White women's reaction to my hair

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMFOCSD

Wow I wasn't expecting this type of response. I came here thinking most of you would understand since this is the LHCF for black women. A waste of membership money. I certainly wouldn't pay my money just to troll a message board forum

hmm..@ the bold, very common word here...anyway welcome..

I paused at labeling Keshia and Gabby as dark. They have average brown-toned skin to me.

No comment on the rest. Well I do agree that you need to get out more...

everyone has their own opinion on skin tones, I wont go there lol..

I'm not understanding all of this madness about OP's hair. Its possible that her hair is very long. :yep: theres a lot of people on here with long hair. its a long hair care forum. :lol: Some of y'all sound jealous.:look:

Yes and I don't understand all the rudeness towards OP...:look: and btw I cant wait to have this issue..:yep:

allmundjoi

hmm..@ the bold, very common word here...anyway welcome..

everyone has their own opinion on skin tones, I wont go there lol..

Yes and I don't understand all the rudeness towards OP...:look: and btw I cant wait to have this issue..:yep:

You really didn't expect this thread to go this route? Lol.

cheesecakeavenue please don't take any of this personally! Lol. Stay on the board and continue to post. You will get great tips from this site. Continue to participate in the board and I guarantee you you will enjoy yourself.

The tone and content of your post sounded like a bait post, once you've been on here for awhile you get used to them. That's it, that's all and people pay over and over to troll this site. Had you been a known poster I doubt you would have received the responses you did. Chin up!

IMFOCSD

@cheesecakeavenue please don't take any of this personally! Lol. Stay on the board and continue to post. You will get great tips from this site. Continue to participate in the board and I guarantee you you will enjoy yourself.

The tone and content of your post sounded like a bait post, once you've been on here for awhile you get used to them. That's it, that's all and people pay over and over to troll this site. Had you been a known poster I doubt you would have received the responses you did. Chin up!

Actually no...but then again this seems to happen more so than not nowadays...and that's not necessarily a good thing :look: her join date says December 2012 if i'm not mistaken so of course she is not going to know how to navigate the board....jmo.

OT: but its threads that take this route that make me understand the whole "women are messy" or "I dont get along with women" argument..

Perfexion

Umm... At my local grocery store, there's always one staff member around the self check out incase someone needs help. Could she possibly have just been doing her job?

The way you keep repeating that your hair is very long ... Lol. Why do you assume that it's your hair she was staring at. Could've been your clothes, shoes, purse ... She could've been staring into space!

Either way, what opinion do you want? Or did you just really want LHCF to know you have really "long hair" from the outset after joining?

Ditto. She was probably just seeing if
you needed help. It's not like she sniffed your hair or anything. THAT would've been a lil awkward. Since I've been natural I've had a few caucasian people touch (or ask to touch) my hair. But a black woman with long straight hair is common. The vast majority of white people have seen long straight hair on a black woman whether it be real or weave or a celebrity on TV.

runwaydream

Actually no...but then again this seems to happen more so than not nowadays...and that's not necessarily a good thing :look: her join date says December 2012 if i'm not mistaken so of course she is not going to know how to navigate the board....jmo.

OT: but its threads that take this route that make me understand the whole "women are messy" or "I dont get along with women" argument..

:rolleyes: oh please...what a load. i've been to message board that had a high number of males and their posts were always the meanest and nastiest ones. this is nothing compared to how males can be.

pookaloo83

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I thought I'd get some advice on my experiences as a black woman with long hair. Im 21 years old. I happen to be darkskinned, around Keshia Knight Pulliam/Gabrielle Union complexion with very long hair. In my area, its not common to see black women regardless of complexion wearing her own hair, most of us are weaved up.

This past weekend when I was at the grocery market, I was at the self checkout lane when I happened to feel a presence behind me. I turned around and there was a white, middle aged woman, around 50+ literally just STARING at me as I checked myself out. Just standing behind me, staring. Creepy. Rude. I ignored her, didn't want to cause a scene. Usually I wear my hair in a ponytail but this day I decided to wear it down. My hair is quite long. I dont know if she was just admiring my hair or what. But i find it very rude to stand behind a customer and just stare at them. I have observed that older white women in this age group tend to stare and follow me around clothing/department stores a lot. When my hair was shorter, or when I wore weaves they were not quite as obvious about it. I swear I never got followed around but now that my hair has grown very long I've become a target. I also notice that I attract white guys more often. Black guys don't really approach me they just stare and keep walking. Some of them act very intimidated by me now

AnjelLuvs

No seriously, hear me out... You join board right, the very 1st section listed IS NOT relationship, it is HAIR, or some variation...

This section is at bottom... Lol...

So yall can miss me with the not knowing where to post this thread stuff.... *scratches head* :ohwell: :grin:

Crystal22

Lol. Op you sound like you're closer to 16. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and hope that your next topic will make sense. Welcome to lhcf!

intellectualuva

I wasn't going to say anything, but since you did....yeah that was my first thought too.....are they considered darkskin? I thought they were in the Nia Long box. I've seen Gabby in person....but hey....if you think they're dark and you're dark...okie dokie..all good. :ohwell:

Welcome to LHCF. And enjoy them looks hunty!

I paused at labeling Keshia and Gabby as dark. They have average brown-toned skin to me.

No comment on the rest. Well I do agree that you need to get out more...

Last edited:

ambergirl

Po OP...wish you'd poked around here a bit before you posted this. You broke about 3 cardinal rules....1) claiming folks are jelly of your hair 2) not posting a pic of said jelly inducing hair 3)Putting it in the wrong forum.

Live and learn.

And y'all be nice to the newbie...she's 21.

cocosweet

The woman worked there. She was an employee and not a customer. I was in the self checkout lane, and I felt a presence behind me, I turned around and the employee is just staring at me as I ring up my groceries. My hair is 18 inches long, took me 5 years to grow it (since I was a teen). I never had this happen before. I just ignored her and kept it moving. I've had white girls comment how thick it is and ask to touch it.
She was probably on her lunch break and wanted you to hurry. Most stores I worked at only gave you a half hour lunch. There is no reason to think this is about your hair at all unless she said something.

Ganjababy

I'm wondering if the majority of this board is too jaded or if I'm too naive. I so want to believe the OP is coming from a place of truth and not trollery......

yellagirl730

Wow I wasn't expecting this type of response. I came here thinking most of you would understand since this is the LHCF for black women. A waste of membership money. I certainly wouldn't pay my money just to troll a message board forum

I am sorry you are getting these responses, but unfortunately it is par for the course. This topic has been discussed at length and with you being new there is no way for you to know that and instead of just answering your question you are chastised for asking a question. But to answer your question, the woman staring was probably wondering if your hair was your own or weave. I would have asked her, Is there a problem.

Mai Tai

Miss Nigeria-America
No seriously, hear me out... You join board right, the very 1st section listed IS NOT relationship, it is HAIR, or some variation...

This section is at bottom... Lol...

So yall can miss me with the not knowing where to post this thread stuff.... *scratches head* :ohwell: :grin:

I knew I wasn't crazy.

Maybe she thought the staring white woman wanted some sort of relationship. I don't know...

*CherryPie*

I agree. When I looked at the join date I thought she was chocolatelove2010 trying to prank us once again. :lol: But when it became obvious that she was not, I took her seriously.

*CherryPie*

I've always thought gabby, Nia, and Keisha were dark...not medium. I only hear dark skinned people saying these 3 are medium.

I wasn't going to say anything, but since you did....yeah that was my first thought too.....are they considered darkskin? I thought they were in the Nia Long box. I've seen Gabby in person....but hey....if you think they're dark and you're dark...okie dokie..all good. :ohwell:

Welcome to LHCF. And enjoy them looks hunty!

FelaShrine

I knew I wasn't crazy.

Maybe she thought the staring white woman wanted some sort of relationship. I don't know...

maybe since you know BM supposedly rn away from her and her long hair

The post went from crazy white women trying to steal her hair to black men not dating her and all sorts of gibberish.

Thanks for the gif btw, doll :yep:

Crystal22

Seeing how imo, nia, gabby, and keisha are all diff skin tones I dont see how they can all fit dark or mediun. Nia is medium, Gabby brown, keisha dark....

RocStar

Really, the light skin/medium skin/dark skin debate is going to be part of this thread?

Come on people...:nono::nono:

Middle

Guess who?
what i don't get is people proclaiming somebody as dark like they're breaking hearts and righting wrongs.

omg Nia is dark-skinned??? So what does that make meeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! *cries*

tlbaby23

cheesecakeavenue please don't take any of this personally! Lol. Stay on the board and continue to post. You will get great tips from this site. Continue to participate in the board and I guarantee you you will enjoy yourself.

What's a bait post??

Status
Not open for further replies.