Which vitamins work the best?

yodie

Hi ladies,

My name is Rae-Shan. I'm new to this board and enjoy reading all of the tried and true methods you ladies have already come up with.

My hair is currently natural (about to be tex-laxed) and to the nape of my neck. I'm serious about wanting to grow it out.

My question is... which hair vitamins have you taken and seen results with? I currently take Gueye Hair Growth vitamins. They're good, but I'm wondering if there is something that works even better. I'd like to grow my hair six inches by June 07.

Thanks ladies.
I'll post a photo very soon.
Happy New Year!

Rae-Shan

shunta

Alot of ladies use the GNC vitamins, and I also hear alot about Futurebiotics (sp). I dont really think it matters, as long as it has the right doses of the most important ingredients. Personally, I dont even take a hair vitamin. I take Olay Beautiful Skin and Wellness and its fine; its a vitamin for skin and overall health.:)

Welcome to the forum!:p

yodie

Thanks for responding Shunta. I currently take a liquid multi vitamin, mineral and anti oxidant, but I'm feeling like a "hair vitamin" will do something for me. Hmmm....

What are the essentials needed to support hair growth?

Whole Foods just recommended a vitamin called "Shin Men". It was expensive ($33) and is still sitting on their shelf.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
shunta said:
Alot of ladies use the GNC vitamins, and I also hear alot about Futurebiotics (sp). I dont really think it matters, as long as it has the right doses of the most important ingredients. Personally, I dont even take a hair vitamin. I take Olay Beautiful Skin and Wellness and its fine; its a vitamin for skin and overall health.:)

Hi Shunta,

I take Olay as well. They work great! My skin glows.

MzOptimistic

raeshan said:
Hi ladies,

My name is Rae-Shan. I'm new to this board and enjoy reading all of the tried and true methods you ladies have already come up with.

My hair is currently natural (about to be tex-laxed) and to the nape of my neck. I'm serious about wanting to grow it out.

My question is... which hair vitamins have you taken and seen results with? I currently take Gueye Hair Growth vitamins. They're good, but I'm wondering if there is something that works even better. I'd like to grow my hair six inches by June 07.

Thanks ladies.
I'll post a photo very soon.
Happy New Year!

Rae-Shan

Here is a thread discussing the different types of vitamins to take to grow your hair:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=220

Last edited:

dlewis

I take One Source Hair Skin and Nails, but I think in most cases you're only going to grow 1/2" per month. (unless you're Ekomba:lol: ) She get's 2" per month.

Thanks TSmith for the link.

MzOptimistic

dlewis said:
I take One Source Hair Skin and Nails, but I think in most cases you're only going to grow 1/2" per month. (unless you're Ekomba:lol: ) She get's 2" per month.

Thanks TSmith for the link.

You're welcome:p

yodie

Hi ladies,

Thanks for responding. I'll check out that previous vitamin post. You all are definitely where I intend to be!! I'm posting photos this weekend and intend to grow, grow, grow. :p

Rae-Shan

shunta

january noir said:
shunta said:

Hi Shunta,

I take Olay as well. They work great! My skin glows.
Hey girl:) Yeah those Olay vitamins are the bomb, huh?:p Gotta love 'em