What did I just do?

Southernbella.

That's hot...love your new hair pics. You mentioned that you will be conditioner washing your hair every day now. Are you experimenting with different products now that your hair is completely natural or are you going to try new stuff?

DTD, I'm going to try to keep using my Mane and Tail and Sunsilk. I just bought some castor oil the other day, and I finally got a Denman (that thing is magic!), so I will be adding a few new things here and there.:yep:

Southernbella.

Wow Lauren, you did a really good job with the cut. You are so versatile--you are one that can wear many styles and still look fab. :up: I also have to give you the bravery award too! :lol: Shoot, first seeing your thread even made MY heart race. (so I'm sure yours was too when you did your chop)

You did great. You look great. :)

Aww, thank you SG! That's so sweet! My heart was racing and I felt a little sick.:perplexed That didn't really stop until I was done. It was surreal.:lachen:

TCatt86

You and your hair are beautiful!!!! I'm too scary to bc and my hair doesnt' grow that fast, I've been transitioning for a year and my natural hair is half the length of yours!!!

Tayw29

Your hair is absolutely goergous Lauren :yep: I can't wait to see all the new wonderful things your gonna do to your hair because I know your gonna work that natural hair just like you worked your relaxed hair. Congrats

Southernbella.

You and your hair are beautiful!!!! I'm too scary to bc and my hair doesnt' grow that fast, I've been transitioning for a year and my natural hair is half the length of yours!!!

Thank you! I honestly don't think my hair is that long. Once I cut it off, I was thinking I must have cut too much because I thought my hair should be longer. I still think that, but I guess 4-5 inches in a year is about average. Maybe I still have hair anorexia.:ohwell::lachen:Good luck with your transition!

zora

Wow! I actually think you look prettier with the big chop. You're gorgeous! Before, all that hair overwhelmed your face, but now it comes out and it's a great look!

rosalindb

Wow! I actually think you look prettier with the big chop. You're gorgeous! Before, all that hair overwhelmed your face, but now it comes out and it's a great look!

I totally agree with this post. You look absolutely stunning by the way.

Welcome to the natural side.

skyborn09

Congratulations Lauren. I only wish I could be as bold as you and BC because a I've been wanting to go natural for a long time now. Kudos to ur courage!:grin:

tetbelle

Here are the pics! Warning...I still have more cutting to do because there are some straight ends and I'm a little lopsided in places. This is after a cowash with Fantasia IC gel finger combed through:

So, that's me in all my nappy glory!:grin:

You look great and it's long enough to play with different styles! Nice thick and beautiful.

tetbelle

DTD, I'm going to try to keep using my Mane and Tail and Sunsilk. I just bought some castor oil the other day, and I finally got a Denman (that thing is magic!), so I will be adding a few new things here and there.:yep:

Don't be surprised to discover that a lot of products you used on your relaxed hair may not work on your natural hair.

cutiebe2

Congrats! you have a good amount of growth. You could probably put that in a ponytail...if not then give it another two months.
you look great!