***~~~Waistlength Cocktail/Smoothie Mixologists...Post Your Fav Recipes Here~~~***

Sade'

Re: ***~~~Waistlength Cocktail/Smoothie Mixologists...Post Your Fav Recipes Here~~~**

Thanks!! :drunk:

Stella B.

Re: ***~~~Waistlength Cocktail/Smoothie Mixologists...Post Your Fav Recipes Here~~~**

Just finished slurping down my favorite egg cocktail!

1 cup rice milk
1 teaspoon granulated lecithin
1/4 cup Reddiegg (like eggbeaters from Whole Foods)
1 teaspoon of wheat germ oil
dash of eggnog for flavor (1/8-1/4 cup)

Now I happen to love eggnog flavor, so this is why I use it to flavor my drink. Whatever your taste buds like, then that's the dash of flavor I would go for! (stawberry, chocolate, peach...), you get the idea! As long as the basic recipe is milk and eggs, you can't go too wrong in adding your own special ingredients. Keep in mind that the drink can be calorie intense,so its best to take note of what you're adding and why.
I love the way it tastes, :lick: and it goes down so easy! You gotta tweak that recipe to get it to taste good to you, knowing that you're getting all the health benefits of the milk and egg combo.

BeautifulFlower

I have two recipes:

4oz Naked Green Machine
3 teaspoons of Source Natural CHL powder
2 to 3oz of water
Mix - Drink

4 to 5oz of Unsweetened Apple Sauce
Add Cinnamon to taste (about .5 teaspoon)
1.5 teaspoon of CHL
Looks disgusting but you dont taste the CHL and its healthy

leleepop

1 cup 2% milk
1 raw egg
2 tbsp raw wheatgerm
1/2 tsp wheatgerm oil
1tbsp lecithin
handful frozen peaches and few extra frozen blueberries
1 packet stevia
blend sixty seconds

Last edited:

Mz.MoMo5235

aw man, you guys are champs... i was scared the whole time reading this! yuck!

i'm sure with as many of you guys drinking this it cant be as bad as my mind is making it to be... but my mind is awfully powerful lol

honestly, along with hair growth, i'm sure these mixes are good for weight loss (depending on the mix of course)... i'm sure its better than my bowl of kix or cocoa puffs in the morning lol

keep it up ladies! more recipes please! maybe i can find one that i'm not too intimidated by :D

nakialovesshoes

Bronze what does the Amino Fuel do?

To save time I cut up my bananas & strawberries & freeze them in individual bags so that I have an individual serving ready to go & don't have to chop & freeze daily.

My recipe:

1 tbsp wheat germ oil
2 tbsps wheat germ flakes
2 tbsps lecithin granules
2 tbsps Udo's Omega 3-6-9 w/DHA
3/4 c vanilla almond milk
2 raw organic brown eggs
1 frozen banana
3 frozen strawberries

lillylovely

1/4 Cup of organic oat milk
1 organic egg
2 or 3 tablespoons wheat germ
2 tablespoons lecithin
2 tablespoons of flaxseed/multi seed mixture
1 tablespoon spirulina
1 tablespoon chlorella
half banana
half apple/pear

This smoothie is very green in colour but delicious and healthy.
Noticed someone else said they would add in their multivits. This sounds like a great idea. Does anyone know of any reasons why not????

kayte

Considering a 2010 Challenge, if anyone's interested, drop in the cocktail thread and let me know.

I think there's so much interest..it would be great to get started on this!

Okay....lol
done :) :) :)

Okay

subscribing..

ladysaraii

This is perfect, I'm trying to tone down the sugar in my shake.

My cocktail was

2 tbsp wg
1 tbsp wgo
1 tbsp flaxseed oil
1 container greek yogurt
2.5 oz or bolthouse farms juice
assorted frozen fruit
6g spirulina

ilong

God's Own

soonergirl and Lovingmywaves12 - This is ironic - a colleague at work was just describing her morning "green smoothie" and how good it taste. and today I see this thread.

I think the recipies are very interesting. I hope to use a smoothie as a means to increase my Chlorella and spirulina dosages (to at least 10g daily). I know I could never take 10-15 tablets to achieve that dosage.

In one chlorella thread a member posted that they would take 18gm daily.
I understand that higher dosages yield greater health benefits.

I I can master the smoothie I may join her in the dosage rank.

If you do a search on Chlorella you will see a lot of archived threads with a ton of extremely good information.

Lovingmywaves12

ilong,

I can't get with the green smoothie. I have been taking 4g of pills. Surprisingly enough, it isnt that bad. I will see what happens when I get to the higher doses

ilong

God's Own

Lovingmywaves12

I know - it sounds gross but I am willing to try. I have 2014 hair and weight targets and if green smoothies will help I have to at least give it a shot. I never thought I would like green tea and it is the only tea I drink now. I know there is a big difference between green smoothie and green tea but who knows I just may be able to adjust.

AtlantaJJ

I just dusted off the Vitamix and she's in action now. This is going on my reading list.

Currently doing
almond milk, various berries, maca root powder, raw flax seeds, cinnamon, spinach, greek yogurt, and a dash of agave nectar, and whey protein isolate.

I love the fact that the Vitamix grinds up the seeds in the berries so that they don't disrupt the smoothness of my smoothies. :yep:

I'll get more fancy later.

ETA: I can't add the green powders to my smoothies, such as chlorella, etc. I will drink/take them separately. I don't mind adding fresh green veggies like kale or spinach to my smoothies however.

Last edited:

ilong

God's Own

@AtlantaJJ

My colleague who described her smoothie told me about her Vitamix. That was the first time hearing of it.
Then I find the thread on green smoothies - and now you mention your Vitamix. Nothing happens without reason :grin:.

I will have to see if I can handle the "green smoothies" before I invest in a Vitamix - as they are far from cheap.

AtlantaJJ

@AtlantaJJ

My colleague who described her smoothie told me about her Vitamix. That was the first time hearing of it.
Then I find the thread on green smoothies - and now you mention your Vitamix. Nothing happens without reason :grin:.

I will have to see if I can handle the "green smoothies" before I invest in a Vitamix - as they are far from cheap.
Costco has them for under $400.00 I don't know the exact price because I paid more so I just glance at them while I'm passing through :lol: I'll pay attention next time so I can report back :grin:

They are awesome machines if you are committed to using them.

Michelemybelle

Costco has them for under $400.00 I don't know the exact price because I paid more so I just glance at them while I'm passing through :lol: I'll pay attention next time so I can report back :grin:

They are awesome machines if you are committed to using them.

Purchased my Vita mix from QVC about 2years ago. I believe I paid about 60.00 per month (no interest) through their flex pay program.

Michelemybelle

Frozen grapes
Pineapple chunks
Stoney field farm whole milk vanilla yogurt
Raw wheat germ
Almond milk (a splash)
1 organic egg
1teaspoon agave nectar

Michelemybelle

@AtlantaJJ

If you mix in the fruit and yogurt it tastes delicious!

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly

Im not as experimental as you ladies. No raw eggs :perplexed

1 c of 2% or Hemp Milk
1 c of water
1/4-1/2 c of oatmeal
1/4 c of walnuts or almonds
1/4 c of protein
1-2 tsp organic sugar
2-3 tbsp of ground flaxseed
1-2 tsp of unprocessed cocoa
1-2 tsp of instant coffee (depends if I had my caffeine fix already)

This not only provides protein, but helps with intestinal health and I notice skin improvement when doing this consistently. I already have clear skin, but its smoother, holds moisture better and brighter. What is good for the heart is good for the face, and if it is good for the face, it must be good for the hair :yep:

KittyMeowMeow

I just drink the storebought mixes. I'm lazy!

I put these in a jar, add liquid, shake, and drink out of the jar. Easy-peasy.

Peaches & Cream + skim milk + water

Green drink + chlorella (optional) + juice + water

Spiru-tein has lots of great tasting flavors and they mix easily. I also love Vanilla (great with juice, milk, or both), Cookies & Cream, the red fruitein, strawberry.

-----

These are ready to drink. They have both drinks and shakes- loving the vanilla chai drink & mango shake!

ilong

God's Own

I just drink the storebought mixes. I'm lazy!

I put these in a jar, add liquid, shake, and drink out of the jar. Easy-peasy.

Peaches & Cream + skim milk + water

Green drink + chlorella (optional) + juice + water

Spiru-tein has lots of great tasting flavors and they mix easily. I also love Vanilla (great with juice, milk, or both), Cookies & Cream, the red fruitein, strawberry.

-----

These are ready to drink. They have both drinks and shakes- loving the vanilla chai drink & mango shake!

KittyMeowMeow - so right.
I am there with you and I thought I was doing somethiing by just taking the time to add the milk to the protein powder mix and now these wonderful LHCF ladies show me what a real health food drink is.

ilong

God's Own

If you mix in the fruit and yogurt it tastes delicious!

Michelemybelle

Do you do a smoothie with Chlorella or spirulina?

Thanks for the info on the Vitamix. They look like some pretty powerful machines, especially when the 5200 model series. I was looking at some on ebay also.
I think Bed Bath & Beyond sells them also. I will compare there prices using the 20% off coupon to other sellers.

Michelemybelle

Michelemybelle

Do you do a smoothie with Chlorella or spirulina?

Thanks for the info on the Vitamix. They look like some pretty powerful machines, especially when the 5200 model series. I was looking at some on ebay also.
I think Bed Bath & Beyond sells them also. I will compare there prices using the 20% off coupon to other sellers.

I've tried chlorella but to be honest with you I wasn't impressed with the results.

BB&B does not apply any of their coupons to upscale products read the fine print
:(

ilong

God's Own

"BB&B does not apply any of their coupons to upscale products read the fine print"

:sad: - but not surprised.

Thanks Michelemybelle

Rozlewis

I purchased my Vitamix from Costco for $394.00. It is the real McCoy. To mix my hair products I use my Magic Bullet because it is small and petite and does the job for what I need.