Waist Length in 2009 Challenge

MAMATO

You know what I think that you will unless your hair grows below average rate... I think you will make it... On average we go grow .5 inch per month... Almost EVERYONE gets at least 1 growth spurt in a year.:yep: I think you will...

I'm 4.5 in. away from WL right now and I'm sure:grin:

Oh really, I didn't know about the growth spurt:spinning: My calculations were basics 4"=8 months, but if Nature can help a little bit it is all fine with me:grin:

BonnieB

Ok so I never posted my starting pic (super busy with school and life) and im hiding my hair until June or Sept. (not sure which month I'll choose to show my hair) but here are my pics from Dec. 31st, 2008 and some time in January. I cut about 3 inches or so of split end but about 2 inches grew back already.

HairGrowth 021.jpg 1-3-09 b4Cut.jpg Feb09B.jpg

missty1029

Dang I forgot i joined this. I feel like my hair has stopped growing. I'm hanging on though. I need to update my pic too but it hasnt changed much.

1Aleeesha

Oh really, I didn't know about the growth spurt:spinning: My calculations were basics 4"=8 months, but if Nature can help a little bit it is all fine with me:grin:

I read that some where in a few different places and I believe it's true:yep::yep::yep:No trimming, speaking to myself first! LOL.

I dunno.:perplexed I was just thinkin' by December i'll probably be MBL. It's april and i have about 4 more inches of growth to come for this year. I get my retouch the second week of May so i'll try to measure accordingly.

:yep::yep::yep: Then again, MBL isn't bad either... Once you hit MBL you are really just about there... Maybe 2 inches from MBL to WL??

Dang I forgot i joined this. I feel like my hair has stopped growing. I'm hanging on though. I need to update my pic too but it hasnt changed much.

It probably hasn't stopped growing... I don't think that's possible without a Dr's note!:grin::grin::grin:

Meet you gals at WL!:grin::grin::grin:

GoingNatural

finally found where i belong. I'm about 3 inches away from wl. so im going to be safe and say december 09 because i do plan on using heat this summer and may need a small trim due to that.

*Michelle*

hmmm...I may have to drop out, as I cut my hair, 4 inches, to about an inch above the top of my brastrap. I need to measure and see if this is still a realistic goal...I will keep you ladies posted!

*Frisky*

UGH! It seems like my hair has stopped growing:perplexed ..I still need the 1.5 to 2 inches I needed a few months to be at WL. I am sure I will get there by the end of 2009, just not when I expected. No biggie...

GoldenBreeze

Well, I still don't see it happening for me this year. Maybe if I hadn't trimmed from MBL to BSL at the beginning of the year. That's why I don't trim very often. If I get a pair of scissors in my hand, I go a little OCD. One inch turns to two, two to three............ you get the picture. Hopefully I'll get to a point somewhere between MBL and WL by the end of the year. :rolleyes:

1Aleeesha

Well, I still don't see it happening for me this year. Maybe if I hadn't trimmed from MBL to BSL at the beginning of the year. That's why I don't trim very often. If I get a pair of scissors in my hand, I go a little OCD. One inch turns to two, two to three............ you get the picture. Hopefully I'll get to a point somewhere between MBL and WL by the end of the year. :rolleyes:

Join the no trimming challenge...:grin::grin::grin:

1Aleeesha

LOL, in a way I already did. After that trim, I gave my hair shears to my cousin to keep for me until next year. I told her that she is not to give them to me no matter how much I beg. :lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:I can't believe that some of us hate going to the stylists for one reason being that they are scissor happy...Then sit at home and do it ourselves

I'm wondering...Maybe many of them don't mean any harm after all.
:scratchch:scratchch:scratchch

Well that's another thread by itself:spinning:

GoldenBreeze

:lachen::lachen::lachen:I can't believe that some of us hate going to the stylists for one reason being that they are scissor happy...Then sit at home and do it ourselves

I'm wondering...Maybe many of them don't mean any harm after all.
:scratchch:scratchch:scratchch

Well that's another thread by itself:spinning:

ROFL, yep that is a topic for another thread. I haven't been to a stylist since I was 17, because I'm too tender headed.

Scissor happy was my middle name before I decided to grow my hair. I would "trim" every other month. I just went a little nuts with the last trim, but I've been being very good for the last couple of years.

greenwings23

Hi
I am not WL or even APL but I would like information on gaining and retaining more hair length to reach APL

spinspinshuga

I think I might have had a teeny setback. I'm not quite sure yet and am too afraid of straightening to check. I'm probably not going to do another length update until September when I've had a chance to get some actual growth.
I hope everyone is progressing well!

Eisani

I'm pulling out, had my hair cut back to bsl and just trying to focus on a healthy, problem-free transition. Best of luck to all!!

Here is my progress so far. I had to trim a couple inches in the last couple of months but my ends are still not that great so I will be slowly triming more. :wallbash: In these pics my hair is about 90% dry. Sorry if the pics are large. I hope to reach WL with nice ends by December :yep:

gissellr78

My husband measured me i am 3 inches from WL dry...Will i make it by december??? I dk:yawn: so far am happy with my hair

Dee Raven

Just measured my hair today. Have two more inches to go to reach wsl. I'm thinking this is really going to happen this year. Ya!!

hillytmj

I have two inched to touch WL and probably one more inch (for three total) to be full WL. Still hanging in there, praying, sticking to the reggie and believing. :)

empressri

I'm just about there!! My avatar shows my current length. By December it should be back to waist....or hip hopefully!

empressri

Empressri,Your hair is gorgeous!!.

thank ya honeybun!! so is yours!!

btw....afroveda's cocolatte moisture mask is FAB on straight hair!! i've been slathering it on my ends and bunning at night to keep those ends from splitting.

SmilingElephant

Sep05_001.jpg

Aug20_002.jpg

So here's my progress.....i've come to accept that i am not officially waistlength but i am a little past MBL. So much for high hopes:perplexed .

But my hair has gotten thicker due to my use of JBCO for the 3 months i was stretching....i can see a big difference in the fullness of my ends.:yep: