that was good for me...it helped me to keep my hands out of my hair!

fivetimestwo

I'm 15 months post as of yesterday! I am sooooo tired of buns though and I'm not in financial shape to get a new wig or half-wig so I guess I have to roll with it. I don't do twistouts much anymore because the relaxed hair seems to tangle more lately. Other than being bored with my hair right now, I feel like I can keep going. I'm not "planning" to chop until at least May but we'll see.

jerseygurl

Not a new member
Finally got senegalese twists, hopefully it'll stay in till november.

How are y'all doing your buns, mine look as though a bomb exploded up and thru it lol

fivetimestwo

Finally got senegalese twists, hopefully it'll stay in till november.

How are y'all doing your buns, mine look as though a bomb exploded up and thru it lol

Same here! I caught a glimpse of my hair in the mirror earlier today and was like :blush:...I'm trying to hang in there but I don't like looking a H.A.M.
:nono:

LaFemmeNaturelle

So I've decided that I'm not going to transition past July 2011. July will make 20 months post but I will chop anywhere between May and July. I don't want to have to deal with the two textures when I start med school in August and I'd like to already have styling options before I start as well. So yeah, it makes sense to me and I'm looking forward to next Spring already!

LadyMacgyver

Same here! I caught a glimpse of my hair in the mirror earlier today and was like :blush:...I'm trying to hang in there but I don't like looking a H.A.M.
:nono:

I barely had enough to put in a bun when I did my last cut.. I am co-washing and DC and then I add Kimmaystube leave in and I add that after I detangle and I am carefully pulling my hair back and I also put some Eco-styler gel and aloe vera gel to help slick my hair down and I tie it up.. My hair is damp. Kimmaytube leave in has really help with my fizzy parts at the top of my head.

Daeuiel

Cosplay Champ
Man, the heck with bunning. I'm gonna keep my hair in braids and twists until a year since my last relaxer, do a length check, then right back to the braids and twists. I don't have to worry about the 2 different textures, and the less I mess with it, the less breakage I'll have. :yep:

SherylsTresses

:hiya: SherylsTresses checking in

I'll be one year and two months post this weekend...!!! I've recently learned that my relaxed hair does NOT like frequent cowashes. So I'll just moisturize my natural hair daily. I'll moisturize my relaxed hair as needed. Man, I really enjoyed cowashing.

indarican

so im a little past 2 months, and my hair is getting on my LAST NERVE!!!! i cant stand the fact that i cant straighten it well, i did a deep condition followed with a flat ironing, and my hair is a poofy mess. I dont even know what to do any more, if i leave it wet its breakoff city, if i flat iron i look a H.A.M.... ugh, i just want to relax already.

NikkiQ

So I've decided that I'm not going to transition past July 2011. July will make 20 months post but I will chop anywhere between May and July. I don't want to have to deal with the two textures when I start med school in August and I'd like to already have styling options before I start as well. So yeah, it makes sense to me and I'm looking forward to next Spring already!

oh boy! Now I'm all excited too and it's not even my hair!!! :lachen:

KnottyGurl

I made it to 22 weeks yesterday! Time is just ticking away. I'm already debating on whether or not to chop on 12/31/10 or in April 2011 at the one year mark. I kind of just want to be free of the relaxed ends, esp. since I work from home now. Guess I'll see how much growth I have by December. And still going strong with no heat. :yep:

ZkittyKurls

sipp100 hey i think i remember you from in this thread around 60 something weeks. lol! But i remembered you said you were goin to be transtioning for awhile. but me, i am only going up to the middle of november. i believe i will have enough hair for a ponypuff, which will be a last minute style...which by the way is great because when i had shorter relaxed hair, last minute styles did not include a ponytail with an inch of hair in the ponytail holder. lmao!!!! anyways i digress, but yea i have about 6 weeks left!!! and snip snip hooray!

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
I'm out ladies. I BC last night, 9/29/10. I made a video of what my hair looks like now, it's on yt in my siggy