White women's reaction to my hair

Status
Not open for further replies.

prettyinpurple

I've always thought gabby, Nia, and Keisha were dark...not medium. I only hear dark skinned people saying these 3 are medium.

When you say dark, I think Djimon or Alex Wek honestly. I'm not dark either, just average brown with golden undertones. But if you think of the range of skintones starting at pretty light-skinned, then Gabby/Nia/Keisha are more mid-toned IMO.

I think they have some uneven skintone on their faces as we all do and they can look darker sometime.

Carry on people.

InchHighPrivateEye

Middle said:
what i don't get is people proclaiming somebody as dark like they're breaking hearts and righting wrongs.

omg Nia is dark-skinned??? So what does that make meeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! *cries*

LMAOOOOO!!

kimpaur

There's thread in the hair section where women share similar stories to yours, I think it's called "Long hair women, let me live vicariously through you", you should check that out OP cheesecakeavenue

ChasingBliss

Just mosied on in her to see why this thread was so long. Plus the title confused me for the forum it's in.

strolling on out....

*CherryPie*

What I don't get is why y'all think its so bad to be dark?? Folks upset about people saying someone is dark.:lol::lol: Thats so funny.

what i don't get is people proclaiming somebody as dark like they're breaking hearts and righting wrongs.

omg Nia is dark-skinned??? So what does that make meeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! *cries*

*CherryPie*

Alex and Djimon are VERY dark. Nia, Keisha, and Gabby are just dark.

When you say dark, I think Djimon or Alex Wek honestly. I'm not dark either, just average brown with golden undertones. But if you think of the range of skintones starting at pretty light-skinned, then Gabby/Nia/Keisha are more mid-toned IMO.

I think they have some uneven skintone on their faces as we all do and they can look darker sometime.

Carry on people.

JeterCrazed

I'm so glad I'm light skinned so I don't have to be continuously classified between smedium and ground coffee. Just put me on the end of the spectrum.

cocosweet

Wait...

Are we applying the Paper Bag Standard?

Lighter than paper bag = light

Darker than a paper bag = dark and that includes everyone from Nia Long to Wesley Snipes. No hair splitting about being medium required.

I've read that there are over 3 dozen skin tone variations among black people. Looking at it as a range, neither Gabby U., Nia, or Keyshia are very light or very dark so boom, they're medium.

Last edited:

Allandra

@Pebbles

I moved it to the hair discussion forum.

Wow, you all can be quite rude. :nono:

Yes, you guessed it.

I'm closing his thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.