White women's reaction to my hair

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownieBrie

Most middle aged white women can't even tell the difference between weave and real hair on a black woman. She was just trying to by her groceries.

greenandchic

Most middle aged white women can't even tell the difference between weave and real hair on a black woman. She was just trying to by her groceries.

I agree. Hell, a lot of black women can't tell the difference between weave, etc. :look: I get black women asking me all the time of my bun (bigger now than in the pic) is my real hair. Its the same texture, color, etc and they still need to ask.

One universal piece of advice I've always read on hair related forums over the years, especially long hair forums (of any race) is to just keep it moving when it comes to how the public react to you. A lot of times is not even about your hair.

Also some women (and a lot of men) are just hypnotized by long hair. I know I am. :lol:

msdeevee

Most white people don't know what our hair is supposed to be so who cares?

I agree with she just wanted to pay for her stuff & wanted you to stop looking back at her & move on.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
OP How long is your hair? I was trying to get a feel of why she would be staring & you kept referencing your hair as 'long' but no length reference (I.e, MBL, WL, etc). So I couldn't give an opinion w/o the full picture.

cocosweet

She was standing there wishing there was a self checkout lane available. You were in front of her, she can't help but look at you.

Is your hair real life long?
LHCF long?
Are you Rapunzel's black sister?

We need pictures so we can judge properly.

The woman worked there. She was an employee and not a customer. I was in the self checkout lane, and I felt a presence behind me, I turned around and the employee is just staring at me as I ring up my groceries. My hair is 18 inches long, took me 5 years to grow it (since I was a teen). I never had this happen before. I just ignored her and kept it moving. I've had white girls comment how thick it is and ask to touch it.

southerncitygirl

cheescakeavenue

Since the movie "Good Hair" most white ppl think we are all bald and wear weaves/wigs. They don't understand that weaves/wigs are a style option not cause we envy their tresses. They also don't understand the concept of shrinkage and natural hair.

If you do search in the hair section of the forum there are 50-11 threads about this subject.

:yep:We need to see pictures to make a proper assessment, otherwise we will continue to think you are trolling:look:

curlycoquette

The woman worked there. She was an employee and not a customer. I was in the self checkout lane, and I felt a presence behind me, I turned around and the employee is just staring at me as I ring up my groceries. My hair is 18 inches long, took me 5 years to grow it (since I was a teen). I never had this happen before. I just ignored her and kept it moving. I've had white girls comment how thick it is and ask to touch it.

18 inches? Girl what? :rofl:

classoohfive

Was she checking out? She could have been on break or off the clock.

So was she just standing behind you staring like...

or

or

?

So you've been growing your hair out for 5 years and this is the first time this has happened to you? Yeah, I'm going to agree with the comment that it could have been a number of other reasons. If an employee is following me I just assume they think I'm trying to steal. :ohwell:

Meemee6223

Was she checking out? She could have been on break or off the clock.

So was she just standing behind you staring like...

or

or

?

So you've been growing your hair out for 5 years and this is the first time this has happened to you? Yeah, I'm going to agree with the comment that it could have been a number of other reasons. If an employee is following me I just assume they think I'm trying to steal. :ohwell:

LMAO!!!!! :lachen:

runwaydream

dont fall for it OP, unless your hair is down your a5s you wont win this one. this is lhcf, not your local BSS in the hood.

BostonMaria

So your hair is about mid back length then, am I right?
I'm sure she just thought your hair was pretty. I wouldn't give it another thought.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

AnjelLuvs

18 inches?! That is no remarkable feat...

That in natural hair is a goodlook, but straight nah buddy, you gots to come harder...

I guess that is why not posted in hair forum....

Sent from My Galaxy

Last edited:

prettyinpurple

I paused at labeling Keshia and Gabby as dark. They have average brown-toned skin to me.

No comment on the rest. Well I do agree that you need to get out more...

Mai Tai

Miss Nigeria-America
OP... You joined a hair board and had absolutely no clue where to post your hair related topic?

You really have to come better then that...

*CherryPie*

18 inches can be very long depending on how short/tall OP is. A lot of women have been on here longer than 5 years and still don't have 18 inches of hair. Most of the women on here with very long hair are short.

LunadeMiel

18" is short now :lol: Op when I wear my hair down I always catch white women staring. I was having dinner at this white woman's house and she had the nerve to ask if it's all mine.

Urban

Umm... At my local grocery store, there's always one staff member around the self check out incase someone needs help. Could she possibly have just been doing her job?

The way you keep repeating that your hair is very long ... Lol. Why do you assume that it's your hair she was staring at. Could've been your clothes, shoes, purse ... She could've been staring into space!

Either way, what opinion do you want? Or did you just really want LHCF to know you have really "long hair" from the outset after joining?

Last edited:

gabulldawg

18" is short now :lol: Op when I wear my hair down I always catch white women staring. I was having dinner at this white woman's house and she had the nerve to ask if it's all mine.

You know how it is. :lol: Even if it was booty length some would still pretend to be unimpressed. :lachen:

*CherryPie*

I'm not understanding all of this madness about OP's hair. Its possible that her hair is very long. :yep: theres a lot of people on here with long hair. its a long hair care forum. :lol: Some of y'all sound jealous.:look:

Status
Not open for further replies.