~~~waist Length Dreams~~~ Challenge 2018

Caramel74

@Daina Yeah but if your hair is long that's going to be hard. Shoot if it aint that much money why do all that work, be pampered! Do whatever works, is easier, and enjoy yourself whatever that ends up being. Your hair, your journey.

That's why you see women w really long hair at the dominican salon every week. You don't have to get a blowout. You could get a deep conditioner and a roller set. You gotta find what works.

Daina

Thanks @Caramel74, I was thinking about doing that. And actually all they would have to do is rinse out my deep conditioner and roller set. When I went to a dominican salon regularly I always washed and deep conditioned myself. Even at regular salons I don't think they generously use product. I like every strand coated and loved! Lol...maybe once the weather is cooler I will see how I like letting them do it. I just worry about them being too rough with my hair.

Janet'

@Janet', thank you from your lips to God's ears on reaching WL. I really want to learn to rollerset my hair my self but I just don't have the patience.

Awww!!! You'll get there! You're doing sooo well thus far. Chile, rollersetting MBL hair is a beast...Take your time and be easy on yourself! It takes practice, practice, practice!

GettingKinky

Thanks! How's your transition going? I haven't been around as much so I'm behind on a lot!

I'm almost 27 months in. I'm still on autopilot wearing braidout ponytails all the time. I attempted a braidout the other day and I didn't like it. It was stiff with no swing or bounce. I hope I'm not making a mistake with this transistion.

trclemons

• Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ spritz & Kyra Shea's Baby Powder on ends.
  • DC'd for an hour under the heat cap with SM Tahitian Noni & Monoi.
  • CW'd with KenetMD, Reconstructed with Aphogee Curlific, R/O with ACV & V05 Free Me Freesia.
  • L = LRC Shake 'n Go; C = KJ Naturals Raspberry Lemonade; O = DIY; B = Liquid Gold Green Magic on scalp and Kyra Shea's Baby Powder & SSI Kiwi Kiss on ends.

sgold04

I'm taking my crochet braids out later today and hopefully I'll remember to measure. I hope to have at least 18 inches after I straighten and trim around the holidays, so I'd need to be around 16-18" now. I'm getting another crochet install in 1.5 weeks. I haven't been moisturizing my hair as often as I should, but hopefully it's still in good shape.

sgold04

I'm taking my crochet braids out later today and hopefully I'll remember to measure. I hope to have at least 18 inches after I straighten and trim around the holidays, so I'd need to be around 16-18" now. I'm getting another crochet install in 1.5 weeks. I haven't been moisturizing my hair as often as I should, but hopefully it's still in good shape.
So my hair is about 17-18" when measuring from my nape. I need 20 for WL. I definitely need a trim and I'd prefer a professional trim, but the last one cost me 4 inches. There's a stylist in houston I follow on IG that I'm tempted to try. Her presses look beautiful, but it looks like she loves some blunt cuts, so I'm hesitant. I have a few months to figure it out.

I hope to have a full, blunt cut 20 inches by my bday next August.

sgold04

My hair felt soft after the take down, but my curls are acting funky, not as springy. I hope I don't have heat damage. I blow dried my hair before the install to make it easier on the stylist. I'm 90% sure I used a medium setting, and I did use a heat protectant, but it was a cheap one from a bss. I'll give myself a protein treatment and DC for longer and see what happens.

My ends are also looking thinner than they should. My mind could be playing tricks on my since I just took out thick crochet braids.

trclemons

Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ spritz & hot shea oil.
DC'd under heat cap for an hour with a mix of Ynobe Amla & Nettle and Brahmi ayurvedic powder.
Shampoo'd with TJ Tea Tree Tingle, CW'd with KenetMD, Reconstructed with Aphogee Curlific, R/O with ACV & The Body Shop Banana Conditioner.
LCOB'd with LRC Shake 'n Go, KJ Natural's Raspberry Lemonade Slip, DIY oil on length & Liquid Gold Green Magic on scalp.

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
Was planning on sticking to my wig routine for six months to see if I can get over this hair slump but there are so many other styles I wanna do.

1) Mini Twists since my hair has a inch or two more stretch since the last time I did them.

2) Crochet Faux Locs. Since I use to love the look of actual Faux Locs on me but hated how long they took.

But I'm gonna chill.

Anaisin

I'm always starting a new routine lol. The straight hair for 3 weeks threw me off. No more wash day Thursday

Sunday wash day & Wednesday cowash

Cowashed with Creme of nature cleansing conditioner. Rinsed and now air drying with no added product

In the morning I'll probably do 2 braids

My Qhemet heavy cream comes tomorrow . Will use it Sunday

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm going to co cleanse with Curl Ideal mixed with aloe vera juice for extra moisture. Then I'll dc with Masquintense or Cristalliste. I haven't decided... I might straighten afterwards. I'm starting to miss my hair and I don't want my bkt to wear off while I wear wigs :nono:

Guinan

Re-Branding
I'm headed out of the country tomorrow, but I need to re-roll my hair tonight...I don't think that I'm going to wash it though- It's late fall in Sydney, I think...so, I need to make sure that my moisture game is on point...

Have fun in Sydney!!! How long are you staying in Sydney??